Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Hello Doorbell Install

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Hey guys, my transformer is in my panel, see link for the picture.

Not sure if this is suitable.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/q1MfTBKgrlUQF2os1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

Caillte wrote: »
    Hey guys, my transformer is in my panel, see link for the picture.

Not sure if this is suitable.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/q1MfTBKgrlUQF2os1
    Should be ok. Is there three out ports on it? One for each voltage? If so you need to be on 24v

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I need to upgrade my transformer, only 12v.
    Are there brick and mortar shops that sell them anywhere in Dublin?

slayerking wrote: »
    I need to upgrade my transformer, only 12v.
    Are there brick and mortar shops that sell them anywhere in Dublin?

I have a spare transformer that I didn't use. See earlier post.It should work but I ended up buying one as per spec nest rated 24 volts 10va

I'm in lusk. If you want it I'll let go for tenner. Drop me a pm.
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

kamin99 wrote: »
    as Nest doorbell is now available to buy from nest.com/ie I am planning to buy one , but would like it professionally installed as i don't know where the transformer is!. any one know a good Nest pro installer for Doorbell in north side Dublin

If you find an installer / electrician who does these please let me know. I don’t currentky have a wired doorbell . How hard/ messy would it be to get the door wired for this ?

• Advertisement

If you find an installer / electrician who does these please let me know. I don’t currentky have a wired doorbell . How hard/ messy would it be to get the door wired for this ?

It really depend. You need wires to the doorbell. Where is your fuse box in relation to your door etc

It really depend. You need wires to the doorbell. Where is your fuse box in relation to your door etc

Directly above the door on the inside and slightly to the right

Directly above the door on the inside and slightly to the right

Should be handy enough so. Drilling involved obviously but at least not long runs

Should be handy enough so. Drilling involved obviously but at least not long runs

Thanks. What would a rough estimated price be , including nest install?

Thanks. What would a rough estimated price be , including nest install?

Depends i paid 60 to get transformer fitted and doorbell moved from side of wall beside door jam to front wall..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

279 on the nest shop for Ireland now just got the email

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

nigwerwig wrote: »
    279 on the nest shop for Ireland now just got the email

Can’t see it on the English or Irish shop?

Robbie G wrote: »
    Can’t see it on the English or Irish shop?

https://store.nest.com/ie/product/nest-hello/NC5100GB

Thanks... was looking at the Google shops. Ye think it would be there.

Thanks... was looking at the Google shops. He think it would be there.

While owned by Google they are operated as a separate business.. Google are folding them back under their fold though.. Now if they would just get us firmware for the stats so the temp sensors work before the winter

While owned by Google they are operated as a separate business.. Google are folding them back under their fold though.. Now if they would just get us firmware for the stats so the temp sensors work before the winter

So they can tell outside temp?

So they can tell outside temp?

No the idea is you place them in different rooms and you can give priority to them. So if your nest thermostat is in warm place but you have a cold bedroom etc you put the sensor in the colder room..

I’ve a question for ye all on the transformer size. Do the new ones fit in where the old one was easy enough and are you able to fit cover back on?

This is mine at the min.

I’ve a question for ye all on the transformer size. Do the new ones fit in where the old one was easy enough and are you able to fit cover back on?

This is mine at the min.

That's the door chime? Yeah the extension bit fitted inside our housing grand. The transformer we had was old one. New one was fitted to circuit breaker board

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

This is mine at the min.

Normally the transformer is fitted in the fuse board and it just clips out and the replacement clips in.

Your one is a bit different in that the transformer is included in the bell housing.

Also be careful as the brown wire on the bottom left may have an exposed live conductor. Hard to be clear from the picture.

It might be best to get it done professionally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Have the nest on order, would this work as a replacement to the transformer? 8-24V with 8VA on the screwfix uk site. I take it it is just a matter of replacing the 8v unit in the mcb box? , not a bad price either £8.95...

https://www.screwfix.com/p/british-general-8-24v-8-va-bell-transformer-module/8707p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Moreilly wrote: »
    Have the nest on order, would this work as a replacement to the transformer? 8-24V with 8VA on the screwfix uk site. I take it it is just a matter of replacing the 8v unit in the mcb box? , not a bad price either £8.95...

https://www.screwfix.com/p/british-general-8-24v-8-va-bell-transformer-module/8707p

Ah feck... Do I need to get a transformer for the eu version as well? :/

Nedved85 wrote: »

All doorbells use a transformer. Most traditional ones are 8 to 12 volts. The hello needs 16 to 24

Moreilly wrote: »

More than likely to work. I ordered one from Amazon that matched the spec 24 volts 10va. They don't seem that common. Was twice the price. Asked electrian and he says regular one should work.. I had loads of time to wait so ordered the amazon one..

i thin it depends on what transformer you have, most here (&mine) seem to be 8v, which will need replacing ,even on the eu version. you can check here https://nest.com/ie/doorbell/nest-hello/overview/#doorbell-works :)

More than likely to work. I ordered one from Amazon that matched the spec 24 volts 10va. They don't seem that common. Was twice the price. Asked electrian and he says regular one should work.. I had loads of time to wait so ordered the amazon one..

Thanks, do you have a link to the one you ordered?

I'm putting this in a new build house once it arrives. Electrician has the doorbell chime box (not sure what the technical term for that is..) already installed in the hall, just need the doorbell (and transformer now..).

Thanks, do you have a link to the one you ordered?

I'm putting this in a new build house once it arrives. Electrician has the doorbell chime box (not sure what the technical term for that is..) already installed in the hall, just need the doorbell (and transformer now..).

It's earlier in the thread. Running out now so will post this evening if you stuck

My electrician is on the case with the transformer. He was saying he had issues before with the chime for the Ring doorbell though. Does the chime work for ye?

• Advertisement

My electrician is on the case with the transformer. He was saying he had issues before with the chime for the Ring doorbell though. Does the chime work for ye?

Yes chime worked no problem

Advertisement