Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Spear wrote: »
    And what happened to their veteran program? It gave some great unlocks in BFBC2 and I learned to do some evil things with the Garand there.

The Garand. My best and worst weapon in BC2. I loved it but the distinct sound it makes when reloading caused me to be knifed around 100 or so times by my cousin. the little b0llix.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Spear wrote: »
    I've got every game on my account bar the console specific stuff. I've even worked for EA in the past. And you've had them feature a video of yours publicly on their twitter, and nothing.

And what happened to their veteran program? It gave some great unlocks in BFBC2 and I learned to do some evil things with the Garand there.

The veteran program was a cool feature. Would be cool to have rewards for long time fans of the franchise.

But why do something for free when you can charge for it eh? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Alpha ends tomorrow 13:00 IST

• Registered Users Posts: 22,268 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Dcully wrote: »
    The whole downed system is not great at all, the fact reviving forces an animation and leaves you wide open to be killed is just idiotic and my biggest issue with the game.
    How does the dragging mechanic work? I thought this was supposed to allow people to get into cover before the revive animation kicked off?
    While the game looks amazing there is a real issue with visibility ,theres just too much effects going on.
    This is what I'm worried about. They're gonna ramp up the visuals for cinematic marketing to shift units, but hopefully they'll have options to turn these down before launch

Im disappointed every player gets to use the same weapons, british troops running around with mp40,G43,STG44 K98 etc just doesnt sit right with me personally.
    Im hoping its just a case that they are the only weapons playable right now so all factions use them but i have my doubts.
    Good point. I think this is a nod to the casual players who don't want to have to have to set up their character every time they start a new game, and when there are multiple factions the balancing could be a nightmare. That would have been fine when there was just a allies v axis dynamic, but in this game we're gonna see french, German, British, US, USSR, Japanese, Italian, possibly china...
    I would hope that the vehicles and aircraft are faction specific but the weapons are understandably universal.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Dcully wrote: »
    Had round lastnight as sniper with 56-13 overlooking B flag on the bridge and im pretty sure I stopped atleast 5 attempts from the enemy to take that flag.

Snipers played correctly are far from useless, and when you are good you can play aggressive sniper closer to the action which is a lot of fun.

Delighted to hear that, how are the bullet mechanics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

minotour wrote: »
    Delighted to hear that, how are the bullet mechanics?

Similar to BF4 bullet drop wise IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,268 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Lukker- wrote: »
    Similar to BF4 bullet drop wise IMO.

A good practice range would be awesome in the new game

By good, I mean somewhere you can get actual feedback on how the guns and vehicles work so you can practise them without annoying real people in real servers

There should be a sniper range that shows tracer rounds for the various guns so you can see the actual bullet drop as it leaves the gun. This would allow for different bullet drops for different guns with different bullet velocities to increase the skill gap but still allowing people to practise and refine their aim without the frustration of having terrible rounds in real matches. (especially if ammo is limited so getting practise shots in is even more awkward)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Akrasia wrote: »
    A good practice range would be awesome in the new game

By good, I mean somewhere you can get actual feedback on how the guns and vehicles work so you can practise them without annoying real people in real servers

There should be a sniper range that shows tracer rounds for the various guns so you can see the actual bullet drop as it leaves the gun. This would allow for different bullet drops for different guns with different bullet velocities to increase the skill gap but still allowing people to practise and refine their aim without the frustration of having terrible rounds in real matches. (especially if ammo is limited so getting practise shots in is even more awkward)

Can't even recall if there was one in BF1, but the one if BV4 was decent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

New round of invites just began, so check your mails.

And I finally got mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Creative83

Got mine :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got in again, not sure how much ill play as new wow expansion hits tomorrow :P
    If you got in the first one your auto invited for this one.

I didn't get into the first one but was kindly given a code on here so wonder how that will work. Cmon Dice, it's your biggest fan, this is Stan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Pre-loaded, and ready to roll .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I didn't get into the first one but was kindly given a code on here so wonder how that will work. Cmon Dice, it's your biggest fan, this is Stan :)

The codes aren't tied to accounts and can be used by anyone. So if you get another code, it's spare and can be done with as you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Still no codes. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I got a code but when I try to redeem it, it says 'This code has already been activated' :confused:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

After a bit of investigating, apparently it's the same code used in the first Alpha - so you should be good to go if you were in that, code or not.

After a bit of investigating, apparently it's the same code used in the first Alpha - so you should be good to go if you were in that, code or not.

Oh **** no way. I'll check. That sucks tho if you were wanting to actually use it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Battle Royale at the very end looks ummm different.

Like is that a player controlled tank ? :D

They should "mod" BF4 for BR and release that 64 man only.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Pre-orders of V are very weak according to some random youtuber. Blaming Dice/EA attacking fans for being "uneducated" in relation to comments about women with prosthetic hands fighting in WW2.
    I've really liked the series since picking it up @ BF4. The ammo/health mechanic is turning me off this slightly but I'll probably still get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Pre-orders of V are very weak according to some random youtuber. Blaming Dice/EA attacking fans for being "uneducated" in relation to comments about women with prosthetic hands fighting in WW2.
    I've really liked the series since picking it up @ BF4. The ammo/health mechanic is turning me off this slightly but I'll probably still get it.

I thought it was an industry analyst who called it out? the youtubers are just jumping all over it from both the right side of history and the uneducated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

I dont know how that will really effect sales. I never pre order but I will still buy it on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Rory28 wrote: »
    I dont know how that will really effect sales. I never pre order but I will still buy it on release.

Well then you didn't preorder before and didn't now, so no change. The "weak" preorders expectations would be based on their past games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played a bit of this second alpha and i was bored withing 30 minutes, i cant put my finger on it but its just not doing it for me, unsure if ill buy at all now , deffo wont be pre ordering anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I felt that way about BF1. It's probably the best looking game on the PS4 and I enjoyed playing it immensely but after a while I grew a little bored. I don't know why.
    Still felt I got value from it having bought it at launch but didn't sink anywhere near as many hours in it as I did with Bf4 or even hardline.

Yeah this is the first BF game I'm on the fence about, definitely won't be buying on Day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Calhoun wrote: »

I thought it was an industry analyst who called it out? the youtubers are just jumping all over it from both the right side of history and the uneducated.

Theres a report going around saying call of duty has 85% higher pre orders and groups are jumping on this as proof of x y or z and the end of BFV

I’d hold off calling it the end of BFV cause I don’t think the origin/ea access factor has been accounted for.

No one on pc would be pre ordering BFV as they get it and all the other big ea titles this year first if they’ve subscribed to origin access premier.

So any player who would normally pre order has likely done that instead.

And Xbox users get 10 hours free access to BFV as part of ea access so I expect that has also discouraged pre ordering.

In fact when you do look up pre orders. The PS4 version is still somewhat high but 5e others are not

For example: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sr_bs_0_videogames_1

PS4 version of BFV is 21st. But Xbox and pc version are not there at all. Meanwhile both versions of call of duty are at 30/31 on the list.

The whole pre order story could end up being a red herring.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Calhoun wrote: »

Theres a report going around saying call of duty has 85% higher pre orders and groups are jumping on this as proof of x y or z and the end of BFV

I’d hold off calling it the end of BFV cause I don’t think the origin/ea access factor has been accounted for.

No one on pc would be pre ordering BFV as they get it and all the other big ea titles this year first if they’ve subscribed to origin access premier.

So any player who would normally pre order has likely done that instead.

And Xbox users get 10 hours free access to BFV as part of ea access so I expect that has also discouraged pre ordering.

In fact when you do look up pre orders. The PS4 version is still somewhat high but 5e others are not

For example: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sr_bs_0_videogames_1

PS4 version of BFV is 21st. But Xbox and pc version are not there at all. Meanwhile both versions of call of duty are at 30/31 on the list.

The whole pre order story could end up being a red herring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I’ll play the 10 hours with EA Access and see how the Battle Royale is before I make a decision. Kind of lost Interest in BF1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Good god that's pretty

Advertisement