Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

goon_magee wrote: »
    There is actually extra playable content with the year 1 pass - 8 assignments, extra bounties and extra projects.

Yeah but I'm trying to convince myself (and everyone else) the standard edition will be just fine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

nix wrote: »
    Did anybody get the free game advertised with the pre order?

Watch dogs 2, far cry primal, ghost recon..

Cant decide...

Cant decide which version to get either

Can decide if ill even get the game

Since when did buying a game become so complicated? :o

Wildlands is very good but the complete opposite of Division.

It does have the most satisfying TWOP sound from a suppressed sniper rifle. If you play it in COOP you will enjoy it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Why the hell would I want op weapon at the start in looter game...

So you can feel like a god :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

nix wrote: »
    Did anybody get the free game advertised with the pre order?

Watch dogs 2, far cry primal, ghost recon..

Cant decide...

Cant decide which version to get either

Can decide if ill even get the game

Since when did buying a game become so complicated? :o

Is this just for pre orders through the Ubisoft store?

Edit: nevermind. Just googled and looks like it's for PC orders

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I got so much crap in my stash, not sure if it's from shields or the ultimate edition. Seem to have 4 exotic weapons. I somehow turned one from a decent AR into a terrible semi auto and can't work out how to change it back. Shaking the controller hasn't worked.
    It's overwhelming at the beginning. Went with the seeker mines even though I didn't use them much in the first, except on specific builds. As ever the character select section was breezed through but my character looks pretty cool, if nothing like me in real life.
    Lots of looting white items so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah but I'm trying to convince myself (and everyone else) the standard edition will be just fine :(

Whoops, what I mean to say then is there is no playable content and there is no point in buying it whatsoever :P

goon_magee wrote: »
    Whoops, what I mean to say then is there is no playable content and there is no point in buying it whatsoever :P

I also heard that EA get a portion of the money from gold/ultimate editing for some unexplainable reason :)

Any of ye gowls playing tonight? I might throw on Div 1 for a bit of survival later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

What a game, improves on everything from the first one.
    Never played the patched TD1 but played it a lot first few weeks of release

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Just did a small bit of browsing on twitch and some dude at GS390 or something....jeeze

Must have been playing solid for the last 2 days

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

Anyone interested in teaming up tonight on PS4?
    My username is Gamer7746
    Ive been playing solo and its just not the same :( any help would be great!

• Advertisement

Devs making fun of flat Earthers. Bravo agents.

iR0k7Rg.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Are there any rooftop sniping places? Didn’t find any in the beta, I did most of my killing from above in Div 1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Anyone interested in teaming up tonight on PS4?
    My username is Gamer7746
    Ive been playing solo and its just not the same :( any help would be great!

Can you play with randoms through match making ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Can you play with randoms through match making ?

Yes every now and again it will pop up "X has called for help" press tab or console equivalent and in socal you will see X has called for reinforcements and you can join X.

Its very well done, you can jump in help and leave or stay etc:

You can also turn that off, this is out in the world and its reasonably seamless.

So matchmaking is Opt IN, you can also look for help by default and also turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

overall impression at level 9: An improvement on the original, though i miss the winter weather a lot more than i thought i would. Runs well, was expecting bugs and stuff but aside from a long first-time load up (5minutes after preload install) it's been running decently. Less story to it than the original(so far), enjoyable enemies, weapons and environment. Annoying inventory, same as the first.

Really though, it's the most decent AAA i've played this year so far. It actually feels like a AAA.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Curious, I just got some premium credits for finishing a normal storyline mission. I wonder how repeatable that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Played a bit more tonight. Got to level 7 and really loving it. I forgot how unforgiving Division can be!! I died so many times today!
    Took my time and just cleaned up Theater first zone. Pretty sure took over all control points. Still not sure what benefits are from them after you capturing them and looting main room. I sow that some of them running lower on supplies. If devs expect me grind recourses and then run to these points one by one to resupply, then feck that.
    Tomorrow hopefully I will start next zone and do second story mission. Took a bit too long in first zone. :D

got up at 3 am to play, found my first public execution, faffing around and the guy got executed, I may have shot him myself. Now I'm in a funk

knew I shouldn't have played this, in work and all I'm thinking about is the fight to retake Washington. 3 quality of life tips I'm going to implement when I get home
    - in the options you can change it so your character won't automatically wraparound when you get to the edge of cover, you need to press a button. No more popping out into a maelstrom.
    - change the cooldown display for skills so it counts down in seconds
    - rather than junking loot you can go to the projects npc and donate all junk. I've been selling/thrashing it for pittance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Got up to about Lv4 myself last night and only getting into it, man is there is a pile of stuff to be doing which is good. Those control points can be tough alright wiped out in a couple before I managed to hold one. Good enough loot also when you do.

Think I made a couple of errors in the skills I picked that little drone that blinds NPC's (supposedly :confused:) and I picked the drone that is supposed to block bullets both crap....as well its early game and I wanted to see if they work and try something different than seeker mines.

What is your gear upgrading strategy are ye using the gear branding to unlock the added bonuses? I tried it last night and got a set of 3 but I then decided that I wont bother looking for sets this early in the game since I will be upgrading every 2 minutes. My tactic at this stage is if it has higher armour then it goes on and scrap the rest. When I'm closer to lv30 or after I will start the grinding and upgrading of the gear sets.

One thing I did notice last night SMG's are quite good...but hey I'm at lv4 and there is a lot left. Missues away tonight so I am going to put some serious hours into it this evening.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

there's no way I'm looking at character builds at present, just picking up higher ranked stuff as I move along
    that's end game mentality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Any sign of Aaron Keener?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Yes every now and again it will pop up "X has called for help" press tab or console equivalent and in socal you will see X has called for reinforcements and you can join X.

Its very well done, you can jump in help and leave or stay etc:

You can also turn that off, this is out in the world and its reasonably seamless.

So matchmaking is Opt IN, you can also look for help by default and also turn it off.

I actully ended up doing this quite a bit last night and it was good enough! I kinda feel that people rush the missions though but anyway played till 3am and loving it.
    Ive only done 3 main missions and a few side missions think I finished up on lv 8.
    Theres so much to do in it! :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it playable on your own? I found the division very hard playing on my own at times?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

def playable on your own, in fact may be easier, i played though to level 9 on my own, then joined a couple from here for a mission and it was way tougher, i understand they would have found it hard as scaled up to my level but it was no cakewalk for me either, the group modifier looks to be big on this

In the first one you could power level up lower levelled players although it was no fun for the lower level guys. If you were under levelled for a mission you could be in serious trouble. 1-2 levels behind was sometimes ok but anything more than that was excruciating.

I've only done the first story mission which was very easy solo. Div 1 could be brutal solo at times, not seeing it here yet but I've just started.

The scaling for playing with 4 was almost broken in the beta, it could be very tough although I did an end game mission with three others and found it ok.

Hmmm, finger hovering over the buy button again :pac: ye nearly have me convinced :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hmmm, finger hovering over the buy button again :pac: ye nearly have me convinced :pac:

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c88e6af4233655063556c5e

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Any sign of Aaron Keener?

Yes :)

So I'm a bit miffed that I can't get any of the club rewards for playing the BETA as they're for those who played the open one. I skipped it after having done the Alpha/Private BETA. I know it's all crap anyway, still it's annoying :pac:

Seems a decent game so far. Think I'm lvl 8/9. Only thing that still really bothers me is no burst heal. If the NPC's decide to rush you, that's it, you're dead. Really annoying. Hopefully there'll be some good healing talents down the road to offset this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement