Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Rob2D wrote: »
    They do. I've been testing it a bit today and the enemy spawns are a joke.

And I'll say it again, the AI is way too randomly aggressive considering we have no heal now. One sneaks behind you or a simple rush can insta-kill. It's like 1.3 shotguns all over again.

It also leads to all firefights being incredibly tedious. You can't move from the spot for fear of your armour bar and if things go bad you also can't retreat because you can't heal on the way.

I got killed, respawned at a safe room, walked outside and into a random group of true sons on the street. I was just about able to dive before I got gunned down AGAIN. At least in Div1 you could pop a med kit and make it to cover. You have no chance now. Death is random now and I hate it.

Shocked they let it out the door like this.

I think you're being a tad over dramatic. Shocked they let it out the door like this? you make it sound like they've released a half finished game when the general consensus is that this is the most complete and best playing a looter shooter has ever been at launch.

I'm level 12 and have found the enemy AI great, much smarter and makes me think about how I use my skills. I have died a lot, but it certainly hasn't been random, it's been due to me not paying attention to my surroundings or using my skills correctly. Once I started getting creative with turret placement or using my drone more effectively to narrow down flanking angles I haven't died near as much. Play around with your skills, there is likely something there that can mitigate the frustrations you're experiencing. Moving from spot to spot (which you say isn't possible) as I use my turret to provide cover has been my main survival tactic.

I'm not trying to say your opinion is invalid, but implying that they've released a broken game pretty much just cause it's a bit harder and open world encounters now require more thought seems like you're throwing the toys out of the pram a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Rob2D wrote: »
    They do. I've been testing it a bit today and the enemy spawns are a joke.

And I'll say it again, the AI is way too randomly aggressive considering we have no heal now. One sneaks behind you or a simple rush can insta-kill. It's like 1.3 shotguns all over again.

It also leads to all firefights being incredibly tedious. You can't move from the spot for fear of your armour bar and if things go bad you also can't retreat because you can't heal on the way.

I got killed, respawned at a safe room, walked outside and into a random group of true sons on the street. I was just about able to dive before I got gunned down AGAIN. At least in Div1 you could pop a med kit and make it to cover. You have no chance now. Death is random now and I hate it.

Shocked they let it out the door like this.

I was getting frustrated with it last night now. Was trying to complete a side mission at level 5 with Amadablam from here who was level 6 and there was definitely a couple of times that those melee guys just seemed to pop out of nowhere. Was also getting shot through a wall around the same time so that wasn't helping. It was an absolute slog to get it done. Got to a control point then and cleared first wave and next group spawned right near us so that was the end of that, you should be able to get to cover if a random spawn scuppers you cos random deaths are zero craic.

I'm enjoying it for the most part but I'm not clear on how the scaling works with groups or how others are finding it but I find the missions much more difficult with 2 or more people. Obviously the enemies are scaling up but it seems its overcompensating or something. There was 3 of us a few nights back and we must have wiped 3 times trying to complete a side mission.

Had my first experience of bad weather in it last night and, given the fact that heals are so slow and you can pretty much get 1-2 shotted by melee dudes I found it a bit of a nightmare. Had been keeping my distance with a sniper rifle until level until that point but visibility was too low.

I am enjoying it but for me, the fact that 3 relatively experienced players have to crawl through side missions and wipe 3 or 4 times points to there being something off with the scaling in groups. Don't want the game to be a cakewalk, just to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

PS4 clan has been set up, look for Boards IE

Was going to put up a suggestion we call ourselves - Fair City Spar Staff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Group scaling was badly broken in both betas, difficulty was through the roof in a full group and according to many streamers was unplayable and totally broken, most settled on 2 man groups.
    I was sure this would be fixed for release , is it?
    I havent got much time to play myself yet so cant comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

skerry wrote: »
    I was getting frustrated with it last night now. Was trying to complete a side mission at level 5 with Adamablam from here who was level 6 and there was definitely a couple of times that those melee guys just seemed to pop out of nowhere. Was also getting shot through a wall around the same time so that wasn't helping. It was an absolute slog to get it done. Got to a control point then and cleared first wave and next group spawned right near us so that was the end of that, you should be able to get to cover if a random spawn scuppers you cos random deaths are zero craic.

I'm enjoying it for the most part but I'm not clear on how the scaling works with groups or how others are finding it but I find the missions much more difficult with 2 or more people. Obviously the enemies are scaling up but it seems its overcompensating or something. There was 3 of us a few nights back and we must have wiped 3 times trying to complete a side mission.

