Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭aidanodr

leahyl wrote: »
    Reports of thunder in Cork, can’t say I’ve heard it myself

Yip heard and seen in Carrigaline, Crosshaven, Myrtleville, Monkstown, Blackrock

Is their anything more we can get at this stage ... Its pumilling down snow too and winds in Carrigaline

At this rate and after yesterday, last night, today and tonight they will have to do an archaeological dig to find the town :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Heckler wrote: »
    absolutely covered here in cork (the Lough). Looks beautiful and no work till monday because of it !

Pictures from cork please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Whereabouts ? heard no thunder ?

Sorry! Douglas. I just opened the blinds to look out again and the whole sky lit up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

My God looking at the netweather radar it looks like there is even more to come in cork. I'll be up all night!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Snow Lovers Winter Olympics

Streamer Irish Sea Dash: as expected the Eastern counties have dominated this event with strong showing so far from Dublin, Meath & Kildare but Cork are putting in a very late charge and could cause a surprise. Kildare & Dublin still look favourites to fight it out for the gold.

Emma blitz: the main event that everyone is looking forward to starts tomorrow evening with a real battle between Cork, Waterford, Wexford, Carlow, Kilkenny, Dublin, Kildare but every county in Munster & Leinster will fancy their chances. This could be the battle of the decade and could be a few records broken with this one providing some last minute jitters don't result in a complete flop which we know has happened before

Technical marathon - final event will start on late Fri/Sat and could be over very quickly or go on for a number of days. Very difficult to pick any winners for this as there's no previous form but the North & North west who dominated pre-qualifying over the winter might still have a surprise in store as they'll be disappointed with their showing so far

Note: Once again Wicklow have been disqualified from all events for breaching the >250asl limit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

patneve2 wrote: »
    Roads all white again. Light intensity now

Had one brief burst of huge graupel and snow here (under 5 mins) now back to just the odd flake...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Cork the snow capital of Ireland, would you ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

I've just watched the BBC News 24 forecast at 2155 and the further outlook for next week is rather vague as you would expect but it finished with
    "... the beast from the east is in no hurry to go home"

Blame Putin

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

The snow in cork,is that early start of Emma? Or part of the easterly

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Peeps in Cork, put up pictures! Need to see what the place looks like! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

largepants wrote: »
    Hearing it over the last 45 mins due south of me down towards the coast. Midleton area.

Nothing here. I'd rather thunder than snow. And I used to live in Midelton. Thunder is awesome ! Swap ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Visibility <200m in D18 with blowing grauple

Living near Fermoy, and no snow all day.
    Didn't even need to defrost the car this morning.

I was looking forward to some snow. :-/

You'll see plenty tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

How has none of that landed in Waterford city it looked like it passed right over us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Alright who found the snow shield generator and where is there an incinerator for is to burn it?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭teddybones

My daughter lives in Cork city. She is over the moon. Wicklow was to get plastered and nothing and she is basking in a winter wonderland and very happy to have outdone her ma in the snowstakes. And tbh i am delighted for all ye Cork people. The snowshield died a slow and arduous death and not before time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Much more consistent and heavy here tonight than last night ( East Meath)

Part of the easterly streamers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

aidanodr wrote: »
    Yip heard and seen in Carrigaline, Crosshaven, Myrtleville, Monkstown, Blackrock

Is their anything more we can get at this stage ... Its pumilling down snow too and winds in Carrigaline

At this rate and after yesterday, last night, today and tonight they will have to do an archaeological dig to find the town :D
    I've never seen anything like this...if Carlsberg did snow 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Snow, Co. Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Cork city! Never thought I’d see this kind of snow here

iaiPFx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Blackrock Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Nothing here. I'd rather thunder than snow. And I used to live in Midelton. Thunder is awesome ! Swap ya.

I have both.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,350 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

fritzelly wrote: »
    The upside down pic?

Oh right it was right way up when I posted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Had one brief burst of huge graupel and snow here (under 5 mins) now back to just the odd flake...

Decent intensity here. Already accumulated a cm. Tiny flakes

• Advertisement

Lots up on twitter .. search cork snow pic

https://twitter.com/cork_daily/status/968975577993670656

https://twitter.com/CecileMLeblanc/status/968975838510223360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I learned a new word grauple!

My iPhone dictionary doesn’t even know it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I think it’s still the easterly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

If I hadn't slid into a wall and written off my car this morning I'd be happier about this snow event. Now snowed in. Will post some pics tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

jo06555 wrote: »
    How has none of that landed in Waterford city it looked like it passed right over us

stuck to the window here and nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Panrich

We've had nothing to speak of in Trim :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Snowing again here in meath, no let up all day, constant streamers, has to be over a foot now since last night

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Try_harder wrote: »
    I learned a new word graupel!

Me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Sky News just reported that this is the first time they have ever issued a red warning for snow.

Not sure how reliable that gem is, but if true, makes this exceptional.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Oh she be looking lively

443559.jpg
    Again Arklow misses out 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Holy ****, you can barely stand outside in Donabate. Wind, snow & cold would cut you in half

adam240610 wrote: »
    Not good news for north Wicklow and south Dublin then, just as a few are slowly lining up from Wales now. What kind of reduction are we talking about?

When you say not good news for south Dublin do you mean we will get more or less snow than expected?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

northgirl wrote: »
    If I hadn't slid into a wall and written off my car this morning
    Women drivers :rolleyes::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Really? Where are you. Haven't seen so much as a snowflake in Bettystown for the last 8 hours :(

sdanseo wrote: »
    Sky News just reported that this is the first time they have ever issued a red warning for snow.

Not sure how reliable that gem is, but if true, makes this exceptional.

They said earlier the last time was 5 years ago they issued one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Visibility <200m in D18 with blowing grauple

For the first time today we've had it continuous for more than 2 minutes! Lying snow is blowing everywhere now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Big blizzard in Thurles just now topped up the bit that melted in the sun earlier . Very cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,597 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Has there been a serious downgrade since the 12z runs?

It's been a rollercoaster with mad swings every 6 hours. I don't know what to expect for tomorrow anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

Looking online, it appears that there's a mass of lightning associated with the Storm Emma system off Portugal at the moment - will that continue when it hits us tomorrow evening?

Combined with snow and high winds, potential for disruption to electrical grid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,350 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I think it’s still the easterly.

If that's the case then when Emma(named by the Portuguese met) does arrive. We will never leave the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Looking at the lighting out the window, ESB truck drove into my estate , lights flashing, he looked out his door window and Shone his torch up at me. Turned around and drives away.
    Hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Absolutely whoring it down in Shankill now, makes up for a sunny day today really.

Time for a hot whiskey and some Call Of Duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lobbylad

Starting to come down now here in Glenageary/Dun Laoghaire.

Wife in Rome, due back on the 19.45 from FCO tomorrow night, now cancelled. So booked her on the 11.15 in the morning instead.

Either, it gets cancelled (and next seat out of Rome isn't till Sunday) or it goes ahead and my suggestion of "ahh leave the car, get the bus to the airport" will come back to bite me. Nothing like arriving in DUB at 2pm and find there's no public transport.

If I go and collect her, and don't get back by 4pm, will the Gov have snipers out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Few light flakes in Greystones now

Advertisement