Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Dcully wrote: »

Pretty informative video , thanks god the sweet spot mechanic of sniping is gone and they have gone back to head shot being king.

Also the spotting is toned down bigtime.

I didn't mind the 'sweet spot' although I can see why it's warranted. Most recent BF1 games I've played are 75% sniper vs sniper.

Reduction of spotting is something I've been waiting for a long time. 3D spotting was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,263 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Lukker- wrote: »
    I didn't mind the 'sweet spot' although I can see why it's warranted. Most recent BF1 games I've played are 75% sniper vs sniper.

Reduction of spotting is something I've been waiting for a long time. 3D spotting was a joke.
    Could have just played Hardcore modes ya know. I wish more people played it on BF1. Servers are usually empty now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Creative83

Got a pre alpha invite starting tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got invited too preloading now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Got invited too preloading now :)

Got mine as well, the son isn't too happy..... no e-mail for him .

• Advertisement

Hard to get onto the servers this morning and MatchMaking seems to be broken for now ( but they say they are fixing it ) . It seems like there isn't a lot of servers running . On the plus side it seems to run smooth enough ( i7 7700K , GPU 1080 .... running at 1920x1200 )

Love to stay and try some more but the beach is calling .

Really liking it so far, just like i expected it plays very like CODUO back in the day which was fantastic.
    Few bugs ofcourse , i also feel the particle effects are waaaaay overdone but overall with some work it will be a must have.

My old PC while not doing the game justice runs it fine on low settings at 2560X1440 with decent framerate most of the time.

I will be buying a full new rig once the new nvidia cards drop.

Quick vid of my first few minutes ingame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Really liking it so far, just like i expected it plays very like CODUO back in the day which was fantastic.
    Few bugs ofcourse , i also feel the particle effects are waaaaay overdone but overall with some work it will be a must have.

My old PC while not doing the game justice runs it fine on low settings at 2560X1440 with decent framerate most of the time.

I will be buying a full new rig once the new nvidia cards drop.

Quick vid of my first few minutes ingame.

Looks good mate, how does the fortifications system look to be working so far if you seen it in use?

Havent seen it in use yet man sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Is it lucky dip for the Alpha? signed up for newsletter etc ages ago, or must I specifically sign up for the alpha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Alpha was random providing you were signed to the news letter yea. A few codes are still going out over the next hour or two afaik.
    Have access myself but in work at the moment. Will be on later to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Seemed not to be picked. Was in the Alpha for BF1 but unlucky this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ewj1978 wrote:
    Seemed not to be picked. Was in the Alpha for BF1 but unlucky this time round.

Same :( and hardline

Tried it again there for an hour or so, bumped the settings up to 2560x1440 @ 144hz and still running along nicely on Ultra .

Very early impressions :

I think I might struggle a bit with this game ( age related ....mine not the games :D ) . It seems faster and assault is king, I was frustrated by some of my deaths to the STG 44 from distance . There seemed to be loads running around with a 'brrrap brrrap' mentality killing all and sundry . Medics with the first gun have to hold back and medics holding back are no use to the squad . Snipers are out of the game completely really, they will go back up onto the hills as they are also no use near the front line, they seem to add nothing to the squad .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

jonski wrote: »
    Tried it again there for an hour or so, bumped the settings up to 2560x1440 @ 144hz and still running along nicely on Ultra .

Very early impressions :

I think I might struggle a bit with this game ( age related ....mine not the games :D ) . It seems faster and assault is king, I was frustrated by some of my deaths to the STG 44 from distance . There seemed to be loads running around with a 'brrrap brrrap' mentality killing all and sundry . Medics with the first gun have to hold back and medics holding back are no use to the squad . Snipers are out of the game completely really, they will go back up onto the hills as they are also no use near the front line, they seem to add nothing to the squad .

Sounds like snipers from every fps. Finish the round with maybe 6 kills.

Had round lastnight as sniper with 56-13 overlooking B flag on the bridge and im pretty sure I stopped atleast 5 attempts from the enemy to take that flag.

Snipers played correctly are far from useless, and when you are good you can play aggressive sniper closer to the action which is a lot of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have an alpha key for the game but to be honest I'm not that interested in playing it at the moment. Game looks good, and I'm already pretty sure I'll pick it up on release if the feedback stays positive, but for now i'm happy to give someone a shot at Alpha if they want.

Maybe just mention on thread you've pm'd me so people know the story.

Pmed you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

just watching some streams on twitch, the game would actually be interesting to me if they spread out the cap points, they are way to close together

I really wish Dice would offer a few maps with cap points that use the whole map, this would slow down the game and allow for some real team tactics for auld lads like me

I have an alpha key for the game but to be honest I'm not that interested in playing it at the moment. Game looks good, and I'm already pretty sure I'll pick it up on release if the feedback stays positive, but for now i'm happy to give someone a shot at Alpha if they want.

