Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

jonski wrote: »
    Yeah , I'd say that Cully fella is only a blow in , BF1 was probably his first time .

I see he has but from what i can read he didn't take to BF1. My point was people invest in hobbies ect, just like people take the likes of football very seriously the same can be seen in games.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Operations was definitely the best thing about it. The whistle going/charging as pretty satisfying and historically it kind of fit in. It also had a proper structure, conquest often felt like maps weren't designed with it in mind.

The only downside to operations was it took them so long to put them in the server browser. That and how unbalanced they could be.

The French one when you start off in the village (the one without the tanks) if you had the right team you could stop the defenders getting past one flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Calhoun wrote: »
    Considering the **** show that was BF1 at launch and how the optimisation, hit reg, net coded ect were all pretty much in bits there is worry that the focus on getting those parts of the games right is not there.

wut :confused::confused:
    BF1 had one of the smoothest launches I've even encountered.
    Game ran smooth as butter and "net code" was near perfect imo.
    If anything.. for me it actually decreased in quality somewhat over the few DLC.. but that's another matter.

You're right in that they need a smooth launch. No arguing there but if it's anything like BF1 - I'll be more than happy (providing the game doesn't suck a$$ :pac: )

I personally just hope they release it with a good RSP but I ain't holding my breath.

Noxin wrote: »
    wut :confused::confused:
    BF1 had one of the smoothest launches I've even encountered.
    Game ran smooth as butter and "net code" was near perfect imo.
    If anything.. for me it actually decreased in quality somewhat over the few DLC.. but that's another matter.

You're right in that they need a smooth launch. No arguing there but if it's anything like BF1 - I'll be more than happy (providing the game doesn't suck a$$ :pac: )

I personally just hope they release it with a good RSP but I ain't holding my breath.

There were actually quite a few problems with it being optimized at launch some people it worked well, other though it was really bad. I know as i was impacted but i also spent ages trying to fix it.

The only way i could get it to run smooth for a long time was by assigning more ram for it in windows 10. I finally resolved it properly by upgrading form a i5 6600K to an i7 6700K.

Whats an RSP?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

@ Calhoun im only playing since BF1942 so no not long at all :P Jonski is pulling your leg btw, sure hes only here a wet week :P

Still play BF1, i wasnt mad about it on release but tonnes of patches later its 10x better.
    Gameplay is all that matters to me, i still dont get how people are saying they wont play it based on a trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wonder how recognisable each class will be, keeping your distance in a tank from someone who may charge with explosive or focusing on anyone with an AT weapon.

Dcully wrote: »
    @ Calhoun im only playing since BF1942 so no not long at all :P Jonski is pulling your leg btw, sure hes only here a wet week :P

Still play BF1, i wasnt mad about it on release but tonnes of patches later its 10x better.
    Gameplay is all that matters to me, i still dont get how people are saying they wont play it based on a trailer.

I know he is pulling my leg and you have been playing it a long time :). Good to see an old player, while i havent engaged as much with the community i have played it nearly as long. I took a break after BFBC 2 and came back in BF4. BF1 was the first game in a long time that i invested in heavily.

Some people just invest fairly heavily into things, like football supporters who are fanatical about their clubs. Not something i have any interest in but we have had people killed over football rivalries and allot of other **** going on around it that i dont get but at the same time it happens.

All i am saying is one mans football is another mans battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The main and only issue with Bf1 for me was the stupid server system, I play hardcore only in all BF games. hardcore was never really added to the game(it arrived after the launch). It was placed in an additional menu sub group.

Favorites never really work on PC it was like the server system was designed with consoles in my and it played like that. All of my BF4 favs are still full and well maintained and admined, BF1 never really gave server admins those abilties or options.

I felt like I was playing random servers all the time.

Bf1 is a very solid game just found it hard to get into the swing of it due to the server nonsense.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The main and only issue with Bf1 for me was the stupid server system, I play hardcore only in all BF games. hardcore was never really added to the game(it arrived after the launch). It was placed in an additional menu sub group.

