Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Snowing away in D15 for a while now... seems from the radar Dublin has another stream going?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭bazlers

Hi Guys
    Just wondering how far North the storm gets tomorrow night/ Friday. Will it get beyond Offaly Kildare sort of line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Never seen anything like this in Galway.

There’s cars parked along the M17 from tuam

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

That streamer from Dublin west is producing a few sparks too: http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Gonzo, and others, who had turned their back on snow, i hope ye have learn't your lesson now:pac:
    I think it's safe to say later tomorrow and Friday will be one to tell the grandkids about. We won't need to hear about the snowy eighties anymore. It'll be I remember 30 years ago on March first 2018...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In Glasnevin, Armeggedon style snow falling, view of houses opposite obsecured. Never saw this in Ireland before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cork seems to be in some sort of streamer, granted its has a few gaps but im not complaining this is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

After getting in under a streamer last night looks like Newbridge and Naas will have to wait its turn tonight to get in on the action :cool:

443515.png

So close, but I am hopeful of more action tonight

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

harr wrote: »
    All down the m7 seems to be stuck between two huge showers

it seems that general area has been the sweet spot for this event so far.

Much of Meath, Louth, Wicklow and Wexford may have to wait for Emma to arrive for substantial falls of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

What website are people getting the snow maps from - I'm searching google and it's only shown newspapers for some reason, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Never seen anything like this in Galway.

There’s cars parked along the M17 from tuam

Same over here near Turloughmore/ClareGalway, freak blizzard out of nowhere, place covered here now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭pad199207

Oh i can see the snow from here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Natibaby

In D24 and no snow falling, only a couple of showers since this morning, wish this streamer would move south, wind in wrong direction

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Deise boii

Any word on what Waterford can expect the next hour or so

Burts Bee wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea how it's looking for north cork?

I think its the only part of Munster and Leinster yet to see snow! Please someone say its comming tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭pad199207

Will the wind change to ENE>Pistolpete we will be back in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Is there any chance of change in wind direction producing more favourable conditions in the South Dublin/North Wicklow area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

After getting in under a streamer last night looks like Newbridge and Naas will have to wait its turn tonight to get in on the action :cool:

443515.png

I’m sure someone has posted but is there a link to the map?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

wind has turned ENE at DL harbour. Lets see if it lasts for a while http://www.dlhweather.com/current-details/

• Advertisement

wakka12 wrote: »
    Is there any chance of change in wind direction producing more favourable conditions in the South Dublin/North Wicklow area?

I hope not! :p The current wind direction is great for us in Cork so far :-D

(Im only messing, if it could vary and we could all get a turn ever two hours or so that would be great eh?)

However it does look like a streamer off the coast will hit south dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,211 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

patneve2 wrote: »
    wind has turned ENE at DL harbour. Lets see if it lasts for a while http://www.dlhweather.com/current-details/

Fingers crossed that brings something into South Dublin and Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

The scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

pad199207 wrote: »
    Will the wind change to ENE>Pistolpete we will be back in business.

ENE in Dun Laoighre Harbour right now
    Www.dlhweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭Heckler

Cork seems to be in some sort of streamer, granted its has a few gaps but im not complaining this is great!

Nothing here by the lough for the last hour. Winds picking up. oops Its belting down !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Complete whiteout conditions again

-2.8C
    Apparent temp -8C

Heckler wrote: »
    Nothing here by the lough for the last hour. Winds picking up.

its been lightly snowing here since the last heavy shower about 30 mins ago in Wilton/Bishopstown area

• Registered Users Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Where do you get em?

This snow event will turn into Bread Wars, and what to do with the leftovers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

I think its the only part of Munster and Leinster yet to see snow! Please someone say its comming tonight.

Wish ppl would pipe down on the excitement and extend a thought to the elderly, farmers and front-line emergency personnel who have to deal with potentially life threatening situations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Samash

Looking at the radar all day and there is snow to our south and north. We are in between all the showers. So frustrating! Hopefully we get in on the action tomorrow/ friday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement