Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (/pro) [WHYRED][China/Global] ***(Please read first post)***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭imonboard

Argos is 290 now, where are people getting this phone now apart from aliexpress and honor buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

imonboard wrote: »
    Argos is 290 now, where are people getting this phone now apart from aliexpress and honor buy?

I'd go for it here @€;191 using fee free card.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-5-99-Inch-Android-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Black/dp/B07DPWSSYW

Invincible wrote: »
    Did you buy that ? Fee free card?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

imonboard wrote: »
    Did you buy that ? Fee free card?

Just bought one myself for my son, 196 using revolut. Should be 191 but Amazon tacked on 4 pound for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Just bought one myself for my son, 196 using revolut. Should be 191 but Amazon tacked on 4 pound for some reason.

Think it's something to do with applying Irish VAT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yes. Irish vat is higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

You wont go wrong buying from

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu

Have a look at the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A1 while your on there its a better phone and is built on Android One. Google give you unlimited cloud storage for pictures and videos on android one

Hi, is it the correct processor, is the description incorrect?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Think it's something to do with applying Irish VAT

Could be, I cancelled and used parcel motel. Saved myself a euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I bought this yesterday for my wife, what smart watches are people using alongside them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I bought this yesterday for my wife, what smart watches are people using alongside them?

Xiaomi mi Band of course!! ;) Three sell them in store

https://www.three.ie/brand/xiaomi/

down the bottom of the page is the Mi band 3

Kamili wrote: »
    Xiaomi mi Band of course!! ;) Three sell them in store

https://www.three.ie/brand/xiaomi/

down the bottom of the page is the Mi band 3

I have that myself and its perfect with my mi max 2 but I'm looking for a more traditional style watch along the lines of the Samsung gear(or the gear itself). I just want one that works well with the note 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭corkie

I have spare end pieces if they don't send them to you

My second GKK case arrived today, they wouldn't ship extra end pieces. Did you ever find your spare pieces?

It was 11/11 Order, my other case (ZNP 360 Degree Case) order which according to tracking was suppose to be on the same flight. Will probably arrive Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

corkie wrote: »
    My second GKK case arrived today, they wouldn't ship extra end pieces. Did you ever find your spare pieces?

It was 11/11 Order, my other case (ZNP 360 Degree Case) order which according to tracking was suppose to be on the same flight. Will probably arrive Monday?

The power button broke on mine the other day, so was glad to have ordered another for 3 quid odd on 11.11

Also ordered thethe ZNP you mentioned above, but the GKK has protected the phone well from several falls so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I have that myself and its perfect with my mi max 2 but I'm looking for a more traditional style watch along the lines of the Samsung gear(or the gear itself). I just want one that works well with the note 5.

What about the Xiaomi Amazfit pace? also sold by three

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

UsedToWait wrote: »
    The power button broke on mine the other day, so was glad to have ordered another for 3 quid odd on 11.11

Also ordered thethe ZNP you mentioned above, but the GKK has protected the phone well from several falls so far..

The gkk case saved my bacon a few times too. Highly recommend it. Mine cracked with the force of the fall but the phone was perfect inside. Great case

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Does it take eglobal long to send out an order? Never used them before but saw a few here used them without issue so I chanced it

Ordered Tuesday still says processing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭honda boi

I ordered a note 5 (4gb ram,64gb rom)a few weeks ago from Amazon but the delivery date was too far away so reordered another one using PW .
    The one I ordered a few weeks back arrived today.
    Anyone interested in it? Amazon said I could return it,but does anyone here want it as I see the price has gone up in Amazon now.
    Paid €200 for it so will let it go €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

How come ppl are still buying the note 5 when the note 6 appears to be available now at similar price and slightly better specs?

Anyone gone for the 6 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭corkie

How come ppl are still buying the note 5 when the note 6 appears to be available now at similar price and slightly better specs?

Anyone gone for the 6 ?

It is only a slight improvement, extra front camera and the famous NOTCH is a feature. That some people probably want to avoid?

Gsmarena Comparison

corkie wrote: »
    It is only a slight improvement, extra front camera and the famous NOTCH is a feature. That some people probably want to avoid?

yeah, maybe that's the reason. Just curious as I've been away from this thread for a while and thought perhaps there was something wrong with the note 6 that I missed! There is not even a new thread for this model!

One of the boys is looking a replacement for his broken screen RN4, the 6 Pro seems the obvious choice..

*quick update - ordered the RN6 Pro from honorbuy since posting. Phone, glass, TPU & EU delivery €213 all in. Email this am to say it has dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

yeah, maybe that's the reason. Just curious as I've been away from this thread for a while and thought perhaps there was something wrong with the note 6 that I missed! There is not even a new thread for this model!

One of the boys is looking a replacement for his broken screen RN4, the 6 Pro seems the obvious choice..

*quick update - ordered the RN6 Pro from honorbuy since posting. Phone, glass, TPU & EU delivery €213 all in. Email this am to say it has dispatched.

Any updates on the note 6 I was just going to order the 5 off amazon? Is it worth paying a bit more off amazon than the other sites

popsy09 wrote: »
    Any updates on the note 6 I was just going to order the 5 off amazon? Is it worth paying a bit more off amazon than the other sites

The note 6 arrived Monday via DHL (ordered Friday). That's just a fantastic service, as usual, from honorbuy.

Can't say anything about the phone as it's wrapped and under the tree until Christmas day!

The note 6 arrived Monday via DHL (ordered Friday). That's just a fantastic service, as usual, from honorbuy.

Can't say anything about the phone as it's wrapped and under the tree until Christmas day!

I get the note 6 leather case tempered glass for 216e delivered. I think ill sleep on it and make my mind up in morning I just always had a Samsung and its a big move ha ha

Ordered this morning

Phone is at home waiting for me. Fast delivery can't complain

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

popsy09 wrote: »
    Phone is at home waiting for me. Fast delivery can't complain

Where did you order from.

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Where did you order from.

E global

• Advertisement

17 minutes from order to delivery, that's not bad I suppose.

Advertisement