Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2P Lending

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Lending volumes are out for Feb.

https://www.p2p-banking.com/countries/germany-international-p2p-lending-volumes-february-2019/

as predicted Twino had a bad month. -31% compared to last month.

I know some of you guys are invested with Peerberry & Swaper .....they also had bad months. Feb is a short Month etc. etc. but those small operations can't afford to be contracting when operating off such a small volume to begin with....you would imagine they should be doing double digit growth per month.

My only P2P investment now is with Mintos who are still charging ahead.....but even there I have lowered my investment. I just get the feeling things are getting more challenging for P2P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

From my reading, a lot of investors are/were getting totally fed up with cash drag and have removed their funds. Swaper was particular poor in this regard and there were times where I had over 50% of my funds not invested. When there are so many other p2p platforms with similar or better returns and with good availability of loans, it is understandable investors move their funds to other platforms.

I had mentioned it a few times myself and was contemplating removing my funds from Swaper. However things do appear to be changing. There has been plenty of loan availability in the last few weeks. On checking this morning, I see over 20 pages of loans available on Swaper. To put that into perspective, since joining Swaper (many months ago), I do not believe I have ever seen loans available under the manual investment page.

Grupeer is now 'Grupeer Limited' and has moved its registration and base to Ireland. They have also added two new loan originators. There is also a cashback offer of 1% on these loans.

Hi there, all p2p platforms are very high risk, I would include estateguru in my comment. I have not tried October, previously known as Lendix (their website is currently offline btw). I try to stick with p2p platforms that have a 'buyback' facility, for what it's worth. However I dipped my toe into EstateGuru to test a platform without any buyback. I currently have 1 of 8 loans in default, the other 7 are current with repayments.

I am not an expert but I try to post up any information I believe might help others. Other posters here provide great information and feedback, so I keep an eye on any new posts. For example, there was a post regarding TWINO (thanks littlevillage) and after a little additional research, I decided to act and removed all funds from TWINO. Collectively, i hope we can help each other maximise our returns.
    tesla38 wrote: »
    Hi,
    thank you ProjectMoose for all information provided.
    Quick question;estateguru looks risky,do you agree?
    did you try October?
    i want to like it but return is not great and loans looks more risky than they want to present it.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Lending volumes are out for Feb.

https://www.p2p-banking.com/countries/germany-international-p2p-lending-volumes-february-2019/

as predicted Twino had a bad month. -31% compared to last month.

I know some of you guys are invested with Peerberry & Swaper .....they also had bad months. Feb is a short Month etc. etc. but those small operations can't afford to be contracting when operating off such a small volume to begin with....you would imagine they should be doing double digit growth per month.

My only P2P investment now is with Mintos who are still charging ahead.....but even there I have lowered my investment. I just get the feeling things are getting more challenging for P2P.

No robocash on that list?

• Advertisement

Explore P2P have done a best lenders on Viventor like they have done with Mintos

Pointless without financials on Viventor itself or Finstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Going through some of the stats on Mintos on my account and noticed that I have 34% of my investment with Lutecredit.

Maybe ive not set up my autoinvest properly but thats too much in one company for me.

Ive taken them out of my auto invest for the time being until it goes down to a more acceptable level.

Shelflife wrote: »
    Going through some of the stats on Mintos on my account and noticed that I have 34% of my investment with Lutecredit.

Maybe ive not set up my autoinvest properly but thats too much in one company for me.

Ive taken them out of my auto invest for the time being until it goes down to a more acceptable level.

The diversification setting thing with the graph doesn't work right.

Lute is one of the better ones at least, making money but is in some countries that wouldn't be top of people's lists and it only takes trouble refinancing a bond to bring company down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭scheister

Shelflife wrote: »

Think with Mintos one lender can take alot of your money depending on how you auto invest is set up
    I have 25% in one lender 21% in a second and 9 lenders sharing the balance.

From look of my account Cashwagan has taken a lot of my money recently so have to ensure they do not get to big. My money is all 12% 6 month max at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Hey,

Ive been reading up on p2p lending and have a question regarding initial input: if someone had say a grand spare would the offer for p2p lending be accepted or are they swallowed up by lenders with significantly larger amounts available?.

• Advertisement

You can invest in a lot of p2p platforms with as little as €10, e.g. Mintos. Auto invest portfolios have settings for min/max investment per loan, excluding loans that you have invested in (so you only invest in new loans) etc.

