Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Received a few pictures from friends in north-east England and it seems they have had about double what I did in my area today.

Is what they had blowing over to us tomorrow? If it is :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'm back in the IOM Shadow yet again:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Deteriorated significantly again in Maynooth, whatever about the blizzard arriving tomorrow, we've had persistent heavy driving powder snow with strong winds for the past hour. Snow depth rising fast again

Never experienced conditions like this in Ireland!

Nothing in Lucan and we're only a few miles away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

The snow in Cork City is amazing! I was out building a snowman (Jimmy v2 if you remember.. he is looking great as you can see in the image below!) It was only when I started making him that I saw how deep the snow in the grass was, measured it and I was at 5cm in the grass. Then a really heavy shower came and turned the road white, and all the places I used for my snowman were covered up again, and its currently very heavy again. Loving what we are getting out of this so far! Pictures below show Jimmy

6cnYCAQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭secman

s8n wrote: »
    Why not call him that then ??

Humour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

jo06555 wrote: »
    Am I wasting my time looking our for any snow in waterford tonight or will it be hit and miss ?
    dont loose hope

SWrU37Nl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭firemansam4

@Pangea You'll be happy to know donegal was just added to orange warning for Emma. Not the forgotten county anymore

This doesn't really make much sense, there is barely any snow here in Donegal, none setting anywhere Ive seen anyway and nearly all models show that Fridays snow will not be reaching this far north.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

s8n wrote: »
    NAGDEFI wrote: »
    'Plastic Sheeting' on RTE 1 news claiming that the air from Emma is clashing with the Siberian air in Ballycotton!!

The ignorance annoys me... does he not realise the showers are part of the easterly Siberian flow. Emma is not impacting at the moment. Leave the forecasting to the experts. Every commentator on the National Emergency forum is now a meteorologist along with a lot of news commentators. Ridiculous!

plastic sheeting ??
    Pascal sheehy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Cheesus, the graphs over in the technical thread show this all reloading again after the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

secman wrote: »
    Humour

Was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Heavy snow again with a strong wind. Nearly a whiteout in Dublin 5 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

Still nothing but dust here all day on the south Louth coast ... plenty of passing clouds but just dandruff on the ground ... the kids are disgusted !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭arctictree

Amazing, very little snow in Roundwood. The showers seem to be missing us. -3c at the moment and a bitter wind. Right in the middle of lambing at the moment and no sign of good weather to put lambs out....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,211 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Anyone have any ideas on the outlook for South Dublin and Wicklow tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Never thought I'd see the day when Cork got snow and Glencullen didn't...

No I said glencullen got loads last night but showers missed today

• Registered Users Posts: 23,607 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

In the streamer now. Conditions going downhill.....fast

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

whippet wrote: »
    Still nothing but dust here all day on the south Louth coast ... plenty of passing clouds but just dandruff on the ground ... the kids are disgusted !!

You should come down to Meath. Plenty of snow to build an army of snowmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Deaf student

Cork city snow resumed again but snow flakes bit heavier now and slower re motion wind direction in last 30 mins.Somes of the buses wont go up hill just flat roads etc. Made a bigger snowball out of these snow on the footpaths.

Just wondering if there is more to come tmw after 4pm??

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

Anyone have any ideas on the outlook for South Dublin and Wicklow tonight ?
    Wouldn't mind knowing myself. Woke up this morning to a nice bit but nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

Are you talking about Dublin or in general?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,211 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

00benski wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind knowing myself. Woke up this morning to a nice bit but nothing since.

Been pretty quiet since early afternoon. Not seeing much on the radar on net weather either. Just wondering what Kermit etc expect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

the wind is picking up and snow is back here in cork city:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

spookwoman wrote: »
    dont loose hope

SWrU37Nl.png

Ok that looks interesting thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

I assume you mean in a good way? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

arctictree wrote: »
    Amazing, very little snow in Roundwood. The showers seem to be missing us. -3c at the moment and a bitter wind. Right in the middle of lambing at the moment and no sign of good weather to put lambs out....

Surprised that Roundwood escaped so much, then again very little in Bray too.
    That wind though, it cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Deaf student

I was thinking of the wind as they could shift direction re snow... just wondering that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭babyboom

Plenty of snow in Donabate. Showers on and off all day and snowing continuously for past 40 mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

I was thinking of the wind as they could shift direction re snow... just wondering that's all.

To answer your question (I think the two posts were deleted, sorry mods!), yes there is meant to be snow after 4pm and blizzard conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

I get it's hard to predict how much snow we could get but does anybody have a gestimate for how much South Dublin and wickow will get that night? Since met eireann said only 6cm last night and we got a lot more lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭obriener2054

Been pretty quiet since early afternoon. Not seeing much on the radar on net weather either. Just wondering what Kermit etc expect

Nothing here by Kippure estsate all day bar the odd shower of Graaupel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement