Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

I've just noticed Wexford has been being upgraded to Red alert for overnight snow/ice. Does ME see something I don't? There's literally no streamer action south of Angelsey in the Irish sea on their radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Just went out for a stroll around in Santry after it calmed down. Hadn't been watching outside much today but this evening when there was a blizzard, it didn't drop much snow, just enough to cover the footpaths which was kinda disappointing but ah well, more to come tonight and tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

Just looked at the radar. Are those showers dying out on the way over towards South Dublin and North Wicklow

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

wakka12 wrote: »
    I heard somebody say the steamer was good for dub laoghaire to Wicklow, does that mean Dublin areas like rathmines rathgar milltown willl miss it ? Thought the streamer looked like it'd hit me :(

I heard there’s lots of Steamers in Rathgar 🀣😂🀣

#Typo
    #ShamelessPostToFollowThread

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

Flash of lightning and rumble of thunder in Douglas, cork

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Skedaddle wrote: »
    Lightening in Cork City.
    You added the critical 'e' there...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭teddybones

It's pretty bizarre . Nothing , the whole day has been sitting around waiting and..... Nothing. So maybe In the next 24hours

The wind just wasnt blowing in the right direction for us and we had the Anglesey shadow i think. Shockingly disappointed after following for.weeks. i sent my first excited email to my friend on 6th of february. Ah well hopefully emma will provide tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

MidMan25 wrote: »
    I live in East Cork so it's much of a muchness which route I take. U'd be sick of the M8 anyway driving on it all the time to Dubin!

I considered it but would the R693 not be a bit risky?

Ok, the original question was to Cork city.

R693 is fine. I travelled that road for quite a few years going up and down to Cork. With clear roads you would be in Urlingford in 20-25 min from Kilkenny easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Naas in the clear at the moment. That wind is very strong. Blowing Snow affecting visibility

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hyblaeus

I can’t believe I finally hear THUNDERSNOW :D (In Douglas Cork)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭bloopy

One of the posters in the technical thread mentioned that the heavy snow is finished for the week. Has Storm Emma changed or is the poster mistaken?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LongfordSligo

😡😡 sitting here in Enniscrone (West Sligo)... no snow here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Just looked at the radar. Are those showers dying out on the way over towards South Dublin and North Wicklow

No I think it's Belfast radar acting up, the view being impeded by the showers in between. Netweather radar doesn't use the Dublin radar, well the free version at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

My apartment is ‘fresh’ at the best of times to say the least! I know it’s really cold when I come home and it’s warmer inside than outside! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Goose81 wrote: »
    Nothing in blackrock , Dublin. According to the live map it should be half way across south Dublin now

Somehow it feels like south east Dublin is the worst place to be in the main snow zone during this spell , I still haven't witnessed heavy snow ! It happened while I was asleep last night but that's it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Lots of thunder in Cobh, Co. Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Kiith wrote: »
    One of the guys on the tech thread says that's the last of the heavy stuff for the week. Hope he's wrong.

Yet most semistate businesses are closing shop tomorrow and Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Snowy fog here dalkey..tiny flakes moderate intensity

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

Kiith wrote: »
    One of the guys on the tech thread says that's the last of the heavy stuff for the week. Hope he's wrong.

That makes no sense for him to say that, if tomorrow is red alert

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Daz9718

So cold in rathfarnham, temperature -4.3 and it's just partly cloudy , come on steamers , the Irish sea always seems to come to life after midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Kiith wrote:

He means in terms of the streamers coming from the Irish sea which is where our snow has been coming from so far. Nothing to do with the frontal event being caused by Storm Emma starting tomorrow afternoon - large snow amounts and dangerous conditions still very much on from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

My street in Turners Cross Cork is now completely unaccessable to cars. Im 28 and living in Cork City all my life and can only remember a proper snow maybe twice in my life, but this blows it completely out of the water, fierce exciting altoghether biy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

northgirl wrote: »
    Lots of thunder in Cobh, Co. Cork.

And Passage..unreal😱

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭aidanodr

https://twitter.com/CorkSafetyAlert/status/968972257660940288

And I can vouch for this ..

Man we are getting EVERYTHING

I wonder did we get upgraded to RED from tonight because Emma is rolling in faster than thought??

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

That makes no sense for him to say that, if tomorrow is red alert
    He meant the last of the heavy streamers for now, nothing to do with the red warning for tomorrow afternoon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There will be light showers nationwide tonight. Tomorrow morning there will be a lull but showers will pep up before the 4pm event, where things turn up to 11

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

wakka12 wrote: »
    Somehow it feels like south east Dublin is the worst place to be in the main snow zone during this spell , I still haven't witnessed heavy snow ! It happened while I was asleep last night but that's it

We got a serious snow overnight but i thought Kildare and others were hit worse?

Watching the dog in snow for the first time realising he could eat snow and then getting brain freezes was the highlight

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Has I missed a joke with my picture of the bin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Proper white out..crazy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

aidanodr wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/CorkSafetyAlert/status/968972257660940288

And I can vouch for this ..

Man we are getting EVERYTHING

I wonder did we get upgraded to RED from tonight because Emma is rolling in faster than thought??

No

Advertisement