Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2P Lending

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Yep, will do on Monday. Will take another look again tonight to double check my figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

If you put 100 euri into mintos, and invest in 10, 10 euro loans, total invested =100euro.

If one loan pays you back early and you now have 10.05 to spend, which you do, do you now have total invested of 110.05.

Deposits =100. Withdawls =0. Profits =0.05. Total invested = 110.05

If you re-invest the 10.05 returned, you still only have the 100 euro invested plus the 0.05 interest earned (100.05 total invested).

Grupeer have listed the "cumulative investment value" (110.05 in your example), but the value is useless in my mind.

Edit: Viventor also have a "ALL TIME TRANSACTIONS" section and the 'funds invested' value is at 75k in my example. Total useless to me. For the record I have a tiny fraction of that value actually invested.
    sKeith wrote: »
    If you put 100 euri into mintos, and invest in 10, 10 euro loans, total invested =100euro.

If one loan pays you back early and you now have 10.05 to spend, which you do, do you now have total invested of 110.05.

Deposits =100. Withdawls =0. Profits =0.05. Total invested = 110.05

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

You can export transactions from mintos as a csv/xls, i did this before xmas and did some wizardry on it to pivot growth over time, country, etc. The balances checked out.

ProjectMoose> In my mintos profile, overview's invested funds equals the figure for total outstanding principal, in the 'my investments' totals.
    This does differ from the total of my investments, but by the exact figure in the total received payments total.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. I have tried that already and I have a few hundred euro difference no matter what I've tried. It's a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

I had a quick look at my account.

Correct down to the cent. The one bit that threw me was cashback bonuses are seen as deposits.

What i did was copy it all into excel.

Calculate Deposits+cashback bonus-withdrawals - closing balance.
    Filter out the above 4 from the excel and sum the turnover column and two amounts should match.

Above assumes not opening balance

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

I have a query regarding Mintos and 'missing funds'. There is a thread on a german forum about this issue so I decided to do some calculations myself.

I currently have all my funds invested. I presumed if I took all my deposits, deducted my withdrawals and included my profit, it should equal or be close to my total invested funds. But I have a difference of a few hundred euro. Am I missing a value from my calculation, or more worryingly, am I 'missing funds'?

Mine is OK.

Theirs a comment (I'm guessing you seen) in the "recent news" "A trendsetting financial institution in Kosovo, Monego, has launched on Mintos" calling this a Tengo bug, I'm guessing Mintos will reply to it on Monday.

I didn't read the german Thread. I have used Tengo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 colm!_!

I've just recently been looking into p2p. What's the best website/company to use. Also how much initial investment does one need.

Thanks

colm!_! wrote: »
    I've just recently been looking into p2p. What's the best website/company to use. Also how much initial investment does one need.

Thanks

This thread has many good ones linted in it. Investing in reading this full thread would be well worth the time.

Most platforms have 10€ minimum, but the irish one has 50€ min.

• Advertisement

Perfect cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

I took the plunge and deposited a small amount in Mintos yesterday having lurked here for a while
    I set up Auto Invest and half my deposit was invested
    I edited my Auto Invest and no further investment has been made despite it showing a significant amount of loans available that meet the criteria
    Anyone experience this?
    Perhaps it just takes time to work through the system...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

I have been using mintos for last few year and Robo cash since this time last year. I have now added grupeer so i can spread the money across different sites.

Do you have the diversification setting enabled on the auto-invest profile? This can have unexpected results. You can disable this feature, or edit the diversification settings manually. I have it disabled myself.
    Wegian wrote: »
    I took the plunge and deposited a small amount in Mintos yesterday having lurked here for a while
    I set up Auto Invest and half my deposit was invested
    I edited my Auto Invest and no further investment has been made despite it showing a significant amount of loans available that meet the criteria
    Anyone experience this?
    Perhaps it just takes time to work through the system...

I think most people reading this thread would probably recommend Mintos as your first p2p platform. There are plenty of others mentioned in the thread that I would also recommend. See my signature for a short list of other p2p platforms, there are plenty of others. Also look at the Irish p2p platforms like linkedfinance, flender etc..

Always remember that 2p2 is high risk and only invest what you can afford to lose.

Thanks

Thanks ProjectMoose.

Also, are there any originators I should go for or avoid

Not an easy one to answer to be honest.

Mintos have their own rating system and there are a few other third party sites that try to rate the originators. For example explorep2p.com have their own ratings page (mintos-lender-ratings/), updated only yesterday too. You will notice that some loan originators have very different ratings when you compare the two.

If you want to see how the whole platform works, investments, repayments, interest payments, late payments, finished investments etc, I suggest you try some of the short terms loans. Anything from a few days to 30 days. You will quickly see your profile updated with various figures.

