Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭deep1

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Yes it looks like that... Its saying expirey date 9th aug- is this midnight on the Thursday 9th or midnight on the Wednesday 8th any one know?

Cheers all for the help!

I thought you said last question :) ( joking)
    It is always exclusive so midnight on 8th, also keep in mind app takes long time to refresh mins once the offer is expired ie might still show mins etc but in fact offer won’t be there.
    So if it says inactive , top-up!

I don’t even mind topping up day earlier as I was paying €60 for exactly same deal on bill pay not long ago.

Feel free to ask any questions, always happy to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

AFAIK (open to correction) if it says 9th August expiry then it's midnight on the 9th. That's up to midnight on Thursday. Turn off data before midnight on Thursday and top up on Friday 10th before turning data on again.
    That requires a method of topping up that doesn't use mobile data.
    To be absolutely certain, check it on Wednesday 8th and again on Thursday 9th.
    Unless it's changed, Vodafone's quoted expiry date is included.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    AFAIK (open to correction) if it says 9th August expiry then it's midnight on the 9th. That's up to midnight on Thursday. Turn off data before midnight on Thursday and top up on Friday 10th before turning data on again.

This is what I thought too intially, but if you text “bal” to “50233” then it should say the date until and exclusive, for him should be (exclusive) until 09-08-2018 etc.

Also what I noticed bill pay date is inclusive and payg is exclusive but as it is my first time ever on payg so could be wrong too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭corks finest

Right... Just after topping up by 20...
    Last questions....promise :D
    • When will i need to top up again, Any time before the 10th August is it?
    • Also
    • So i've added the 20... if i only buy the 100 mins for 5 euro will i still have the free texts and 15gb data?
    simples

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

deep1 wrote: »
    I thought you said last question :) ( joking)
    It is always exclusive so midnight on 8th, also keep in mind app takes long time to refresh mins once the offer is expired ie might still show mins etc but in fact offer won’t be there.
    So if it says inactive , top-up!

I don’t even mind topping up day earlier as I was paying €60 for exactly same deal on bill pay not long ago.

Feel free to ask any questions, always happy to help!

Morning.... I'm back!
    So topped up by 20, bought 100 mins for 5 euro, but cant see the data and text offer on my account....
    Is this normal?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Hi
    Was with vf bill pay. Now with 48months but data is crap.
    So I ring the number listed - to get SIM ordered.
    Could I use my old vf SIM?
    And then top up by €20 a month with add-ons? Correct

...but cant see the data and text offer on my account....

Text BAL to 50233, it should give a summary of all balances in returned text

Morning.... I'm back!
    So topped up by 20, bought 100 mins for 5 euro, but cant see the data and text offer on my account....
    Is this normal?

Seems like your offer is not active and you topped it up earlier, it takes 3/4 days to offer get activated, once you see student offer then you top up

karltimber wrote: »
    Hi
    Was with vf bill pay. Now with 48months but data is crap.
    So I ring the number listed - to get SIM ordered.
    And then top up by €20 a month with add-ons? Correct

You will need new sim sent by them, you get 1st month free, 20€ will Give you 15 gb data and unlimited text and use 20€ as you wish on add-on.

...So I ring the number listed - to get SIM ordered.

No, they send out a new SIM, when you receive it they will port your number and set it up. That might take a day or two so they have been giving credit/mins/data to bridge the gap. Don't top up because the first month might still be free.

• Advertisement

Thanks. If I am in the middle of a 48months 30 day contract - can vf port me over ? Will 48m kill the contract for me if I contact them

Thanks. If I am in the middle of a 48months 30 day contract - can vf port me over ? Will 48m kill the contract for me if I contact them

You will need your account number for that to port over, VF will port you over no issue, just tell them you finished contract. 48 might charge you for full month though.

Isn't 48 all pay as you go and paid in advance?

In that case you just lose the remaining balances with 48.

Isn't 48 all pay as you go and paid in advance?

In that case you just lose the remaining balances with 48.

Yes. So be it.
    Just onto vf - SIM on way :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭leex

I now have 4 numbers ported to the Data user plan. Some of the users are "light" internet users only so a 20euro top-up every 28 days may be unnecessary as the 20euro credit can be used after the initial 28 days to purchase many data add-ons (28 days apart). Is there a definite answer to how long you can wait without topping up before you lose this plan?

