Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the chem launcher heals allies but it's not clear if it heals you. Something else does that as well. The drones seems kinda weak too, at least at the beginning.
    I'm already feeling I may have misspent my first perk point. went with the additional med pack but now thinking I should have gone with xp bonuses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ok purchased gold, all installed and im ready to KILL EVERYTHING! :mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Any PS4 boards clan setup yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

It may be common knowledge, but anyone looking to maximize XP gains from side quests should leave these as long as possible as the xp rewards scale with your level, whereas with main missions the rewards are pre determined and static no matter your level.

I can't remember if this was a thing in TD1, so thought might be worth a post. Might be useful for those entirely new to the series anyway and save some unnecessary grinding later down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭Glebee

Hmmm, finger hovering over the buy button again :pac: ye nearly have me convinced :pac:

Fcuk that early access crap, im waiting until Friday. Plus if I buy it now Ill get no work done for the rest of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

goon_magee wrote: »
    It may be common knowledge, but anyone looking to maximize XP gains from side quests should leave these as long as possible as the xp rewards scale with your level, whereas with main missions the rewards are pre determined and static no matter your level.

I can't remember if this was a thing in TD1, so thought might be worth a post. Might be useful for those entirely new to the series anyway and save some unnecessary grinding later down the line.

Was wondering this myself last night as regards to small collectibles dotted around the map like recordings and such. I know in Div1 once you got to level 30 you could mop up all these little bits and get some decent XP off them to get you up through the world tiers handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

Guys has there been a clan set up for boardsies on PS4?
    If not, im online now I can try to set 1 up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I wouldn't get obsessive over the collectibles. There's a lot of them and some are very well hidden. You'll inevitably miss some and need to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

For perks, I've gone with the Headshot XP Bonus thing. Then i'll go for the dismantle bonus one and when lvl 30 go for the cache drop bonus. Inbetween those, I'm unsure. Ability wise, first two up where the Attack Drone and Seeker Mine. Next maybe Heal mine thing.

Collectibles I'll wait till after the campaign, same with Side mission stuff. Though I'm not as sure when it comes to the SHD Tech ones. Might clear them out as I go, due to so much tech being required for the perk upgrades the deeper you go into each one.

I'm not sure it's wise to hold off on the side missions, some of these seem to provide useful unlocks that will be helpful early on.

I'm so tired it hurts. God damn you Tom Clancy.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm not sure it's wise to hold off on the side missions, some of these seem to provide useful unlocks that will be helpful early on.

I'm so tired it hurts. God damn you Tom Clancy.

That was my concern as well. To be honest even though I posted the advice, I am just playing what I want when I want. The end game isn't going anywhere and when the 0-30 experience is this well thought bout and enjoyable I don't want my playthrough to be dictated by speed running the campaign to get to the content that I'm going to spend months and months playing anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

gimli2112 wrote: »

Why would you do it anyway? What does it matter if you get the XP now or later? Of course XP scales with your level, otherwise leveling wouldn't work right. If you leave the XP until later to get "max XP gains", you're still just getting the same amount at the end of the day as the guy who was getting a bit all along. Shur it all has to add up to 30 in the end.

these-cows-are-small-but-the-ones-out-there-are-far-away.jpg

goon_magee wrote: »
    That was my concern as well. To be honest even though I posted the advice, I am just playing what I want when I want. The end game isn't going anywhere and when the 0-30 experience is this well thought bout and enjoyable I don't want my playthrough to be dictated by speed running the campaign to get to the content that I'm going to spend months and months playing anyway.

I'm not concerned about speeding through the campaign to get to World Tier stuff. I have a Love/Hate relationship with these type of open world(ish) collectathon / side mission stuff. I usually start off clearing every sector as I go, only to get bored of it half way through so I end up concentrating on Campaign stuff only till end.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

4 crashes now in about 3 hours gametime for me, beta was the same. Playing on PC.

Dcully wrote: »
    4 crashes now in about 3 hours gametime for me, beta was the same. Playing on PC.

Console master race???
    giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c8924b14f784b4f41b59b4f

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Read on Reddit that if you hold off on the side mission until your are above lv20, that way you get the best bang for your buck.....must be some logic to it. You should be able to get to Lv20 easy enough and then blast your way through the earlier side missions. Its the last 10 levels that require the most xp. Might give it a go this evening and see if its slowing me down leveling up.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Dcully wrote: »

If you're running DX12, swap to 11. It's the main cause of issues at the moment.
    12 is offering better FPS, but the crashes are killing me.

On a side note, if running 12 you can try disable all in game overlays first and see if that fixes it. Seems to be a mix of the two so disable any UPLAY overlay, discord, geforce experience, depending on your GPU maybe MSI afterburner or EVGA Precision X etc...

I found it easier to take the FPS hit and just use 11 though. Hopefully they release a fix for it soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Console master race???
    giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c8924b14f784b4f41b59b4f

I still prefer my 144fps ultra settings 1440 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I played Div 1 all the way to level 30 by myself so glad to hear its possible again. Only time I teamed up was occasional dark zone hunts and incursions/challenging dailies cos I'm and unsociable old git :D

How do we unlock mods for the skills? I don't mean the further variants, but the actual mods themselves. I've read that they're loot drops but not seeing anything to back that up in game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I started watching Marco's review but turned it off fairly quick. He said the story wasn't anything special but admitted he skipped a lot of cutscenes and watched them back later on YouTube for the review. He really needs to give the division a break. Turned it off then as my hype is full choo choo and he was killing my vibe :)

yeah I used to like Marco's videos, very informative but he sucks the joy out of everything now

skill mods stuff
    You can unlock Skills in The Division 2 with Skill Points. These are awarded through story progression, allowing you to unlock new Skills as you progress through the Main Missions. Continue to progress through the game until your Agent reaches level 10.
    Once you are level 10, there are two ways you can obtain Skill Mods. You can visit various Vendors, such as the one in The Theater, and purchase Skill Mods directly from the shop. These are restricted based on the Skills you have available, more are unlocked as you unlock more Skills.