Stick to loans with buyback guarantee for now. Make sure you have a read about the 'buyback guarantee', what is it worth if the loan originator goes belly up etc. (example Eurocent - google it) Remember most p2p platforms are unregulated but there are changes in the works within the EU anyway.

Other posters can jump in and lend their advice.
    Thanks ProjectMoose.

Also, are there any originators I should go for or avoid

ProjectMoose.

Nice one Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

Thanks Moose, I’ll try that

Edit: I have tried it and it worked almost immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 40 P2PBanking.com

I have a query regarding Mintos and 'missing funds'. There is a thread on a german forum about this issue so I decided to do some calculations myself.

I currently have all my funds invested. I presumed if I took all my deposits, deducted my withdrawals and included my profit, it should equal or be close to my total invested funds. But I have a difference of a few hundred euro. Am I missing a value from my calculation, or more worryingly, am I 'missing funds'?

Same issuer was reported by some users on my German forum. There was a technical issue. Apparently it has been fixed meanwhile. If your problem still persists it is worth contacting Mintos support.

Hi there, Thanks for the input. I'll take a look at my figures in the morning.

May I ask if you are one of authors or contributors from P2P-Banking.com ?
    Same issuer was reported by some users on my German forum. There was a technical issue. Apparently it has been fixed meanwhile. If your problem still persists it is worth contacting Mintos support.

• Advertisement

May I ask if you are one of authors or contributors from P2P-Banking.com ?

Yes, I am. I would have taken "P2P-Banking.com" as a user name, but the board software would not let me.

By way of introduction: I publish P2P-Banking.com and P2P-Kredite.com (german) since 2007. Since the same time I am investing on p2p lending marketplaces. I am diversified over about 15 marketplaces, but most are only small positions to gain first hand experience. My largest portfolios at the moment are at Mintos, Linked Finance, Bondora, Ratesetter (AUS), Estateguru, Fellow Finance and Iuvo.
    You can read more details on my blog(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Yes, I am. I would have taken "P2P-Banking.com" as a user name, but the board software would not let me.

By way of introduction: I publish P2P-Banking.com and P2P-Kredite.com (german) since 2007. Since the same time I am investing on p2p lending marketplaces. I am diversified over about 15 marketplaces, but most are only small positions to gain first hand experience. My largest portfolios at the moment are at Mintos, Linked Finance, Bondora, Ratesetter (AUS), Estateguru, Fellow Finance and Iuvo.
    You can read more details on my blog(s).

I have been reading your Website for some time now. Thanks for all the interesting information on P2P, especially Loan Volumes :)

Have about 1/3 of my entire investment portfolio now in P2P (Its more profitable than any thing else I do, but I am backing out slowly, due to fears it might just be too good to be true).

What if any risks do you see coming down the line for P2P lenders? Global recession leading to job losses and larger than expected numbers of loan defaults? or maybe problems with a major P2P portal leading to a chaotic exit by investors de-stabilizing the whole market ? (like we have seen in China)

Obviously a recession will impact returns. The question is how much. And everybody has been saying that recession is right around the corner -- since about 3-4 years now.
    The nearest comparable long term stats that can be used as an indicator is the return the credit card caompanies made on credit card debts. For the US and UK that data is available for several decades. And even recessions were profitable times for these companies.

My gut feeling is that a recession would impact platforms for property and SME loans harder than platforms for consumer loans.

I don't see the risk of widespread platform failures (like in China). But the failure of single platforms is a common occurance and to be expected. Examples in the past were Boober, Fairrates, Trustbuddy, Comunitae, Unilend, Bankless Life, ... just to name a few.

Concerning moving out. I exited Lendy last autumn, have much reduced Moneything and not adding anymore tow Ablrate. Thereby moved out of 2 of the 3 UK platform I used, mainly because I think that Brexit might add more negative factors then positive chances for their outcome. But I think the big three in UK: Zopa, Ratesetter and Funding Circle won't be much impacted by brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Obviously a recession will impact returns. The question is how much. And everybody has been saying that recession is right around the corner -- since about 3-4 years now.
    The nearest comparable long term stats that can be used as an indicator is the return the credit card caompanies made on credit card debts. For the US and UK that data is available for several decades. And even recessions were profitable times for these companies.

My gut feeling is that a recession would impact platforms for property and SME loans harder than platforms for consumer loans.

I don't see the risk of widespread platform failures (like in China). But the failure of single platforms is a common occurance and to be expected. Examples in the past were Boober, Fairrates, Trustbuddy, Comunitae, Unilend, Bankless Life, ... just to name a few.

Concerning moving out. I exited Lendy last autumn, have much reduced Moneything and not adding anymore tow Ablrate. Thereby moved out of 2 of the 3 UK platform I used, mainly because I think that Brexit might add more negative factors then positive chances for their outcome. But I think the big three in UK: Zopa, Ratesetter and Funding Circle won't be much impacted by brexit.
    Mintos are taking a bit of a battering in their own news comments section lately and no response from them...

