Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Well, I sure cut that one pretty fine. Didn't intend leaving it this late. Actual completion time was 00:02. 2mins past my deadline but I'll take it. So long survival:pac:

DUOThpKl.jpg

Looking forward to diving into 2 tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've created the clan on PC.

It's called "boards ie" with a tag of BIE.

The logo sucks, I just used an illuminatti logo, but there's no custom icons, and little choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I think I need to go to bed...

Love it so far. Really scratched only the surface of the game, even if that, but it's very promising. Can't believe how stable it was tonight. Played up until now without a single issue.

Gun play feels solid, loot is very well done in early game. Even low level gear has sets.

I do miss snow though, that would be my only complain. :)

It's a shame I am working next 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Spear wrote: »
    I've created the clan on PC.

It's called "boards ie" with a tag of BIE.

The logo sucks, I just used an illuminatti logo, but there's no custom icons, and little choice.

Not to worry, everyone knows that graphic designers were the first to succumb to the virus.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Not to worry, everyone knows that graphic designers were the first to succumb to the virus.

And nothing of value was lost :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Hearing a lot of positive things on Reddit. Super hyped for tonight now. Need to stay away from YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some really great tips here. I also saw a pic of the shooting range and it looks so ****ing useful to see how your weapons perform across DPS, accuracy, range, time to kill. Great addition.

]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

skerry wrote: »
    Hearing a lot of positive things on Reddit. Super hyped for tonight now. Need to stay away from YouTube.

Had a sneaky play before work, purely as a bit of recon ;) but I left loads for you to kill :D

First impressions, it's really enjoyable. No issues and seems very sorted for an early access play. Should be interesting to see how the servers behave when it's on general release Friday.

Great looking game and feels like putting on an old pair of boots.... An old baseball cap.... Etc :)

Gun play seems nicer so far too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Some really great tips here. I also saw a pic of the shooting range and it looks so ****ing useful to see how your weapons perform across DPS, accuracy, range, time to kill. Great addition.

]

Was there not a shooting range in the first one? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah there was a shooting range in the first one. I view shooting ranges the same as cut scenes. They seem interesting at first but very soon I just want to get on with it.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Was there not a shooting range in the first one? :confused:

Yeah but this looks like it will actually be of some use

https://i.imgur.com/o0Bx3sD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah but this looks like it will actually be of some use

https://i.imgur.com/o0Bx3sD.jpg

Ah they've different categories now. That would be helpful.

Actually say this on HUKD earlier if anyone is looking for speakers and you get Division 2 for free.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/trust-51-180w-speakers-with-free-division-2-standard-edition-95-on-amazon-3195907

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

This is us for the next god knows how long.

I have to admit i loled,

start @ 1:49

Dcully wrote: »

This is us for the next god knows how long.

I have to admit i loled,

start @ 1:49

At least 90% of gameplay does not consist of Loading screens for us. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Doesnt for anthem either once you finish campaign.

But even the 5% in campaign was a pain.

For anyone looking to create or join a clan, you need to recruit an NPC to the BOO and then find them there. Video below shows the locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Been enjoying it so far, so much to do even at level 5 just taking out control points etc in the first zone.

Whats the story with those control points? I captured one last night, looted stuff and then Friendly not took it over. I could give them some recourses, but not sure what do I get back and why I should give them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Whats the story with those control points? I captured one last night, looted stuff and then Friendly not took it over. I could give them some recourses, but not sure what do I get back and why I should give them?

You'll get some XP rewards, which is fairly irrelevant overall.

But some of the projects have a criteria to resupply the points with a total of 50 items.

The only thing I can see at the moment is there is projects dependent on supplying control points with resources. I thought maybe they might be more susceptible to being recaptured by the enemy if supplies run low but I've not seen anything to confirm.

• Advertisement

Great video explaining stats on a beginner level. Marco's videos usually go over my head as they are very in depth but this is great for the basics whether you are new to the Division or looking for a fresher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm so tempted to take the plunge here, i need a new game to fill the little bit of void around waiting on friends to play apex. I've no interest in going back to AC Odyssey, it got boring for me..

What version should i get here?

is it worth kicking up extra for the gold or ultimate? are the extras worth it?

I've no problem waiting until Friday to play, but if im saving alot of money in the long run, i can convince myself to splash out.. :pac:

Also, i can use the 20% discount with Uplay coins on all three, right?

Stick with standard I'd say if you're happy to wait till Friday. The season pass with gold and ultimate editions gives you early access to free dlc's as they come out so you won't be saving money. The skins and items might be handy early on but could be quickly replaced by in game items.

There is actually extra playable content with the year 1 pass - 8 assignments, extra bounties and extra projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Away this weekend so will have a look next Tuesday or so.

Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Get gold. I got ultimate and the extra gear is ugly as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Can you actually buy this game yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not only can you buy it, you can play it.

Not me though...have to wait till the weekend :(

KilOit wrote: »
    Get gold. I got ultimate and the extra gear is ugly as ****.

Actually, I got one of those starter packs with gold edition. Outside of cosmetics I got exotic shotgun, which is definitely better then any weapon I have..... And.... It will stay in box, never to be touched. Why the hell would I want op weapon at the start in looter game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Did anybody get the free game advertised with the pre order?

Watch dogs 2, far cry primal, ghost recon..

Cant decide...

Cant decide which version to get either

Can decide if ill even get the game

Since when did buying a game become so complicated? :o

Advertisement