Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It's really hotting up over the Irish Sea or should I say cooling down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

South Dublin has been getting snow today but not all parts perhaps. These new streamers have to hit all of South Dublin. The North side of Dublin and the CC has been pulverised.

I'll never forget your post from the other day predicting Cork will get no snow "Too mild and too far south" :pac: I remember reading it at the time and thinking this person is going to be so wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Here we go in the next ~45 minutes!

Looks good for Dun Laoghaire to Bray. Plenty of stuff coming behind it, everywhere north of Wicklow town is in the running really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

colm18 wrote: »
    Apt username

Saturday like!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭AllForIt

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    poor pascal being made do a weather report out in that freezing cold
    I thought the RTE mic covered in snow was cute.

g7mcvzid.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 licklelee5

My only use of boards up until recently has been to look for dominos pizza codes!!
    Have been following this thread since last week. Decided to register this evening!

Thanks to boards and the posters I was able to stock up on essentials and had everything in place for the kids to enjoy the weather.

We lasted outdoors for a good bit today before little hands got too numb!

In South Dublin and our estate is lethal out there this evening, iced up. Kids snowman still going strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Christmas FM will be back on tomorrow with weather updates and snow and Winter songs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

South Dublin has been getting snow today but not all parts perhaps. These new streamers have to hit all of South Dublin. The North side of Dublin and the CC has been pulverised.

I’m in south side of the city (Kimmage) and we’ve been getting a bit on and off on top of last night’s dump, a few heavy showers but nothing really spectacular. Hopefully that’ll come at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

AllForIt wrote: »
    I thought the RTE mic covered in snow was cute.

g7mcvzid.jpg

yeah, nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kingrosie

For the rest of the week.

So storm Emma won’t be as bad as this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

The radar returns on the activity down in Cork is mighty impressive. More intense than anything incoming in the East. Could be serious accumulations by morning - one poster already has nearly a foot in Clonakilty already??

Think the incoming new stuff for Dublin will slide just to my south. Had plenty of snow this evening but still only around 10-15cm...so far!! More to come I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Work cancelled, beers out movie on blinds up , ready to stay up all night watching these streamers hit Dublin
    Life is good 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭thomil

Coming down hard in Ballincollig now. It's unusually bright outside...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Ffarrell is back it seems

South Dublin are you ready? Its starting!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

Nothing in Waterford city for hours now

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Deaf student

bit blizzard conditions now in Cork City. It's piling up and accumulating snow. Wind chill factor got v cold much colder than yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Really coming down in bishopstown cork city now visibility is at about 700m or less I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I've just watched the BBC News 24 forecast at 2155 and the further outlook for next week is rather vague as you would expect but it finished with
    "... the beast from the east is in no hurry to go home"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Coming down well now...finally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Really coming down in bishopstown cork city now visibility is at about 700m or less I'd say.

It's unreal and being blown in every direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

View from space today,

DXJ5BHKWsAA_hie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Rougies wrote: »
    Looks good for Dun Laoghaire to Bray. Plenty of stuff coming behind it, everywhere north of Wicklow town is in the running really.

Arrrggghhh

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Need to drive home from Kilkenny City to Cork City tomorrow morning. Debating whether to take the M9 or M8!?

N76/N24/M8 or N77/M8

M9 is a bad option because of snow on N25 both sides of Dungarvan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭scarepanda

My apologies if this has been asked already/is a stupid question, but, with storm Emma, what are we to expect wind wise? Is it normal storm winds with snow added into the mix? Or will the snow affect the wind?

I'm in south Roscommon and it's pelting down the last 20 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

What has caused the change in conditions from the predictions earlier about the blizzard like snow tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭brookers

For the rest of the week.

huh!! met eireann saying dublin going to get plastered....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Heavy falls of snow in cork city, Living on College road. Blizzard like at times.

Can barely see the Cork area names it's that covered on the snow map lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

7qZ0ecg.jpg

Advertisement