My understanding is that most p2p platforms use a round robin approach, so you have as much a chance of investing in a particular loan as a larger investor.

Keep an eye on the 'diversification settings' if you invest in Mintos. It doesn't always work as expected. I have it disabled as I find it useless.
    Hey,

Ive been reading up on p2p lending and have a question regarding initial input: if someone had say a grand spare would the offer for p2p lending be accepted or are they swallowed up by lenders with significantly larger amounts available?.

FastInvest are updating their platform interface tomorrow. The website will be offline until 14th Mar 3pm.
    I presume this is the new interface that Jorgen had seen when he visited their offices.

DoFinance has introduced a promotional higher rate of 11%, "in order to promote Alfa Finance group issued loans in Indonesia". Minimum investment period is 6 months. Buyback guarantee includes the accrued interest.

I had pulled all my funds out of DoFinance a few months ago after they dropped their rates significantly (from 12-14% to 5-9%). You would have to wonder if they are hurting after the rate drop and the fact you can get better returns on a number of p2p platforms. I might dip my toes in again with a small amount.

DoFinance is a subsidiary of the Alfa Finance Group. DoFinance was established in 2016. 2017 Financial results for Alfa Finance Group can be found here (Deloitte).

Interesting read on p2pindependentforum.com (link). The chap sold ~ € 1 million on the Mintos secondary market within 72 hours. 75% sold within 24hours. That is pretty impressive. A serious amount of cash to have invested in p2p though.

Edit: Here's the direct link to hist forum post link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Interesting read on p2pindependentforum.com (link). The chap sold ~ € 1 million on the Mintos secondary market within 72 hours. 75% sold within 24hours. That is pretty impressive. A serious amount of cash to have invested in p2p though.

Wow, thats so much easier than I would have believed possibe.
    Costing just 0.26% to release €1M in just over 48hours.
    It's a story that could help me start investing in the longer than the 30day term loans I am currently comfortable with, but there is no mentioning how wide any of the terms where in his portfolio. If his whole portfolio was made up with 30day loans, then the story would be less impressive.

Maybe the 0.5 discounts had to be given for the longest term loans he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pnecilcaser

That unbelievable - firstly who has a million to "experiment" with and secondly is he single?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

Interesting development for Mintos (sanitize_url('

I am currently in two minds on something and ye lovely people may be able to help

Currently i have about €600 in both Robo.Cash and Mintos (both max 30 day loans) and €30 in gruber (only opening the account last few weeks)

I am moving bank at the moment so I am looking at the savings for my deposit and wondering about upping my investment in the above to 1k in each and putting the rest in my new savings account. I will not be buying until next summer so other then the above 3 hitting the wall I dont think i should have any issues.

secondly is he single?

Ugh

I presume you mean grupeer (gruber?). I am not quite sure what question you are asking?

P2P is very high risk but your last comment seems to suggest you know this and you're happy with the risk that you could lose your investment.
    scheister wrote: »
    I am currently in two minds on something and ye lovely people may be able to help

Currently i have about €600 in both Robo.Cash and Mintos (both max 30 day loans) and €30 in gruber (only opening the account last few weeks)

I am moving bank at the moment so I am looking at the savings for my deposit and wondering about upping my investment in the above to 1k in each and putting the rest in my new savings account. I will not be buying until next summer so other then the above 3 hitting the wall I dont think i should have any issues.

• Advertisement

I presume you mean grupeer (gruber?). I am not quite sure what question you are asking?

P2P is very high risk but your last comment seems to suggest you know this and you're happy with the risk that you could lose your investment.

Yea i mean grupeer. spelling never was my strong point.

You have pointed out the risk which i am aware of.

Think my question is am i mad in thinking of going down that line. Assuming an rate of 12% on P2P the returns are 5.76% for P2P and 2.11% for the bank.

Any investor giving you advice should tell you diversify. I am probably a little over invested in p2p at the moment, it is hard not to be giving the returns. Diversify and keep a little spread across various investments.

On another note, I see RoboCash are on the move from Latvia to Croatia. The email states it is to allow them to 'expand activities'. I see a post elsewhere speculating that they may be moving due to new latvian regulations being finalised? Does anyone have any further information?

A had quick review of my p2p investments this weekend and I am happy to report that I am fully invested across all platforms.

