Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

I’ll play the 10 hours with EA Access and see how the Battle Royale is before I make a decision. Kind of lost Interest in BF1

It will be judged on Conquest and the maps but I am curious about the BR. Never played PUBG and dont like fortnite so I'm not banking on just the BR but it could be a good addition. I am optimistic about the game mainly because i love ww2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I'd be very surprised if long-term/veteran Battlefield players would purchase COD instead.

Looking at the the previous BF titles(BFBC, BFBC2, BF3, BF4, BF1) BF1 just lacked it for me, and a lot of people didn't really like it. Don't think people will stop purchasing BF titles because of one title that wasn't so great.

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if long-term/veteran Battlefield players would purchase COD instead.

Looking at the the previous BF titles(BFBC, BFBC2, BF3, BF4, BF1) BF1 just lacked it for me, and a lot of people didn't really like it. Don't think people will stop purchasing BF titles because of one title that wasn't so great.

to be fair it was back to back mediocrity. Hardlind and BF1. I agree tho. Battlefield players won't migrate to COD.

Rory28 wrote: »
    to be fair it was back to back mediocrity. Hardlind and BF1. I agree tho. Battlefield players won't migrate to COD.

Hardline could have been much better, could have added Campaign mode or something.

Hardline could have been much better, could have added Campaign mode or something.

It should have been dlc for BF4 not a standalone game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Might not purchase COD but WW3 is definitely looking interesting. While i wont pre-order BFV will wait and see. I got burnt on the BF1 as i bought premier and then the game died out halfway through its life cycle.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Theres a report going around saying call of duty has 85% higher pre orders and groups are jumping on this as proof of x y or z and the end of BFV

I’d hold off calling it the end of BFV cause I don’t think the origin/ea access factor has been accounted for.

No one on pc would be pre ordering BFV as they get it and all the other big ea titles this year first if they’ve subscribed to origin access premier.

So any player who would normally pre order has likely done that instead.

And Xbox users get 10 hours free access to BFV as part of ea access so I expect that has also discouraged pre ordering.

In fact when you do look up pre orders. The PS4 version is still somewhat high but 5e others are not

For example: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sr_bs_0_videogames_1

PS4 version of BFV is 21st. But Xbox and pc version are not there at all. Meanwhile both versions of call of duty are at 30/31 on the list.

The whole pre order story could end up being a red herring.

Maybe so but i am calling out the original post which implied it was just random youtubers, when in fact it was an industry analyst.

It may well be a redherring but at the same time attitudes and perception impact on the success of a game. I by no means think this is anywhere near a problem for the game launch at this time but its another story it didnt need.

As it has effectively brought the whole developer criticism of the community back into the spotlight, Angry Joe got himself into a spot of bother by calling out all the naysayers as sexist conservatives.

Would also like to point out that not everyone has access to the EA access premier, and i did pre-ordered BF1 but learnt my lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I wasn't trying to push any agenda. I simply saw a random video mentioning pre-orders were down which could indicate a sales problem and he was trying to link it to the launch trailer, uproar about women in WW2 etc. I do remember one of the developers going on about some nonsense about how his 13 year old daughter wanted to play as a girl.
    I think BFVs bigger problem is how quick BF1 died. I hadn't bought the season pass or map packs having been burned before.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I wasn't trying to push any agenda. I simply saw a random video mentioning pre-orders were down which could indicate a sales problem and he was trying to link it to the launch trailer, uproar about women in WW2 etc. I do remember one of the developers going on about some nonsense about how his 13 year old daughter wanted to play as a girl.
    I think BFVs bigger problem is how quick BF1 died. I hadn't bought the season pass or map packs having been burned before.

Ah fair enough I wasnt sure if you were aware of the report or not.

Some of the streams are OTT like Sotherland did not lose his job over this they tried to pay him 20M to keep him.

That is my thinking also, I really wanted BF1 to last a but longer but unfortunately it didn't. You really felt the loss of the community hosting their own servers. In BF4 servers built up littl communities and that died a death in BF1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ProvableGrub

Do pre-orders play that big a part on whether or not a game will succeed?
    Anyway, this game just looks different from the other Battrlefield games. I know Battlefield is an arcade shooter, but a lot of the sliding and jumping into prone whilst firing just looks too arcadey, if you get what I mean. And plus, after the lackluster BF1 and the time the game is being released in, you'd understand why its not doing too well.

• Advertisement

I would normally buy the premium version of the game, costing €70. For an extra €20 I could have Origin Access Premium, so if I dont like it, I have other stuff to play.

I would buy the origin access but, i want to have full access to my games and well Origin generally is the poor cousin of the online platform market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Played a couple of hundred hours of BF1. Always felt it was missing something.
    Pretty as feck game but just missing something that BF4 had.
    Maybe thats it in my opinion, they're trying constantly to make it pretty, pretty, WOW! oh so pretty but its gameplay is letting it down.

Hummin and hahing about getting the EA premium as atleast if BFV is shoite I'd have other things to try.

Also the BR mode. If(BIG IF) its decent it will destroy PUBG overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Reports coming in the 85% report is only taking account amazon.com orders and nowhere else.

BFV is also unavailable to order physical copies on amazon.com.

Meanwhile amazon.co.uk where you can order physical copies has BFV in the top 10 for PS4.

Reports coming in the 85% report is only taking account amazon.com orders and nowhere else.

Meanwhile amazon.co.uk where you can order physical copies has BFV in the top 10 for PS4.

How big would that sample size be really? its been beaten by Marvel Spiderman which i hadnt even heard of, F1 , Fifa and oddly super smash brothers for the switch.

Checked the French and German sites and its not in the top 10. Lets hope the UK market alone is enough to carry it.

Update: Fat guy that tweeted about them using the Amazon numbers got it wrong the pre-order models were actually done from gamestop which is a fairly big player in the disk selling market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The source for some of those reports got his info wrong. He used old Cowen data instead of Gamestop's for his numbers so it seems the poor pre-order figures are correct.

https://archive.fo/ZaUyN

• Registered Users Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Where did you get the video link, it's unlisted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Varik wrote: »

EA mailed it to everyone in their newsletter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They have a version listed/public as well so was curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Varik wrote: »

I got it from the blog page .

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-5-what-is-the-company

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

So much negativity about this game at the moment.

I'm looking forward to it. Though I hope it can hold my attention longer than BF1 did.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Think all the trailers are lacking something, not sure what it is but its lacking something.

Oh I know....its this....

DEN DEN DEN DEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

spotted this on Reddit, leaked Gameplay from Rotterdam Beta Map

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

nVidia 399.07 drivers are out, which is meant to explicitly support the open beta starting on September 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

That Rotterdam gameplay looks pretty good. The marketing for the game has been a farce, and the social politics of the developers has rubbed me up the wrong way, but will still definitely be picking this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

This has been delayed now until November 20th

I wonder why :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I smell something dodgy from nvidia,

Advertisement