Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2P Lending

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Open up an account with Swaper 2 days later still nothing invested.

Doesnt seem to be anything there at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I am seeing about 10% not invested on Swaper.What are your Auto Invest settings? I had read a blog previously that stated having multiple portfolios helped but Swaper support told me the opposite. So now I only have one auto invest portfolio.

Mintos currently have a large number of EUR, 13%, short term(<30 days) loans available via the higher risk loan originators if anyone is interested.

Still no new loans on Grupeer.

I threw a few quid into Robocash and it was invested straight away. Nice to see plenty of new loans available again.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭bunderoon

A bit off topic, but I sent 100euro via SEPA from PSTB to my Mintos account on the 19th. No sign of it over at Mintos.

Any idea on the normal waiting time for this to hit the Mintos account?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

1 day at most, contact them with any reference numbers you see on the transfer or a screenshot of the transaction.

As bohsman said. One to two days max. PTSB are known to "cut" their reference field. I've had similar issues in the past with PTSB. It's most likely sitting in Mintos account and they don't know which investor account to credit. Send them an email and open24 screensnip of your IBAN and the date and approx time of the transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭littlevillage

From BoI it can take 2-3 days to show up in my Mintos Account. Depends on what time of the day the transfer is initiated etc.

Thank you for contacting Grupeer Support team.

The offer of these loan deal is not enough for all of our customers. We are actively working on placing new amazing investment opportunities on our platform. It is expected that in following days there will be available more loans on our platform.

Copy and paste email. I received the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Thanks guys. I have sent them an email with the details.
    Probably Monday before I hear back.

Thanks again.

Fyi, I had a similar problems with a few other P2P platforms, not just Mintos.
    My first transfer wouldn't show on my account and I had to contact support to get my account credited. Any subsequent transfer was very quick.

• Advertisement

In other Mintos news - Trustly transfers are only free for the first 90 days after registration. No mention of it anywhere on the website.

todocrowdlending.com does their own analysis and ratings of p2p platforms. Might be worth a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,064 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Mintos offering 0% commission on currency conversions to RUB & KZT between Nov 26th - 30th.
    Not sure that interests me due to the volatility of those currencies, although the rates are higher, and the commission will be there when transferring back to EUR

So here is where I am after throwing myself in at the deep end.

% %
    Platform Portfolio Drag

Linked 15 8
    Mintos 19 5
    Grupeer 4 100
    Peerberry 25 0
    Robocash 13 0
    Fast Inv 13 0
    Swaper 1 73
    Envestio 2 80
    Viventio 8 0

Drag mainly on the initial investment.

Looking for a safe place to earn some interest for money that was wasting away in the bank so my return may not match some of you high flyers out there.

Linked was my entry to all this, I like the platform and its layout, its interesting and simple to use. would prefer to vet the loans more than you can but yu can set up your autobid to reflect what you want.

Mintos is a funny one lots of bells and whistles, takes a bit of work to get the best out of it. Liquidity is good but it seems that the autoinvest needs a shake every now and them to get the best out of it.

Grupeer I like it, simple and effective until the loans completely dried up

Peerberry Far and away the best for me, great liquidity, good returns and a simple easy to use platform

Robocash again a straightforward platform to use, good liquidity and decent returns

Fast Invest Straightforward, good returns good liquidity

Swaper Disaster , really dont like it, poor liquidity, finicky auto invest expected so much better from it.

Viventor Seemed to take a couple of days to get going but then filled my portfolio pretty quick, not as straightforward as others but not too bad

Envestio Totally different with very exciting interest rates, but not one to risk too much money, could be a very interesting site and worth watching imo.

Overall ive hoped that Ive spread my investments wisely. Most of the loans are in the €25-€50 bracket with Linked and Envestio averaging about €200 per loan.

Happy to answer any questions and open to constructive criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭The Haven

This thread is a goldmine of information on p2p lending.
    I am thinking of starting to invest in this.

I'll probably start with Minto, Robocash, but I'll research more before investing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

After a disastrous foray into crypto last year I think I'll dip my toes into this, quite a lot of great posts here, thank you to all.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

I was sent a message recently to be wary of Envestio and FastInvest. I only have small amounts invested with these two, so happy to leave what I have invested already. Both relatively new entrants to the p2p market. FastInvest is involved in p2p and crypto. Envestio has some of the highest returns I've seen 20+%. So yeah... keep an eye on these two.

EstateGuru, one of my very first investments with EstateGuru is now in default. A bailiff has been brought in to move things along. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

I was sent a message recently to be wary of Envestio and FastInvest. I only have small amounts invested with these two, so happy to leave what I have invested already. Both relatively new entrants to the p2p market. FastInvest is involved in p2p and crypto. Envestio has some of the highest returns I've seen 20+%. So yeah... keep an eye on these two.

EstateGuru, one of my very first investments with EstateGuru is now in default. A bailiff has been brought in to move things along. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.
    They're dodgy as hell the lot of them... unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

zpehtsfd wrote: »

Reminds me of crypto and bitcoin price crashing as the Chinese started a clampdown on that there too. It does concern me that most of these psp lenders seem to be based out of eastern european countries, dont know why but makes me wonder if regulation is lighter there or something?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pnecilcaser

vargoo wrote: »
    They're dodgy as hell the lot of them... unfortunately.

Can you give us more details on the message you received warning you off Envestio? Was it coming from a reliable source that would have some insights? I have a very small amount (just under 500) invested with them and I did think the 20% returns were too good to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Can you give us more details on the message you received warning you off Envestio? Was it coming from a reliable source that would have some insights? I have a very small amount (just under 500) invested with them and I did think the 20% returns were too good to be true

Clara Sparse Windbreak not me, but he'll see it anyway.

They're not that good really, if use shorter terms, lower %. invest all returns back in, works out sameish(no?), they're all the same.

Ho long do Mintos deposits usually take to appear?,used the Trustly thing yesterday and the money is gone from my account but balance is still 0 in Mintos this morning.

They did not expand further, other than to be wary of the two I mentioned. It came from someone who is heavily invested in p2p and who I have been in contact with since I started my p2p journey. :) I would have no reason to doubt them.

As I mentioned, I have funds invested in both platforms. While I'll not be investing any additional funds (for now), I will leave what I have invested. I should add, I do like the FastInvest interface. It's one of the better p2p platforms in that sense.

As others have mentioned, diversify! Invest across multiple platforms and minimise your risk of one going belly up. For example, if I was starting with e500, I would split it across five platforms.

Edit: There's a thread on p2pindependentforum.com discussing FastInvest. link

Cheers Projectmoose, I’ve turned off my autoinvest with Fast invest and will reduce my exposure there.

It’s good to get any info in relation to these sites.

Only have a small investment in Envestio, with returns of 20% on offer it could be an interesting ride with them 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭flycd

There’s a better offer on Mintos than refer a friend with higher returns.

It’s called the affiliate program. Special
    Link needed to enter Mintos site. (See below)

1% back during the first 30,60,90 days (instead of 0.75%)
    And there doesn’t seem to be any limit to the cash back reward given.
    Also no expiry date For registration.

Here are the details:
    The reward will be calculated based on your average daily invested balance over a 3-month period - 30, 60, and 90 days after the registration date - and paid to your Mintos Investor Account in three instalments within 30 days after each calculation period.

And here is the link to register for first time users to Mintos:

https://c.trackmytarget.com/g47b69

PM if you need further details.

Typically how long does auto invest take to fill for you on Mintos?
    I made three custom invest profiles two on the primary market , and one on the secondary. All with buy-backs and all with investment amounts of 10 -15 € , non in property and all at rates of around 10.5 - 11.5% minimum interest.
    I've read online about people with average returns of 12 or 13% but currently I'm one third filled on my test profiles and with an average interest rate of around 11%.
    Anyone care to share a profile that's working out for them or make suggestions?

Leaving out the risk side of any loan originator, I presume you're including all loan originators. i.e. originators that actually have 13% loans, which very few do. At the moment I see 13% Dinero EUR buyback, short term 30 day loans available.

I have a number of portfolios. Example primary portfolio:
    1. 15+%
    2. 14+%
    3. 13+%
    etc.

All other criteria are common. EUR, buyback, short term, current. Make sure you have the higher rate portfolios set with a maximum per loan set as high as you are comfortable with. I have mine set up to 500 EUR per loan. But I am comfortable with that risk.
    Added advantage of breaking out by rate, you can quickly see the volume by rate loans you're getting.

Give it a try. If there are loans available, it'll be invested within a few minutes. Otherwise give it a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Supercell wrote: »
    Typically how long does auto invest take to fill for you on Mintos?
    I made three custom invest profiles two on the primary market , and one on the secondary. All with buy-backs and all with investment amounts of 10 -15 € , non in property and all at rates of around 10.5 - 11.5% minimum interest.
    I've read online about people with average returns of 12 or 13% but currently I'm one third filled on my test profiles and with an average interest rate of around 11%.
    Anyone care to share a profile that's working out for them or make suggestions?

Loan rates have been falling recently on Mintos. If you want buyback gaurantee and reasonably respectable Loan Originators, you'll have to settle for around 11%

• Advertisement

The Mintos auto- invest is for me anyway hard to fathom, by all accounts I should be fully invested yet I have to do it manually for small amounts to tidy up and reduce drag.

It seems to me that Peerberry and Mintos are the only gigs in town from a liquidity point of view, Vivantor is ok , seems to come in bursts.

Fast Invest is good as well but comes with a warning.

Thinking of putting some more in with Peerberry but worried about putting too much in one platform. It does seem to be one of the higher rated platforms though.

Advertisement