Lastly, also when you reach level 10, you are able to find Skill Mods as random items from enemy drops, boss fights and chests. Check the “Gear” icon section of your inventory to look at all your Skill Mods.

Cheers gimli, that was super helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I started watching Marco's review but turned it off fairly quick. He said the story wasn't anything special but admitted he skipped a lot of cutscenes and watched them back later on YouTube for the review. He really needs to give the division a break. Turned it off then as my hype is full choo choo and he was killing my vibe :)

"There's a special place in hell for players who skip cutscenes" - Donald Tusk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Played a decent bit of first Division but my gawd have they upped the difficulty for Div 2. Enemies are super aggressive and I could swear those ballbags with the rods materialise out of thin air at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PS4 clan has been set up, look for Boards IE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Up to level 10 now so time enough to form an opinion methinks.
    TL;DR enjoying it overall and trying to get Mrs Creed into it aswell.

Pros:
    As expected it looks fantastic and runs quite well for the fidelity levels.
    Audio design is also fantastic.
    Combat is much better, the AI has been vastly improved and even a small group of reds can cause you some trouble if you get flanked (which they are VERY good at). There are much more enjoyable combat opportunities in the open world with various pop-up capture and hold mission types.
    I've had zero crashes.

Cons:
    The lack of civilians outside of enclaves really reduces immersion for me. I get that things have moved on, people are under siege etc. but that sense of life in NY in Div-1 helped my role-playing side actually see what he was fighting for. I miss hearing 'has anyone has any booze' and similar as I wander. Washington is a much lonelier experience. Good in that it helps the darker deeper-apocalypse intent I think but like I said so far I couldn't give a damn about the residents that are left, partly because of the next point.
    Everything to do with Dialogue is just awful. The scripting is clumsy, with one or two exceptions the voice acting is just terrible, ranging from amateur soap-star to last picked for the primary school play. These combine to ensure again I don't really care about the characters or the story they are trying to tell in the process. Additionally the random cues in the various settlements are terribly implemented, characters constantly badger you with often nonsensical soundbytes 'Look, it's that agent' when I'm the only damn person in the room and you've been calling me over in one way or another every 10 seconds but you aren't actually an interactable character...fk..off. I liked the characters in Div-1, they had personality (sometimes annoying but unique and well presented). Here they're just poorly implemented cardboard plot devices.
    Cover and rolling feels a little gluey, e.g. rolling away from cover has you move off, then lurch towards cover again before rolling away properly. Combined with the grenade spam forcing you to move in the first place this is extremely annoying.

A bit of Column A and a bit of Column B:
    Difficulty - overall I like that it's tougher on solo than Div-1, and that it's more down to improved AI than bullet-sponginess but some of the casual open world encounters are nuts. Trying to take a point that ends up with 3 waves including Elites, or supply drops with 4+ waves coming from all sides. It's exhilerating which is great but sometimes just ridiculously hard depending on the spawns.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

skerry wrote: »
    Played a decent bit of first Division but my gawd have they upped the difficulty for Div 2. Enemies are super aggressive and I could swear those ballbags with the rods materialise out of thin air at times.

They do. I've been testing it a bit today and the enemy spawns are a joke.

And I'll say it again, the AI is way too randomly aggressive considering we have no heal now. One sneaks behind you or a simple rush can insta-kill. It's like 1.3 shotguns all over again.

It also leads to all firefights being incredibly tedious. You can't move from the spot for fear of your armour bar and if things go bad you also can't retreat because you can't heal on the way.

I got killed, respawned at a safe room, walked outside and into a random group of true sons on the street. I was just about able to dive before I got gunned down AGAIN. At least in Div1 you could pop a med kit and make it to cover. You have no chance now. Death is random now and I hate it.

Shocked they let it out the door like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

There are heals, just hold V (pc), theres also the crappy healing launcher skill :confused:

I'm enjoying the difficulty spike, keeps you on your toes, instead of just face rolling to end game.

I also get the odd screen jerk, not sure if its my rig or just lag, i threw everything on low for the time being, the game still looks great, so might just leave it that way :pac:

What skills did everybody pick up? I went with the chem launcher for the healing, but it doesnt do much, so might pick up a turret or drone or maybe just swap to damage on the chem launcher..

And i also picked up Seeker mines and got cluster straight away, found that fairly useful in Div1..

• Advertisement

I went with the drone, simply because I'd heard it was op. Used the bomber one in the beta and it was awful. This one is fairly good in that it helps if the enemy is trying to flank you and stays up a good while. Very poor range and long cool down but happy enough. The other was seeker mines which I've found even more useful. Decent damage and will take out a regular enemy no problem Short cool down too.

I heard the healing chem gun was good, pulse was garbage and heard turret was good. I think a lot of these things will seem under powered until you level them up...somehow

On the difficulty I'm only level 5 but haven't found it too bad solo. Been killed twice and both times it's been my fault, despite me blaming everything else

Advertisement