Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2P Lending

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Has anyone started using Bondster (.com)? Czech fintech startup. I will sign up and take a look. Returns up to 13.5% with buyback sound promising.

Edit: They appear to be using a service platform from a Dublin based startup called Leveris.
    Leveris appear to have had investment from Enterprise Ireland.

Edit 2: Sign up was very straight forward. No issues. I used a referral from p2phero.com for 1% cashback. Take a look on the p2phero.com site if you wish to use his referral, or PM if you want mine. I have transferred a small sum to get started.

Currently over 600 loans available, mix of CZK, EUR, Real Estate and Biz loans. Terms from 7 days to 23 months. Rates from 3.9% to 13.50%. They have a number of loan originators, including LIME. Which some of you might know form Mintos. Buyback is 30-60 days.
    There was a 1% annual fee, which is still detailed on the website. However on reading another blog this fee was removed for EUR investments. I've reached out to their support for clarification.

Lime on mintos stopped issuing loans months ago and every loan sat there for months until buyback.

Other russians looked to be doing same but I haven't checked ina while.

I bailed out of most of these, through no fault of your own you could lose alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Can you see if you received interest for the late period on Mintos for your LIME loans? I'm out and about at the moment so cannot check until later.
    vargoo wrote: »
    Lime on mintos stopped issuing loans months ago and every loan sat there for months until buyback.

Other russians looked to be doing same but I haven't checked ina while.

I bailed out of most of these, through no fault of your own you could lose alot.

Can you see if you received interest for the late period on Mintos for your LIME loans? I'm out and about at the moment so cannot check until later.

Can't check properly until later but First few late ones, interest received, I'd kept an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anyone feedback on Crowdestor?
    Interest rates look tasty but am hesitant to pull the trigger.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

I can confirm that Bondster have removed the 1% annual fee for EUR investments. Their website has not been updated yet.

Edit: A quick update.

First investments done on Bondster. I went with a few short term loans (4-7day 13% LIME) to see how the process works. Auto-invest has been set up however I have no funds available for now. Interface is clean. Basic account statements information available but very limited filtering.

KYC documents required, so I've upload those. ID and bank statement.

Manual investing in loans is horribly slow. I thought ViaInvest was bad enough but at least I could open multiple tabs to speed up the manual investment process. With Bondster, that is not possible it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

So heres my update.

Im only new to this but I like to see other people put stuff up here so I feel that I should put my views up here as well.

Overall Im very happy with my loans, I check them regularly and try to make sure that Im not too heavy in any area.

Id love to put more into P2P but Im at the limit that I set myself, its hard to see money sitting in a bank account not working for you.

Mintos - Fully invested and happy with them

Envestio- Small lag with the infrequent loans selling out much quicker now making it hard to be fully invested, rates are very good.

Peerberry is good but seems to have small unexplained lags lately when there seems to be loans available.

Grupeer, Linked Finance, Fast Invest, Robo cash and Viventor all doing exactly what it says on the tin, fully invested in all and im happy with my returns.

Overall I think that P2P lending is excellent, Im constantly trying to minimise risk .

Glad to take any advise .

• Registered Users Posts: 40 P2PBanking.com

Has anyone started using Bondster (.com)?
    There was a 1% annual fee, which is still detailed on the website. However on reading another blog this fee was removed for EUR investments. I've reached out to their support for clarification.

The fee was removed on March 20th (for EUR currency loans)
    https://www.p2p-kredite.com/diskussion/viewtopic,p,113481.html#113481

Fair point. I'll reach out to Swaper for their financial statements.

Mintos reports available here (2015-2017): link (Ernest & Young Baltic)

ViaInvest reports available here (2014-2018): link (Deloitte, BDO)

EstateGuru reports available (2017 only) here: link (Ernest & Young Baltic)

TWINO reports available here (2016-2018): link (BDO)

FastInvest reports available here (2017): link (The reports appear to be 3 page summaries)

Envestio only started trading publicly in 2018. The 2018 annual report is expected after 31Jul2019. They broke even in 2018 (with a small profit). 2019 is expected to improve on 2018.

Swaper have no reports currently available but there is ongoing work to prepare them. A summary of results for 2016-2018 will be made available shortly.

* note some of the latest reports are unaudited.

I have reached out to others and I will update the list as I find or get more information. If anyone would like to help add to the list, I'd welcome the help.

Twino made 3million profit in 9 months?

I'm not sure what you're asking vargoo?
    vargoo wrote: »
    Twino made 3million profit in 9 months?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what you're asking vargoo?

Can't be that high can it?

