Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLASSIC HITS OR 4FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    That's 3 departures from Classic Hits now in the last few months, PJ & Jim, and Helena who produced the Niall Boylan show left too, or was it a case of her contract was up?

I thought Helena got a new job and left. I thought Niall said she was off to do bigger snd better things

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I thought Helena got a new job and left. I thought Niall said she was off to do bigger snd better things

Yeah, had a Google earlier after I posted, she got a job as producer on Newstalk's early morning show.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

She went to breakfast on newstalk

vince wrote: »
    She went to breakfast on newstalk

Traded Niall Boylan for Ciara Kelly & Shane Coleman...

Now that Sean is gone Kevin picking off the CH jewels. Surprised much, not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

They still havnt mentioned on air this morning who is covering from next week to the first....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I always loved listening to PJ and Jim in the morning - doubt I'll be listening once they make the move as I'm in Cork and it's just easier to have the alarm on to the radio in the morning, so won't be using the app or whatever. It's a shame cos it was a popular show. I'd say they'll lose a lot of listeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I decided to put on PJ and Jim to hear their last show on Classic Hits. It’s a while since I heard them. Jim said that “Magic” Mike Hogan and Tara Duggan will be “holding the fort” for the next couple of weeks.

I decided to put on PJ and Jim to hear their last show on Classic Hits. It’s a while since I heard them. Jim said that “Magic” Mike Hogan and Tara Duggan will be “holding the fort” for the next couple of weeks.

Why are they finishing this week? I missed that part

leahyl wrote: »

From what I've made out from this thread they've been poached/reallocated within Bay Broadcasting. CH ----> Nova

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭KildareP

I wonder will Tara be transferring her live news broadcasts from Classic Hits over to Nova*? There was good on-air interaction between them.

* She does the news on both Nova and Sunshine but it's prerecorded on both of these stations whereas it's read live on Classic Hits.

PJ and Jim will be swapping with Colm Hayes and Lucy Kennedy on Radio Nova as of April 1st. This is the last day of the respective presenters in their current stations.

PJ and Jim will be swapping with Colm Hayes and Lucy Kennedy on Radio Nova as of April 1st. This is the last day of the respective presenters in their current stations.

Oh so they are just taking leave or whatever? I thought they were finishing closer to the 1st. :( Oh well, I think Classic hits will live to regret this!

Sean Ashmore doing an on air good bye now...

Tara and Mike staying with CH...

Oh so they are just taking leave or whatever? I thought they were finishing closer to the 1st. :( Oh well, I think Classic hits will live to regret this!

That's a standard practice when presenters switch stations. It's often referred to as "gardening leave".

That's a standard practice when presenters switch stations. It's often referred to as "gardening leave".

Ah right, I wasn't aware of that :) Aw listening to them now singing away :(

PJ and Jim are signing off with their "unofficial theme tune" I Can Be So Good For You!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

PJ and Jim are signing off with their "unofficial theme tune" I Can Be So Good For You!

Lucky I didn't hear it. I probably would've cried

I will be following the lads to nova. Though I have never listened to that station.

Like Colm Hayes but not Lucy Kennedy.

Overall bad decision imo.

Sean Ashmore doing an on air good bye now...

Tara and Mike staying with CH...

I thought Sean was gone or has his role simply changed?

• Advertisement

Not really the same considering the same management/owners.

The Instagram post on the CH page doesn't have many people positive about the change.

The Instagram post on the CH page doesn't have many people positive about the change.

Swapping 2 of the stations best presenters in PJ & Jim, for Colm & Lucy. I think they've badly read the room with this swap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Cube98

Fair play to Jim McCabe, he must hold a record by now for having presented breakfast on almost every independent station on the FM band in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

What backlash? A few complaining is not a backlash!!!! Sensationalist tabloid story.

The next round of JNLR figures for both stations will certainly be interesting either way. In so far as was the swap a success, or a massive mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

What backlash? A few complaining is not a backlash!!!! Sensationalist tabloid story.

it is, it's just a small one.
    the real one will probably come soon if listeners start turning off which is probably likely.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Yes and no.- they deleted posts and havnt posted a lot about the changes because of the 'feedback they got or would get.

• Advertisement

Cube98 wrote: »
    Fair play to Jim McCabe, he must hold a record by now for having presented breakfast on almost every independent station on the FM band in Dublin

Indeed! 98FM, FM104, Lite FM, Dublin's Country Mix 106.8, Classic Hits and, soon, Radio Nova! Actually, there's a thought. Jim McCabe presented the Strawberry Alarm Clock on FM104 for a spell and now he's swapping with it's original presenter, Colm Hayes! Jim also hosted breakfast on Wicklow's East Coast FM - that's where I first heard him on a breakfast show! At one stage, he was doing the breakfast show on East Coast, followed by the mid-morning show on 106.8 - they were in the same building at that time!

Advertisement