Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and frozen temperatures on the way - as if we had enough traffic chaos already!

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

tabbey wrote:
    It is only this winter that we have had two episodes due to strong easterly and northeasterly winds.

Theres been frequent flooding near dun laoghaire in the recent past. Add to that when I worked in blackrock a few years ago id constantly see waves crashing over the walls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

thomasj wrote: »
    when I worked in blackrock a few years ago id constantly see waves crashing over the walls

But your service continued to operate.This was not the case before the rail level was raised.

Perhaps it may be desirable to plan for a further raising of track to prepare for climate change, but such work would cause more disruption than occasional brief episodes of flooding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

What about the idea of building a 10m high seawall between the line and the footpath. It would be cheaper and cause less disruption than raising the line. It wouldn't block out the view of the sea for walkers or cyclists only for passengers, I think it would be a price worth paying to prevent disruption.

Advertisement