I received an update from EstateGuru on the 29/Mar, the defaulted Pringi business loans have been fully repaid with partial interest. I am very happy with the outcome. it means I still have zero defaults. I will re-invest the funds in another loan on the same platform. A minor gripe, the transactions page under 'account' appears to be sorted in some random order, which I find strange. You can sort it but you would imagine it would be automatically sorted by transaction date.

Thought I would share the last six months of Mintos earnings. 6 month average is ~13%. Nov I had a small deposit from the Refer a friend bonus. I wasn't bothered taking the figure out of my calculations. But you can see it bumped the return in Nov.

Edit: I'll post an updated list in a new post

Thought I would share the last six months of Mintos earnings. 6 month average is ~13%. Nov I had a small deposit from the Refer a friend bonus. I wasn't bothered taking the figure out of my calculations. But you can see it bumped the return in Nov.

Oct18 :: 13.6%
    Nov18 :: 14.6%
    Dec18 :: 12.0%
    Jan19 :: 11.9%
    Feb19 :: 12.0%
    Mar19 :: 12.5%

Secondary market long term or just all the riskier primary market?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,114 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Im at 11.7% myself for the last 6 mths on average.

Im actually bringing it down intentionally by investing in mortgage, business and invoice finance loans with a lower return, found that all my loans were sleither personal or short term, so diversifying manually, if i get in ahead of the auto-invest

A mix of both but good long term loans on the secondary market are hard to get. Purchasing more of the riskier loans but I keep an eye on the stats page (% current loans) to see how those riskier loan originators are doing with their payments. The page is updated regularly.
    vargoo wrote: »
    Secondary market long term or just all the riskier primary market?

Just to keep my results together, I'll create a new post. Finding it hard to get the time to pull the results, so will add as I can.

As I have already stated in a previous post, the calculations are approximate but give an accurate enough picture of my returns for each platform.

Mintos:

201810 :: 13.6%
    201811 :: 14.6%
    201812 :: 12.0%
    201901 :: 11.9%
    201902 :: 12.0%
    201903 :: 12.5%

Grupeer:

201810 :: 15.1%
    201811 :: 14.6%
    201812 :: 13.0%
    201901 :: 14.7%
    201902 :: 14.5%
    201903 :: 13.6%

Swaper:

201810 :: 15.4%
    201811 :: 15.4%
    201812 :: 12.5%
    201901 :: 13.9%
    201902 :: 12.7%
    201903 :: 13.9%

ViaInvest:

201810 :: 9.5%
    201811 :: 9.8%
    201812 :: 10.6%
    201901 :: 9.6%
    201902 :: 11.0%
    201903 :: 11.7%

Lenndy:

201810 :: 10.0%
    201811 :: 9.5%
    201812 :: 11.4%
    201901 :: 13.6%
    201902 :: 7.8%
    201903 :: 12.6%

Viventor:

201810 :: 8.6%
    201811 :: 16.1%
    201812 :: 12.1%
    201901 :: 13.5%
    201902 :: 8.5%
    201903 :: 11.1%

* A significant amount of 'late payments' on Viventor. In fact late payments make up 30-40% of the monthly return.

Has anyone started using Bondster (.com)? Czech fintech startup. I will sign up and take a look. Returns up to 13.5% with buyback sound promising.

Edit: They appear to be using a service platform from a Dublin based startup called Leveris.
    Leveris appear to have had investment from Enterprise Ireland.

Edit 2: Sign up was very straight forward. No issues. I used a referral from p2phero.com for 1% cashback. Take a look on the p2phero.com site if you wish to use his referral, or PM if you want mine. I have transferred a small sum to get started.

Currently over 600 loans available, mix of CZK, EUR, Real Estate and Biz loans. Terms from 7 days to 23 months. Rates from 3.9% to 13.50%. They have a number of loan originators, including LIME. Which some of you might know form Mintos. Buyback is 30-60 days.
    There was a 1% annual fee, which is still detailed on the website. However on reading another blog this fee was removed for EUR investments. I've reached out to their support for clarification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 watwag

Hi projectmoose and all,

I've been reading through this thread and doing some research and am going to take the plunge on p2p with a few k.

My thoughts were dividing my capital evenly between 4-5 of what appear to be best performing platforms and then setting autobid or platform equivalent to a low threshold.

Would your approach be similar? Or do you feel it is best to go in strong on one of the better performing platforms in order to maximise returns? I'm not hugely risk averse on this but with gains not differing hugely amongst some platforms seems to make sense to diversify across multiple platforms?

Cheers

Advertisement