I see people firing money into these platforms and the only thing they are checking is how high the interest rate is, one of the big (ish) ones hasn't released any figures for 3 years, they just stopped.

Another big (ish) one, lots of you use on here, again no figures and only thing I can find on the parent is, it is (or was) on the tax avoidance register in Latvia.

I can find reasons not to go near most of the sites, so I don't.

Maybe I just don't know how to find this info?? I've asked on here and elsewhere to no response so I'm guessing no one on here checks at all?? WTF like?

eFfmdb3.jpg

Maybe P2PBanking.com theirs a job for you, an article on the most recent financials on all of these platforms?

vargoo wrote: »
    Maybe P2P-Banking.com theirs a job for you, an article on the most recent financials on all of these platforms?

Thanks for the job offer. Quite a tedious work prospect.
    If you are looking for discussion analysis of the (missing) annual reports of the individual Mintos loan originators there is quite a bit of that going on on the German Mintos forum at P2P-Kredite.com

To sum it up, there are some originators which supply detailed reports, some that have not filed for a while and some where no reports are available. There is also discussion about the losses some of these originators make.

A quick snapshot of the last few weeks:

PeerBerry - my auto-invest is acting up. I am seeing cash drag when there are plenty of loans available that match my auto-invest portfolio settings. Lot of loan availability, mostly short term 11% 2day to 30 days loans. There are 11.5 and 12% loans available every few days. There are longer term 12.4% 2 year loans available too.

Swaper - I continue to be fully invested, which is a nice change.

TWINO - A little cash drag lately. There appears to be plenty of loan availability early sat morning.

Viventor - no cash drag at all. Plenty of loan availability with rates 8% to 14%.

Grupeer - no cash drag in recent weeks. Nice to see a significant increase in loan availability. Loans available with rates 11% to 14%, terms 8 months to 12 months.

Lenndy - no cash drag but a very large volume of my 'First Finance' loans are 31-60 days late.

Robocash - no cash drag, although rates have been reduced to 12%. Plenty of loan availability it seems.

ViaInvest - a little cash drag. I am seeing a shortage in installment and short term loans. Lots of credit line loans available with viainvest borrower ratings 9.7/8 of 10.

FastInvest - no cash drag whatsoever. Plenty of loan availability. My auto-invest is picking up 13.5% EUR 6+month loans lately, although there can be 15% loans available from time to time.

Mintos - still the leader of the pack. approx. 330k loans available. Their website really needs work though, it has become very slow at times. Random login errors and sections of the website disappearing with no information as to why or when the sections will be back. I do understand that they are seeing a significant increase in users but that is no excuse in my mind. Support is excellent as always but expect to wait a couple of days for a response.

Envestio - only about 10 near loans in Jan and most loans are another tier of an already existing loan. I see a number of my short terms loans were paid back recently too with no issues or delays. Rates have dropped to 15-17% on average, they were significantly higher not so long ago (21+%).

EstateGuru - as mentioned previously, one of my loans is now in default and the bailiff is involved. Will keep and eye on this one.

I expect to increase my p2p portfolio in the next few weeks. Most likely Mintos, Viventor and ViaInvest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chris2000

currently on Mintos and find it really good. Always large amount of loans to choose from and website is pretty good - albeit a little slow.

anyone have a large amount in Mintos - do they give any special treatment or breaks to their larger investors?

There is said to be "Pro-Investor" status if you have invested more than 50K. I don't have that. here is what mintos officially says about that status:
    https://www.mintos.com/en/pro-investor/

To save some of you having to follow the link, here's a summary of the pro-investor on Mintos:

- A pro-investor must have (or had) 50k invested
    - A personal investment account manager (? not sure why you would want or need this?)
    - Limited edition offers
    - Early access to new features
    - Custom made reports
    - Top priority customer support

About sums it up.

Is anyone willing or able to give us a review of pro-investor status benefits. Is it worth it? Don't' be shy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

The Pro Investor option wouldnt entice you to go for it would it now !

I had the same cash drag with Peer Berry but it seems to be resolved now.

All others are fully invested.

Envestio is slow but ive as much as I want in it, agree that the super rates seems to have eased back a bit.

Still cutting back on Fast invest just slowly reducing my exposure there until we find out a bit more about them.

Had two missed payments with Linked Finance , both flagged straight away and both resolved within a week so very happy with that .

Tidied up my autoinvest on Mintos based on the updated lenders report that Project Moose flagged (thanks for that moose)

Overall happy enough with my lot.

Just need to work on the Mintos Pro status now ! Do we get a badge if we reach it ?

Advertisement