Had my first experience of bad weather in it last night and, given the fact that heals are so slow and you can pretty much get 1-2 shotted by melee dudes I found it a bit of a nightmare. Had been keeping my distance with a sniper rifle until level until that point but visibility was too low.

I am enjoying it but for me, the fact that 3 relatively experienced players have to crawl through side missions and wipe 3 or 4 times points to there being something off with the scaling in groups. Don't want the game to be a cakewalk, just to be fair.

The scaling does some off, definitely agree. The TTK with anything more than 2 players is horrible. I've been playing mostly solo so due to it, it goes from feeling improved over the division to an absolute sponge fest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

goon_magee wrote: »
    The scaling does some off, definitely agree. The TTK with anything more than 2 players is horrible. I've been playing mostly solo so due to it, it goes from feeling improved over the division to an absolute sponge fest.

Its a pain in the ar$e at the moment cos it takes the enjoyment out of co-op in a game that should be at its best in that mode.

It gives you all these skills and weapons to let you approach situations with different tactics and play styles but it doesn't mean sh!t if you end up hiding for the whole mission trying to pick enemies off with sniper rifles for fear of getting one-shotted or randomly mobbed by melee enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

nix wrote: »

What skills did everybody pick up? I went with the chem launcher for the healing, but it doesnt do much, so might pick up a turret or drone or maybe just swap to damage on the chem launcher..

And i also picked up Seeker mines and got cluster straight away, found that fairly useful in Div1..

at level 19 now, and i've tried a few different combinations, the shadetech mods are broken i think, (requires way more tech than you can have at low levels to function) You can equip it on your shield/drone/turret etc..but it doesnt seem to do anything, guessing the techreq is bugged/broke.

Anyway, The Assault Drone (bog standard one)is by far the best, followed by turret and or firefly, depending on your playstyle. I tend to wait around for opportunities while the drone and turret are battering things to death.

if ye didnt already know, if ye hold down the skilldeploy button (E+Q on pc)while a skill is deployed, it removes whatever it is and shortens the cooldown a little. handy for misplacements and short fights.

Got my first highend weapon last night, too bad it was a pistol :D loving the LMG's though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PS4 clan has been set up, look for Boards IE

Nice one Eoin.
    Was going to put up a suggestion we call ourselves - Fair City Spar Staff.

Now now, we know you love both Fair City and Spar (Especially their sausage rolls), but no need to be foisting that on the rest of us.

A while ago, a few of us from the Destiny clan set up a Division Discord Server, so as not to pollute the Destiny Server for those not interested in the game. There was only a handful of us and it's been sitting idle for a while. Would there be any interest in making use of it now with Div2, with mutable channels for each platform? Might make grouping up a little easier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Preloading

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Was playing last night in a 4 man group, I thought the difficulty was fine. No more or less than single player.

Twas great crack though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

A while ago, a few of us from the Destiny clan set up a Division Discord Server, so as not to pollute the Destiny Server for those not interested in the game. There was only a handful of us and it's been sitting idle for a while. Would there be any interest in making use of it now with Div2, with mutable channels for each platform? Might make grouping up a little easier.

I think using the Discord server is a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I think using the Discord server is a good idea

Agree 100%, Definitely think Discord is the way to go at the moment. Wonder how many of us are playing on each platform at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Pretty Good Video from Marco about DPS for Endgame.

Theres a excel sheet download in the description with a dps calculator on it.

Very handy if you ,like me are mystified about endgame builds..

amadablam wrote: »
    Agree 100%, Definitely think Discord is the way to go at the moment. Wonder how many of us are playing on each platform at the moment

You could probably include the link to the discord in the clan profile so that when you join the clan, you can join the discord too.

You could probably include the link to the discord in the clan profile so that when you join the clan, you can join the discord too.

I can send the Discord invite link to those who wish to join. Haven't had much traction here yet so I haven't pushed it. For those who do want the link, just send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ai definitely went back to school to learn a few things. Can it be extremely frustrating and did it made say: ahhh, feck off now" - yes. Do I still like it - oh God big yes.
    It's a shame a lot of people treat leveling part of looter shooters as "annoying part". I personally love it in Division. Games, it's part of the game and really well done.
    I am only level 9, but I pick and choose my fights. It's very easy to die and AI will keep you on your toes. Love it.