You legend. Thank you so much :D

• Advertisement

Love the look and style of the map. Graphics and gameplay remind me somewhat of Bad Company days which is great.

For an Alpha, especially comparing to how unpolished BF4 Alpha was, this looks amazing.

The thing that annoys me the most and I hope they change it for full release or it will seriously diminish my enjoyment of the game is the whole, dying, lying on the ground with the camera zooming out for 2-3 seconds before bringing it back to your first person view with you waiting to bleed out or begging for someone to revive you.

That takes another good 5 seconds at least, then another few seconds again before you can choose to spawn. Even then, it will have you directly looking at a squad member to spawn on. Forcing you to waste a few more seconds and another click to get back to your class/weapon selection screen. So all in all, from dying to being able to respawn again how you want can take up to 20+ seconds at times. Extremely infuriating when you're "into" the game, especially when it's a close one and you're eager to get back in the fight ASAP.

If they could just change that 1 thing for the moment. The game, for me would be twice as fun.

The TTK is another thing that needs reducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,263 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Love the look and style of the map. Graphics and gameplay remind me somewhat of Bad Company days which is great.

For an Alpha, especially comparing to how unpolished BF4 Alpha was, this looks amazing.

The thing that annoys me the most and I hope they change it for full release or it will seriously diminish my enjoyment of the game is the whole, dying, lying on the ground with the camera zooming out for 2-3 seconds before bringing it back to your first person view with you waiting to bleed out or begging for someone to revive you.

That takes another good 5 seconds at least, then another few seconds again before you can choose to spawn. Even then, it will have you directly looking at a squad member to spawn on. Forcing you to waste a few more seconds and another click to get back to your class/weapon selection screen. So all in all, from dying to being able to respawn again how you want can take up to 20+ seconds at times. Extremely infuriating when you're "into" the game, especially when it's a close one and you're eager to get back in the fight ASAP.

If they could just change that 1 thing for the moment. The game, for me would be twice as much fun

20 seconds respawn isn't that long. There needs to be some penalty for dying otherwise killing people is pointless.

Akrasia wrote:
    20 seconds respawn isn't that long. There needs to be some penalty for dying otherwise killing people is pointless.

The annoying part for me is the lying there waiting for revive crap.

If I'm to wait 20+ seconds, let me look at my weapon layout screen.

The whole downed system is not great at all, the fact reviving forces an animation and leaves you wide open to be killed is just idiotic and my biggest issue with the game.
    While the game looks amazing there is a real issue with visibility ,theres just too much effects going on.
    It seems they didnt learn from BF1 and its ****ty fog system with fog inside buildings too as its the same thing with snow falling inside buildings, what an oversight , if they cant do it right dont do it at all.
    I think the TTK is fine, any faster and it will be in the realms of COD TTK which i definitely dont want.

Yes its alpha etc but as with all previous alphas and betas in the series very little technically will change, any changes will be minor.

Im disappointed every player gets to use the same weapons, british troops running around with mp40,G43,STG44 K98 etc just doesnt sit right with me personally.
    Im hoping its just a case that they are the only weapons playable right now so all factions use them but i have my doubts.

God be with the days of the older COD games , day of defeat and indeed BF1942 that you hear a weapon you knew what it was and the odds were you knew what faction was using it unless they picked it up from a downed player.

Apart from that the game is a must buy for me, the gunplay is easily the highlight here.
    The noob friendly sniper sweetspot is also gone which is fantastic [head shot only is a 1 shot kill] , the sweetspot BS was really only there to please the console crowd with its inferior aiming, thankfully its back to its roots, the toned down spotting system also is a godsend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Would appreciate an Alpha key if anyone has one spare.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Have they fixed mouse wheel weapon/gadget scroll?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Would appreciate an Alpha key if anyone has one spare.

Cheers

I didn't get one either. It's annoying they don't favour the veterans in this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Spear wrote: »
    I didn't get one either. It's annoying they don't favour the veterans in this.

A pity alright. Should go by play hours in previous games or games played on your EA account. I suppose random is fair too haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've got every game on my account bar the console specific stuff. I've even worked for EA in the past. And you've had them feature a video of yours publicly on their twitter, and nothing.

And what happened to their veteran program? It gave some great unlocks in BFBC2 and I learned to do some evil things with the Garand there.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »

And what happened to their veteran program? It gave some great unlocks in BFBC2 and I learned to do some evil things with the Garand there.

Yeah, I miss that!

WbJrTvP.png

Advertisement