Favorites never really work on PC it was like the server system was designed with consoles in my and it played like that. All of my BF4 favs are still full and well maintained and admined, BF1 never really gave server admins those abilties or options.

I felt like I was playing random servers all the time.

Bf1 is a very solid game just found it hard to get into the swing of it due to the server nonsense.

I also felt the match making killed off allot of the community play.

I remember in BF4 you had your favorite servers and some you knew going into it that it would have same old regulars ect.

You never got that with BF1 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

BF1 had a very smooth launch compared to the disaster that was BF4 - though I suppose I was just incredibly lucky as I never really had any problems with BF4 personally, think I only had one or two crashes in the first six months but otherwise OK.

BF1 was a bit rough when it launched, considering 90% of the player base were probably running i5's or worse, the game ran pretty crappily on a lot of systems with 100% usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Calhoun wrote: »
    Whats an RSP?

RSP = Rental Server Program.

Likes others have already said, community servers that are set up exactly the way you like so end up getting added to your faves list and so you most commonly end up playing there.
    These programs were excellent for community.

Problem with BF1 is the sheer lack of configuration options in it. I really just hope it's updated for V.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

New video:

Looks a lot better in this IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It's back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

https://youtu.be/MfzmCI9-aKY

Jack frags 5 mins of grand operations.

https://youtu.be/Suoy7Sl7RUg

Westie with destruction and fortifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The whole thing looks a bit COD esque to me? They certainly seem to be going for a more arcadey style of gameplay.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

A V1 bomb in 1940 Norway hurts me.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Someone looking for an education in history from a game instead of a history book hurts me.

Total War and Paradox games are both historical and games. They're not mutually exclusive.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

https://youtu.be/MfzmCI9-aKY

Jack frags 5 mins of grand operations.

https://youtu.be/Suoy7Sl7RUg

Westie with destruction and fortifications.

Definitely getting a BC2 vibe from those, tho it could just be the snow map.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

MadYaker wrote: »
    The whole thing looks a bit COD esque to me? They certainly seem to be going for a more arcadey style of gameplay.

BF is as arcadey as you can get, I would say COD is going for a BF style of gameplay and has been for years.

It works for BF as its team based, I dont mind COD but its a single player game with other players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not sure how to feel about that, gameplay looks quite good generally speaking but the whole thing looks a lot closer to Call of Duty now than it did previously. I could see myself picking it up on PS4 to play casually with the lads rather than get it on PC this time around and sink 100's of hours into it. Time will tell I suppose, but it's the least excited I've ever been about a new BF game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I am finding it a bit hard to get an idea of the speed of the game, it looks a bit faster than BF1 . Need to see longer game play video .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Vehicles:

Squad Play:

31 Minute M.P Gameplay:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Some cool footage. There is certainly a potential for some tactical gameplay but I am worried that these resupply points will just attract campers and snipers waiting for easy kills against unarmed players.

I think I have finally found someone who is actually worse at Battlefield than I am (that last Lanai Gara video)

Looks very similar to BF1 to me which is fine, also reminds me of the best COD game ever made COD united offensive which is also fine in my book.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,112 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's a subtle thing that goes unnoticed in that vehicle video:

they've implemented some basic ballistics so that a shell hitting at a shallow angle will bounce now.

All too familiar to World of Tanks players, but at least it's a step towards more depth in vehicle game play. But I don't think they're going to exactly go into the subtleties of spaced armour versus HEAT or normalization values.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,112 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Spear wrote: »

they've implemented some basic ballistics so that a shell hitting at a shallow angle will bounce now.

All too familiar to World of Tanks players, but at least it's a step towards more depth in vehicle game play. But I don't think they're going to exactly go into the subtleties of spaced armour versus HEAT or normalization values.

I now find this is in BF1, but the game just decided to show it me today despite me being rank 60 something. Thanks game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Spear wrote: »

They've had that in bf1 since launch. Its very annoying when you're about to be killed by a tank, you get your AT shot off first but it just ricochets off for hardly any damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

• Advertisement

Pretty informative video , thanks god the sweet spot mechanic of sniping is gone and they have gone back to head shot being king.

Also the spotting is toned down bigtime.

Advertisement