Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Irish Sea also looking very tasty for the next while, looks like a snow train heading straight for Cabinteely / Loughlinstown / Bray!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

8 miles outside Cork City, very heavy snow. Can’t imagine what it’s going to be like in the Morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Oh she be looking lively

443559.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

absolutely covered here in cork (the Lough). Looks beautiful and no work till monday because of it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

PaulKK wrote: »
    Why would anyone ever take the M9 to Cork from Kilkenny? It's nowhere near the most direct. Clonmel route isn't great either. Go to Urlingford via Freshford and take the M8. When the roads are clear it's just under 2 hours.

I live in East Cork so it's much of a muchness which route I take. U'd be sick of the M8 anyway driving on it all the time to Dubin!

I considered it but would the R693 not be a bit risky?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

I don't understand how I'm getting away so lightly (so far). I'm 15k north of Cork city and 200m above sea level. We'd get snow a couple of times a year when the city would be bone dry.

You'll likely get some later on by the looks of the systems off the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Going to bed.* Still nothing fresh doing in Firhouse.

*For another night of sleeping with my blinds tipped and one eye open.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Remarkable times, probably will not see the likes of this weather for another couple of decades. Jealous of you cork folk right now. Here in east Cavan last snow shower half an hour ago dumped another few cm' s. About 4-5 inches of a blanket. Currently -5, brrrrrrrr stay safe people!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

We asked for snow in cork and we are getting it! Car just drove into my estate and the back wheens stopped turning all together only front driving. Crazy that epolle are still attempting to drive right now!

Chrongen wrote: »
    Can you explain that to a weather rookie?

Actually looking out it's started again

Shows bands of precipitation (snow) forming over the Irish Sea and heading towards Dublin, deeper red/pink means more intense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

brookers wrote: »
    huh!! met eireann saying dublin going to get plastered....

He's only talking about Irish Sea showers, tomorrow afternoon onwards is a frontal event and won't be effected by the decrease in Irish Sea convective potential

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I heard somebody say the steamer was good for dub laoghaire to Wicklow, does that mean Dublin areas like rathmines rathgar milltown willl miss it ? Thought the streamer looked like it'd hit me :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,415 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Streamer has finally arrived in D18! :D
    Still nothing at all in the racecourse area. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Bit of dusty stuff falling in Sandyford village area.

Still a big lot incoming but a few hours away if it maintains

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

Is there something wrong with Gorey. Every one of these maps have that red ****e going over and under it. What about us?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Bucketing is an understatement on what's happening in Cork City now. Holy god

• Registered Users Posts: 15,201 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Just looked at the radar. Are those showers dying out on the way over towards South Dublin and North Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Hows things looking for South Donegal lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

That real feel!

Smart_Select_Image_2018_02_28_22_17_51.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

Lightening in Cork City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Aimsir

thunder in cork city couth now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Almost -5 outside ennis now and getting windy, but there's no snow to blow around.
    Hopefully we'll get a few cms by morning.

Edit: just had to change the audio, youtube thought the camera recorded quality was too good! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Goose81

Nothing in blackrock , Dublin. According to the live map it should be half way across south Dublin now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Delighted for Cork, they were well overdue a good pasting!

awec wrote: »
    Still nothing at all in the racecourse area. :(

Jesus it's very localised then, I'm by Cabinteely park, so only <2km away?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Thunder now in East Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Message to cork people, post up a few pictures please want to see this madness :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

One of the guys on the tech thread says that's the last of the heavy stuff for the week. Hope he's wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

wakka12 wrote: »
    I heard somebody say the steamer was good for dub laoghaire to Wicklow, does that mean Dublin areas like rathmines rathgar milltown willl miss it ? Thought the streamer looked like it'd hit me :(

Yes looks like ye will be lucky and get away with it. Seems more southerly than were you are

Advertisement