I would be concerned it's so small after 10 years in operation. They state 500 million in volume since 2009. A summary of their last few years:

2015 : 1.5 mil loss
    2016 : 1.7 mil loss
    2017 : 12.5 mil loss
    2018 (9 months) : 3 mil profit

I cannot see the reason for the significant loss in 2017. A move from TWINO reporting to the TWINO Group perhaps? Don't have the energy to go through the reports in details this evening.

Giving the operating losses for the first 9 months of 2018, you could estimate similar losses for the last 3 months. This would push the year 2018 into another loss of 1-2 mil.

Have TWINO ever made a profit?

I used a similar approach, diversification is important. I am happy I chose Mintos as one of my first platforms to try.

Remember to use referral links where you can (both of you will get something back). Plenty of the blogs have referral links or you can ask some of the contributors here.

@vargoo, do you mind sharing which p2p platforms are you currently invested in and how are your returns?
    watwag wrote: »
    Hi projectmoose and all,

I've been reading through this thread and doing some research and am going to take the plunge on p2p with a few k.

My thoughts were dividing my capital evenly between 4-5 of what appear to be best performing platforms and then setting autobid or platform equivalent to a low threshold.

Would your approach be similar? Or do you feel it is best to go in strong on one of the better performing platforms in order to maximise returns? I'm not hugely risk averse on this but with gains not differing hugely amongst some platforms seems to make sense to diversify across multiple platforms?

Cheers

ViaInvest have launched a refer-a-friend campaign (T&C's). 10 EUR each, with some T&Cs.

Grupeer have a few new originators joining their platform. Right Choice Finance (Philippines IR:13%), PlanetaCash (Russia IR:13%) and Bosak MFB (Nigeria IR:11%). All three have buyback guarantee.
    There will be an Easter promotion for all PlanetaCash loans 13% + 2% bonus cashback. Bosak MFB will have a 11% + 1% cashback promo. Promo runs 19-22 April.

So heres my update.

Faced with leaving funds to rot in a current account I decided to put some more into Mintos. Its not funds i can afford to lose so I spent a good bit of the weekend tidying up my account and making sure that I had a solid structure in place.

I went through my auto invest portfolios and only have the higher rated lenders in there, A and B only with the ratings given by explorep2p.com given some value as well.

I then went through the diversification option and spent some time at that as well.

Im hoping that ive ended up with a solid and safe portfolio in what I believe is the best platform out there.

Ive currently got a projected return of 10.6% which im very happy with given my parameters.

overall Ive about 15% of my total investment portfolio in P2P theres bits of me that wants to increase that and bits that thinks its enough.

Again, always open to comments and advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Shelflife wrote: »
    So heres my update.

Faced with leaving funds to rot in a current account I decided to put some more into Mintos. Its not funds i can afford to lose so I spent a good bit of the weekend tidying up my account and making sure that I had a solid structure in place.

I went through my auto invest portfolios and only have the higher rated lenders in there, A and B only with the ratings given by explorep2p.com given some value as well.

I then went through the diversification option and spent some time at that as well.

Im hoping that ive ended up with a solid and safe portfolio in what I believe is the best platform out there.

I've currently got a projected return of 10.6% which im very happy with given my parameters.

overall I've about 15% of my total investment portfolio in P2P theres bits of me that wants to increase that and bits that thinks its enough.

Again, always open to comments and advise.

If I had the patience to sit down and figure out the interface and portal on Mintos I'd do something similar. Currently I have 1,000 in Mintos on the auto invest 3 month option. No clue or interest as to who the money's going to. average rate is 11.3%. Have made a princely return of €2.80 on €1000 principal since 23rd April.

On Linked Finance I have average rate of 10.2%. O/S principal of €2,216 and have racked up interest of €215 in 13 months. (Do Rev commissioners monitor these threads?)

Am saving for wedding/honeymoon (and ideally a gaf:() so vast bulk of savings are in Prize bonds and the bank

Have you increased your funds in any of your other P2P platforms Shelflife? How are they doing?

I'm seeing a little cash drag again on Swaper so moved funds around to other platforms.

Next to no new loans available on envestio.

Too early to say more about Bondster. I have the financial reports but the report is in Czech, if anyone wants to translate them?

All others tipping along nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I dipped my toe into p2p with linked finance a few months back and now I'm looking for a 2nd platform to put some money into.
    would Mintos be the suggested platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

ganmo wrote: »
    I dipped my toe into p2p with linked finance a few months back and now I'm looking for a 2nd platform to put some money into.

much of a muchness from I can tell - I suppose LF is Irish, with a physical address in Ballsbridge in Dublin, etc. That is a measure of comfort to some people.

