Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2P Lending

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Shelflife wrote: »
    Do explain please.

Their are companies who will protect you from DDOS attacks for a fee.

Don't pay the fee and well, expect to get DDOS attacks.....Cough cough from the same company you didn't pay cough.......

It was really blatant in one European country in particular about 18 months ago, all the top sites falling 1 after the other....all signed up with the one company after.

Create your own demand and then fix it for a monthly fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pnecilcaser

Anyone planning a trip to Riga for the P2P Conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Thinking about it :)

I presume it would be tax deductible !

Emailed the organisers and they said that most of the main speakers would be in English with a few of the other speakers in German.

They also gave me a code to get 20% off the cost of the tickets and if anyone wants it they can PM me, im sure it will work for more than just one.

Could be interesting, I will prob try to tie in the Mintos open day on the Thursday as well, makes sense to do that.

Seems to be a growing market and it might well be worth spending a few € to learn a bit more as well as taking in a few days in Latvia.

Below is my Mintos refer a friend bonus reference.

www.mintos.com/en/l/ref/QCY5CN

Emailed the organisers and they said that most of the main speakers would be in English with a few of the other speakers in German.

They also gave me a code to get 20% off the cost of the tickets and if anyone wants it they can PM me, im sure it will work for more than just one.

Could be interesting, I will prob try to tie in the Mintos open day on the Thursday as well, makes sense to do that.

Seems to be a growing market and it might well be worth spending a few € to learn a bit more as well as taking in a few days in Latvia.

Below is my Mintos refer a friend bonus reference.

www.mintos.com/en/l/ref/QCY5CN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Mintos confirmed it was due to performance issues and they are working on optimizing that functionality.
    Yup, it has been removed a number of times due to performance issues. I would imagine it's the same issue again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 P2PBanking.com

Anyone planning a trip to Riga for the P2P Conference?

I'll be there. Happy to chat. If you want a 40% rebate sign up here:
    https://www.p2p-banking.com/meet-events/

I've a couple of questions if anyone can find out the answers.

I would like to know if any of the P2P platforms we discuss here plan to do an IPO ?

Also, nab Mintos and ask what are they doing about the performance issues on the site?

Thanks

I would like to know if any of the P2P platforms we discuss here plan to do an IPO ?Thanks

Funding Circle und Fellow Finance did IPOs

Also, I have written here how I invested into shares (equity) of p2p lending startups
    https://www.p2p-banking.com/countries/uk-how-to-invest-into-equity-of-p2p-lending-marketplaces/
    I did this with Landbay shares years ago and was able to sell some of the shares at 1100% profit this year on the secondary market. I still hold onto most, though.

@ProjectMoose, if you are interested in this you should signup soon, as a large UK p2p lending platform will run it's third funding round there soon. And getting the account verified might need a day or two.

• Advertisement

Did anyone else get this email from Mintos?

--

Hello,

Unfortunately, at this moment we cannot accept investors from the United Kingdom. We are in the process of obtaining necessary permissions to offer our service to investors from the UK. When all legal and regulatory permissions are obtained, we will be happy to welcome new investors from the UK on Mintos.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
    Aleksandra Cepulska

Affiliate Marketing Manager

--

I emailed them back to ask why they sent that to me (I live in Ireland obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nope nothing here, is your account with Revolut or another UK based SEPA ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Nothing here either. Speaking of Mintos, I have noticed rates have pushed higher again. Good to see.

They ignored that question on their site about the 5 million they raised during the year and no sign of it on their end of year financial share breakdown.

They ignore everything now really...

Not good.

Response time has been very slow lately. I sent in a number queries about 2-3 weeks ago and only received a response yesterday. It has been like that a while now.

I see they responded about the 5million btw.

Response time has been very slow lately. I sent in a number queries about 2-3 weeks ago and only received a response yesterday. It has been like that a while now.

I see they responded about the 5million btw.

Oh, will check later!

Over a week, had given up.....

I did a comprhensive writeup on my p2p lending portfolio (composition, yield, strategy)
    Enjoy
    https://www.p2p-banking.com/countries/uk-review-my-p2p-lending-portfolio-may-2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

Could any Mintos users here please help me out?

I am a new user on the Mintos platform.

I have just made my first deposit.

I have also tried to set up an auto-invest strategy. Everything seemed to be OK and the webpage says that over 230000 loans meet my criteria. The stratagy is also showing up as active in my list.

However, it is not making any investments.

If over 230000 loans match the criteria of my auto-invest strategy then should investments not be made into these loans automatically?

Or am I doing something wrong?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Autoinvest on Mintos no longer runs instantly these days (due to performance problems), but rather periodically very few hours. You need to wait up to 24h.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

Autoinvest on Mintos no longer runs instantly these days (due to performance problems), but rather periodically very few hours. You need to wait up to 24h.

Ah, I see.
    Thank you.

• Advertisement

Mintos - I see Dinero (C+ rating) added 17% EUR short term loans (with buyback) yesterday. I guesstimate about 3,750 loans currently available.

What happens if you have say a 5 year loan with an originator on a platform...say mintos and Mintos ceased to exist tomorrow?

The Mintos administrator takes over I believe. I'm sure I saw a similar question in their FAQ?
    vargoo wrote: »
    What happens if you have say a 5 year loan with an originator on a platform...say mintos and Mintos ceased to exist tomorrow?

Supercell wrote: »
    Nope nothing here, is your account with Revolut or another UK based SEPA ?

No neither of those apply to me, I emailed them back to ask why I got that email but they have not responded yet. Wait and see I guess. Thanks for getting back to me thought.

Another new cash back campaign on Mintos. Kredo (rating C+) 2% cash back on all loans 13 months or longer. Further details here. 13% seems to be the best rate right now with Kredo loans.

On Mintos, I decided to try to earn a few extra euro after reading a p2p blog article.

I enrolled in the Kredo cash back campaign, bought up a few loans that match the cash back criteria (> 13 months term loans). I then put them up for sale straight away. Surprisingly, they all sold relatively quickly. Same again this morning. It's only a extra few euro at the end of the day (2% of my Kredo investments). Interest nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭flycd

On Mintos, I decided to try to earn a few extra euro after reading a p2p blog article.

I enrolled in the Kredo cash back campaign, bought up a few loans that match the cash back criteria (> 13 months term loans). I then put them up for sale straight away. Surprisingly, they all sold relatively quickly. Same again this morning. It's only a extra few euro at the end of the day (2% of my Kredo investments). Interest nonetheless.

What discount are you giving when selling, if any? Testing the waters myself with a 21 month loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I noticed my Auto Invest will pick up Late loans. Anybody know if there a way to exclude Late loans ?

Loans were for Varks 30 day loans. Which had just passed their 30 days term without being paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 panoramix

in the Filter settings of your auto invest policy, select Status = Current

• Advertisement

I did not give any discount. Although checking this morning, only 3 of 8 loans are sold from the last batch. Serves me right for chancing my arm :D. There are no Kredo loans available (>= 13 month term) on the primary market at the moment.

I'll give it another day or two, then i guess I'll discount them a bit. Perhaps 0.5% or something like that.

I got rid of my Simbo and CreamFinance loans too, due to the uncertainty around p2p legislation in Denmark. More on that here.
    flycd wrote: »
    What discount are you giving when selling, if any? Testing the waters myself with a 21 month loan.

Advertisement