I will say it though: those assholes with long range granade launchers have a special place in hell!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will be getting stuck into this at 11pm tonight. Looking forward to giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can send the Discord invite link to those who wish to join. Haven't had much traction here yet so I haven't pushed it. For those who do want the link, just send me a PM.

I don't use discord, so on PS4 if I'm in a clan game, will ye all be chatting on a different service through yer laptop or phone app or will it still come through in game or psn party chat?

Is this the Anthem killer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I don't use discord, so on PS4 if I'm in a clan game, will ye all be chatting on a different service through yer laptop or phone app or will it still come through in game or psn party chat?

Discord will only come through discord, unless they're using in game comms also, but then they will just have double voice comm sounds so id doubt they will :(

Anthem was a still born :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Different game I'd say but similar.

Anthem is more about attacking everything head on where as Division is more slow and steady. Take up a good point and work your may through a room/building.

Seems to be plenty to do right off the bat and Massive seem to have a good roadmap laid out.

There's no integration between discord and PS. Discord would only be used for arranging groups. Once ingame all chat would be done there through ingame or party chat.

I'm only proposing Discord use as we use it with Destiny on PS4, and had a seperate one set up for Div1. It's sitting there idle so I'm just trying to gauge interest levels for it across the 3 platforms. If it doesn't take off, no harm no foul.

I'm not adminning the PS4 clan in game so I'm not going down the route here of even suggesting Discord only or whatnot. If people want to keep lfging here on Boards, or within their group of friends already, that's fine. As I said, just trying to gauge interest on something thats set up but sitting idle.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Different game I'd say but similar.

Anthem is more about attacking everything head on where as Division is more slow and steady. Take up a good point and work your may through a room/building.

Seems to be plenty to do right off the bat and Massive seem to have a good roadmap laid out.

I still think it's going to suck the life out of the Anthem player base. It's still a live services looter shooter ultimately but looks like Ubisoft fixed most of the issues from the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I still think it's going to suck the life out of the Anthem player base. It's still a live services looter shooter ultimately but looks like Ubisoft fixed most of the issues from the first game.

I think a lot of people have moved on from Anthem after the last patch ruined drop rates. I got it free with my 2060 and played a small bit of it but hadn't gone back as I started Borderlands 2 again. I enjoyed what I played but probably won't go back until the drops are fixed.

Ubi look to have started Division 2 where the first one left off. A big mistake that Bungie didn't follow with Destiny 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There's no integration between discord and PS. Discord would only be used for arranging groups. Once ingame all chat would be done there through ingame or party chat.

I'm only proposing Discord use as we use it with Destiny on PS4, and had a seperate one set up for Div1. It's sitting there idle so I'm just trying to gauge interest levels for it across the 3 platforms. If it doesn't take off, no harm no foul.

I'm not adminning the PS4 clan in game so I'm not going down the route here of even suggesting Discord only or whatnot. If people want to keep lfging here on Boards, or within their group of friends already, that's fine. As I said, just trying to gauge interest on something thats set up but sitting idle.

Ah ok, I'll jump on that, usually there a psn message group setup to find players at certain times, whatever makes it easier to join fellow boadsies online.

Ah ok, I'll jump on that, usually there a psn message group setup to find players at certain times, whatever makes it easier to join fellow boadsies online.

Exactly, if the three different platforms want to go they're seperate ways for communication thats fine. If PS group prefer to keep a message group going, cool. I send you the Link in a PM now.

Exactly, if the three different platforms want to go they're seperate ways for communication thats fine. If PS group prefer to keep a message group going, cool. I send you the Link in a PM now.

Hopefully ubisoft release a companion app to manage clans. I can set up a playstation group chat if necessary but I think Discord should be sufficient

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Coyler

It wouldn't hurt. The official Division discord servers are pretty good for just pugs but having a core group that is concentrated by region is not too bad an idea.

Edit: replying to a very old post. Age is getting to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Coyler

Oh and for what's it's worth, AMD (more likely the vendors) have slashed their Vega cards. These include Division 2, DMC5 and Resi 2 for free as well. I'm pulling the trigger on a Vega 56 over the weekend so I'll be a few days behind the lot of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Coyler wrote: »
    Edit: replying to a very old post. Age is getting to me.

Where have you been? Division 3 beta is here already! :pac:

c0f7f6b6d0f69072a64651bb5387d442.gif

Advertisement