Shelflife wrote: »
    So heres my update.

Don't go near B- if you can't afford to lose it. Some real turds in there.

Varks is B, still in negative equity apparently/their uploaded in armenian financials still causing doubts. So I'd untick that to. They have good looking statistics page and only 1 page of late loans versus 57 pages total but that wouldn't be a saving grace for me with money I'm not comfortable losing.

• Advertisement

Cheers Vargoo, no Varks in there and only one B-, Ive used the explore p2p ratings and the Mintos ratings and only have those that scored high on both.

Ive also reduced my loan value from €50 to €25 , that may result in some lag but if it does ill put it back up again.

ProjectMoose I left the other platforms alone, I got out of swaper altogether as there didnt seem to be any loans there at all.

Ive a small position in Envestio, there have been about 5 loans in the last couple of weeks and they are selling out very quickly, im fully invested there but you have to act fast when they email you about new loans.

The rest im happy with, tidied up viventor and removed some of the weaker companies from my auto invest.

Did a lot more reading on the whole industry and the platforms im involved in.

The more info we share on here the better.

Mintos has released their 2018 annual report (audited by EY). In 2018, Mintos made a small profit of ~ EUR 13,500
    Jørgen has a review/breakdown of the report on financiallyfree.eu ([URL="https:///mintos-financial-report-2018/#more-3763"]here[/URL]). The stats are very interesting.

Bondster have a promo next week. 15% returns on loans from Bulgarian originator stikcredit.bg
    If anyone is interested, Bondster made a lossin 2017 and 2018 as follows (approx figures):
    2017: 12 mil CZK (EUR 460k)
    2018: 8 mil CZK (EUR 310k)

Edit: There is an interview with a Bondster Manager on p2p-banking.com (here)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭flycd

I’m currently invested in Kuflink and Mintos. Got rid of Twino.

Kuflink 7% return plus sign up bonus, on 5k invested my return will be just under £500 over 6 months including the £250 bonus. They boast no losses. Looking back on previous late loans they give a detailed analysis on when the loan will be paid back. Mine have all been on time so far. Monthly payments of interest received.
    Revolut account can be used for Sterling investments.

Referral link:
    https://invest.kuflink.co.uk/invite/CD-17FD

Very happy with Mintos so far. Investing since October in this platform, quite heavily the last couple of months for the short term.
    12.4% return plus the sign up bonus. I only invest in buy back loans no lower than B rating. Lots can be late but interest still received. Refer a friend bonus improved with returns given after 24 days for the first 14 days of registration. Previous waiting time 120 days.

ED1ECA3E-9AF3-0EB9-067C-0D79E19DD8A6.jpg

Referral link:
    http://www.mintos.com/en/l/ref/WREFYT

Overall quite happy with it so far but don’t want to push my luck, there’s always that doubt.

You would want to be very brave to be investing in GBP loans if you're EUR based. Brexit related XE fluctuations could wipe out your returns over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭flycd

You would want to be very brave to be investing in GBP loans if you're EUR based. Brexit related XE fluctuations could wipe out your returns over night.

Thanks, I didn’t exchange euro, you’re right that would be a bad move, I have a Sterling account already from 2015 which has been upsetting to see the exchange rates since the vote! I’m still hoping it won’t actually happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 P2PBanking.com

I see GBP (and AUD) investment as diversification. Currency fluctation can go both ways. My GBP investents in P2P have reduced in the last year, but not because of Brexit, but rather as a result of the situation at Lendy (completely exited in autumn) and Moneything. I also have a portfolio at Seedrs which is mostly in GBP and developing nicely.

The typical 'small time' p2p investor should not be investing in other currencies IMHO. The large fluctuations that we've seen in recent years in core currencies like GBP, USD, AUD would push p2p loans into the extremely high risk territory. The returns just simply aren't there to justify the risk.

I will admit, you can be lucky when it goes the 'right way' but when you have unprecedented events like Brexit, a head case POTUS etc. no one can predict what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

ganmo wrote: »

Property Bridges is a new(ish) platform, 4 completed investments to date, one currently open for €700k, all Irish, all investments returning 7.5% to 8.5% pa so far, all investments secured against property/site. Looks far safer (to me) than LF the way that has gone, min investment €500 per investment.

Robo.cash have launched a loyalty program. Loyalty bonus UPTO 1%. More details on their news page here.

• Advertisement

Robo.cash have launched a loyalty program. Loyalty bonus UPTO 1%. More details on their news page here.

It's sh1t in fairness.

Advertisement