Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Is this phone dual sim? I see Argos have dropped the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

beauf wrote: »
    Is this phone dual sim? I see Argos have dropped the price.

Not the variant sold in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Has anybody received the March security update?

My wife's Galaxy S7, which is a three year old device, got the latest update a few weeks. I thought Android One devices were supposed to get the updates as soon as they were released by Google?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Phat Cat wrote: »

My wife's Galaxy S7, which is a three year old device, got the latest update a few weeks. I thought Android One devices were supposed to get the updates as soon as they were released by Google?

Not yet. Could be delayed by HMD to ensure any holes found sending info to Chinese servers were plugged.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

GBX wrote: »
    Not yet. Could be delayed by HMD to ensure any holes found sending info to Chinese servers were plugged.

The Nokia 7 plus in other markets has got it already I think it's a different variant to the one we have here. Hopefully it comes soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

That's not the same update. That's Samsung's March security update, directly from them. It doesn't necessarily mean it's the same update as the Android One March update, in fact it's likely months and months behind.

Latest Android update installing now. 1.5gigs!

User interface enhancements
    Improved system stability
    March 2019 security patch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

GBX wrote: »
    Latest Android update installing now. 1.5gigs!

User interface enhancements
    Improved system stability
    March 2019 security patch

How did it go? All good

deckie27 wrote: »
    How did it go? All good

Yeah all good. I haven't noticed any difference so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I took a long while for it to run through the process and paused several times when other apps were active. Took nearly 60 minuntes.

Once it rebooted it took another 5 minutes but since than it's running.

No differences noticed so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭robinwing

Can only hear calls on speaker phone and recipient can only hear me when I am on speakerphone . Anyone got a fix for this ? only started doing this today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

robinwing wrote: »
    Can only hear calls on speaker phone and recipient can only hear me when I am on speakerphone . Anyone got a fix for this ? only started doing this today
    Have you turned it on and off again?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭robinwing

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Have you turned it on and off again?

Tried that and it didn't work , so turned it off overnight and rebooted this morning TWICE , the second time its back to normal again .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

My power button keeps trying to take screenshots when I go to turn off the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Volume button could be sticking as pressing it and the power button simultaneously takes a screenshot.

ofcork wrote:
    My power button keeps trying to take screenshots when I go to turn off the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

I've noticed on this phone that when playing embedded videos in articles, especially twitter videos, there is a bit of skipping a second in the video every so often. Becoming annoying.
    Is anyone familiar with a fix?
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what settings to tweak?

I think it's more than just a streaming or buffer issue... But weird.

I'm having issues charging my phone, it only charges when I put some pressure on either side of USB C cable, if I just plug it in normally it won't charge.
    I tried a different cable and cleaning the charge port but neither worked.
    Is there any way of fixing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm having issues charging my phone, it only charges when I put some pressure on either side of USB C cable, if I just plug it in normally it won't charge.
    I tried a different cable and cleaning the charge port but neither worked.
    Is there any way of fixing this?

Same for me and it's only started a few days ago.
    If I leave the cable hang off my bedside locker, it's enough pressure to charge but it's a pain in the hoop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

yes also happening to me, hmm

with a few different cables

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's a problem with the phone guys. It needs to be repaired or replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

Same problem here, I have to put something under the cable for the phone to charge.

I assume it has to go back to Nokia, what is the turn around time? Have heard 21 days, dont fancy being without my phone that long!!

branners69 wrote: »
    Same problem here, I have to put something under the cable for the phone to charge.

I assume it has to go back to Nokia, what is the turn around time? Have heard 21 days, dont fancy being without my phone that long!!

I got mine from Amazon so dealt with them. Once they confirmed it was a fault with the phone they issued me a return label. I asked them could I buy a new phone and once it has arrived send back my old one for a refund. They were grand with that so I wasn't without my phone at all. It meant having to pay for the new one before I received the refund for the old one but I didn't mind that.

I got mine from Amazon so dealt with them. Once they confirmed it was a fault with the phone they issued me a return label. I asked them could I buy a new phone and once it has arrived send back my old one for a refund. They were grand with that so I wasn't without my phone at all. It meant having to pay for the new one before I received the refund for the old one but I didn't mind that.

Amazon are amazing to deal with. I had an LG Nexus 5x for over 2 years bought from Amazon. Had a boot up problem and I contacted Amazon. They gave a return label and gave me a choice of the full payment amount credit or money back.

Took the money and bought the Nokia 7 Plus from Vodafone but am dreading dealing with Vodafone/Nokia!

I wonder can I walk into Vodafone and demand a replacement there and then as it is under a year old?

I wonder can I walk into Vodafone and demand a replacement there and then as it is under a year old?

No, consumer law is quite clear.

No, consumer law is quite clear.

Well I can ask for repair, replace or refund. I wonder what they would offer?

repair in the first instance

repair in the first instance

Depending on the company you are dealing with of course!

Depending on the company you are dealing with of course!

in this instance, Vodafone. It's repair in the first instance, unless it's within 28 days, I believe.

I was talking to someone in Vodafone earlier today and was told that this is a very common problem but it's apparently very easy to repair.
    The only down side is that the phone will need to be sent off to Hungary for repair with around one week turnaround time.
    I'm going to drop mine in next week as the messing around with charger cables is becoming unbearable at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Volume button could be sticking as pressing it and the power button simultaneously takes a screenshot.

Don't think its that as volume button working fine.

Advertisement