You can't lose the plan for any specific non top up interval other than the general condition of top up every six months that applies to every Vodafone PAYG plan. Even then you have another 2 months before the number is cut off.

Unless Vodafone have said otherwise on the sales call or it says otherwise in online terms for the plan but there doesn't seem to be any online terms & conditions for Data User Plan

To lose the plan would mean Vodafone changing you to another plan and it's extremely unlikely they could do that without your consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yes, I was also told even if they discontinue this plan as we are on it we would get to stay on it for at least 4 years.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I do exactly the same thing. Turn off data just before midnight (making sure to set an alarm to remind me!) and top up just after midnight to get the offer for 29 days.

As you say, the expiry date shown in My Vodafone and when you text BAL to 50233 is the last day that your plan is active. It is deactivated at midnight that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Quackster wrote: »
    I do exactly the same thing. Turn off data just before midnight (making sure to set an alarm to remind me!) and top up just after midnight to get the offer for 29 days.

As you say, the expiry date shown in My Vodafone and when you text BAL to 50233 is the last day that your plan is active. It is deactivated at midnight that night.

Why turn off data, is it because you are not on WiFi at home?

I just set a reminder for 7am on the morning after the expiry and top-up before leaving the house, job done. I have not seen any charges between midnight to 7am as phone is essentially inactive and running on WiFi.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Why turn off data, is it because you are not on WiFi at home?

I just set a reminder for 7am on the morning after the expiry and top-up before leaving the house, job done. I have not seen any charges between midnight to 7am as phone is essentially inactive and running on WiFi.

I wouldn't trust my phone not to disconnect from the WiFi during the night, simple as that. Why take the risk?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

FYI I signed up last week and was ported the next day. I topped up by €20 and got the 100 minute of calls from my credit. But I didn't receive the allocations for a few hours and credit started being removed as I used data. I rang up (1800 595595) and complained about that and was given 200 minutes / 200 mb / 200 texts. After a few more hours I got my allocation.

For some reason now I got €45 credit after topping up by €20 and using €5 for 200 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭bromley52

groom wrote: »
    FYI I signed up last week and was ported the next day. I topped up by €20 and got the 100 minute of calls from my credit. But I didn't receive the allocations for a few hours and credit started being removed as I used data. I rang up (1800 595595) and complained about that and was given 200 minutes / 200 mb / 200 texts. After a few more hours I got my allocation.

For some reason now I got €45 credit after topping up by €20 and using €5 for 200 minutes

When you register you automatically get €10. As part of the offer you get the 1st month free (€20) and you topped up (€20) which you prob shouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

using €5 for 200 minutes

How did you do that?? €5 for 200 mins??:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I don't need to purchase the credit every month of the year as I have free usage of a business phone.

If I stop buying the €20 monthly will I lose the offer for good or would it be automatically reactivated once I ever purchase the €20 credit?

Anyone know? :)

A few times I accumulated more than €30 and bought the Red Add on for the month, and was able to go back afterwards, so yes, automatically go back unless you change your plan

using €5 for 200 minutes

How did you do that?? €5 for 200 mins??:confused::confused::confused:
    100 minutes

Hi
    Got my SIM today
    Just install to activate ?
    Why the posts about Wi-Fi and post midnight top ups.
    If I forget to top up & use data- what happens ?
    So I do need to top up by €20 this week ?

Anything else to do etc for a first user ?
    Thanks

Hi
    Got my SIM today

Thanks
    Activate itself,you'll get e20 credit free,within a few days,ring them for done credit until then

Hi
    Got my SIM today

Thanks
    Activate itself,you'll get e20 credit free,within a few days,ring them for sone credit until then,then download the my VF app

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Anyone able to get the Spotify Premium 5 euro add on working? Live chat tells me it's not available for PAYG customers, but I think someone here was able to choose it.

Edit: couldn't do it via the app. Had to go onto their website while on mobile and was able to subscribe to it. A bit concerning the VF chat agent was adamant that PAYG customers can't subscribe to Spotify Premium.

• Advertisement

matzen wrote: »
    Anyone able to get the Spotify Premium 5 euro add on working? Live chat tells me it's not available for PAYG customers, but I think someone here was able to choose it.

Edit: couldn't do it via the app. Had to go onto their website while on mobile and was able to subscribe to it. A bit concerning the VF chat agent was adamant that PAYG customers can't subscribe to Spotify Premium.
    Bull****, contact live chat they'll send it to u

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement