Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Under the streamer hitting north Dublin and it’s intensying over the Sea and getting heavier. Pure whiteout conditions yet again

-2.6C
    10cm accumulated since midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Attachment not found.
    8cm in Athlone and still snowing. It's just fab !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Where are the naysayers?

Read the term 'damp squib' numerous times yesterday..

Not so much today.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Anything heading past waterford anytime soon ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Does look by the radar that things might be going more north easterly again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I can't understand why so many on this thread seem excited by this weather. Really odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Have watched the streamer over N.Dublin miss by no more than a km or two. Been under blue on the radar but nothing really fell at all.

These are the fine margins between getting a few cm and those up the road getting much more. Been very unlucky so far generally with alot of the snow trains just to my north - I'm sure later something will get going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Bray this morning, look to the right

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭prosaic

Frozen squid

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

catrat12 wrote: »
    Seen very little snow in glencullen today but fair bit fell last night so can’t be greedy skies very dark all day really showers keep missing me

Never thought I'd see the day when Cork got snow and Glencullen didn't...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ImThatGuy

MD1990 wrote: »
    I can't understand why so many on this thread seem excited by this weather. Really odd.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

Dunnes stores tralee has just closed its doors. The full carpark then emptied in a matter of minutes.

Incredible scenes.

People literally running for their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

What's not to get excited about, we rarely get snow on the ground, might as well enjoy it when we do. My kids were tiny last time we had decent snow, and next time they'll probably be too old to enjoy making Snow Angels and Snow Men!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

10 degree shift in the wind and us South siders are in business (Dublin), you Cork lot have enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Shower train about 6 km due north of me. Confident I'll get a hefty shower in an hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I lived in Austria for 3 years and am very familiar with snow. But to have 20cm snowfall outside my house in Cork (!), to have a few days off work, go for a walk along a country lane during the respite from the showers and look at some stunning views, to really see nature in action = all of this is pretty exciting imo but whatever floats your boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

People excited by something coming they may only get to experience once in a lifetime. People, eh.

I know, I know, won't somebody think of the children. Hold on and I'll go ask mother nature to turn off the tap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

'Plastic Sheeting' on RTE 1 news claiming that the air from Emma is clashing with the Siberian air in Ballycotton!!

The ignorance annoys me... does he not realise the showers are part of the easterly Siberian flow. Emma is not impacting at the moment. Leave the forecasting to the experts. Every commentator on the National Emergency forum is now a meteorologist along with a lot of news commentators. Ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

10 degree shift in the wind and us South siders are in business (Dublin), you Cork lot have enough :)

Is this expected to happen? I can see clear skies out front and dark clouds out back, a marginal shift would do us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I wonder is it a weather forum for weather enthusiasts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,607 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Snowbie wrote: »
    Under the streamer hitting north Dublin and it’s intensying over the Sea and getting heavier. Pure whiteout conditions yet again

-2.6C
    10cm accumulated since midnight

It's literally meters to my north :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

We shall rename the Anglesea shadow the Anglesea train station

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Sheet white and snowing relentlessly here in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

patneve2 wrote: »
    Shower train about 6 km due north of me. Confident I'll get a hefty shower in an hour or so

Look at the blob coming off Wales

Hopefully sets up a second path

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Outside Swanners window

Anyone heard from Swanner???? Maybe he is snowed in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Blizzard like conditions in South West Laois at the minute. Very windy with persistent downpours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Is this expected to happen? I can see clear skies out front and dark clouds out back, a marginal shift would do us!

Nooo! Would bring the Angelsea shadow into play and would be feck all for any of us, down with that sort of thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

wingnut32 wrote: »
    It will chop and change a bit over the night. Hard to say when or for how long

• Registered Users Posts: 23,607 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The radar on NW is not correct. That streamer is a bit further north than it suggest. In Santry is just to my north.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭odyboody

you are on a site for fans of the weather

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement