Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    'Plastic Sheeting' on RTE 1 news claiming that the air from Emma is clashing with the Siberian air in Ballycotton!!

The ignorance annoys me... does he not realise the showers are part of the easterly Siberian flow. Emma is not impacting at the moment. Leave the forecasting to the experts. Every commentator on the National Emergency forum is now a meteorologist along with a lot of news commentators. Ridiculous!

plastic sheeting ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

North Wales may give us a hand by intensifying those showers. Sometimes happens on the N and S tips of the Isle Man also

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Anyone think the electricity will go tomorow when its gets very windy after 4?

Just I need it for an important piece of work I have to get done tomorow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Been snowing in Edenderry all day. We seem to be in the perfect spot for the Irish sea streamers. It hadn't stopped for the past 30minutes at least from this current shower.

If the snow on Thursday night dumps another 15cm it's going to be pretty epic.

Few pictures of Edenderry power station from a peat locomotive. The bog is beautiful in the snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

s8n wrote: »
    plastic sheeting ??

AKA Paschal Sheehy:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Worked for a few of those. Pretty low

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

I just woke up after a bit of catch up sleep and yes, this is really actually happening still. The stuff of dreams this. Every August since I met my now wife nine years ago i’d say to her in a creepy almost sleezy way “this is the year”...”the year of the blizzard that ends it all”. Can’t believe we still share a bed, actually I can’t believe she hasn’t stabbed or at least poisoned me over the last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

demakinz wrote: »
    Been snowing in Edenderry all day. We seem to be in the perfect spot for the Irish sea streamers. It hadn't stopped for the past 30minutes at least from this current shower.

If the snow on Thursday night dumps another 15cm it's going to be pretty epic.

How about another 15 tonight and 30 tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    AKA Paschal Sheehy:)

Why not call him that then ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭Darwin

Alanhooly wrote: »
    Blizzard like conditions in South West Laois at the minute. Very windy with persistent downpours

Yes there was a nice thaw earlier, but what has melted is getting topped up rapidly. God only knows what tomorrow evening is going to be like as current conditions are a result of streamer activity and not the inbound storm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

_Dara_ wrote: »
    My husband's boss is not closing the office tomorrow either. What an unrepentant money-grubbing arsehole with a lot of disgruntled employees on his hands.

Our company is telling us their open too and if want day off to take holidays. . Money before safety

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

aidanodr wrote: »
    On to there TDs and public reps wondering why they didnt get sufficient warning

or searching for a supermarket that's (a) open and (b) still has stock of bread and milk :D

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

leahyl wrote: »
    This is just unbelievable and to think we haven’t seen the worst of it yet....

It is believable in south Dublin :( barely snowed today since the two inches last night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam Co Galway 28/02/18 it's now -4℃ and it's fairly coming down
    IMAG3092_zpsonk0shk6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'd be very annoyed albeit a little less annoyed than George Sunsnow with the piddling 5cm I got in Bray in the wee hours last night due to the damn winds putting me in the Wales and Anglesey snow shadow all day today.....only for the fact that redemption will likely come from Emma Tomorrow into Friday.

Emma, Don't let me down!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

Calibos wrote: »
    I'd be very annoyed albeit a little less annoyed than George Sunsnow with the piddling 5cm I got in Bray in the wee hours last night due to the damn winds putting me in the Wales and Anglesey snow shadow all day today.....only for the fact that redemption will likely come from Emma Tomorrow into Friday.

Emma, Don't let me down!!! :D

Watch those dewpoints there on the coast! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Deteriorated significantly again in Maynooth, whatever about the blizzard arriving tomorrow, we've had persistent heavy driving powder snow with strong winds for the past hour. Snow depth rising fast again

Never experienced conditions like this in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,607 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Can see the streamer moving slightly south now so the northside of Dublin getting snow soon probably in the next 20 - 25 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Can see the streamer moving slightly south now so the northside of Dublin getting snow soon probably in the next 20 - 25 mins.

Kermit I’m in coolock and I’ve been getting a pasting for the last 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Here she comes

Just started again in D13

MON THE BEAST!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Wind shifting slightly?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,211 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

What are the chances for Southside and Wicklow tonight Kermit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

I am putting all my hope in the accumulation currently over holyhead

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Here she comes

Just started again in D13

MON THE BEAST!

I’m in D13 no snow at the moment. Just wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Latest ECM looking a lot better for the cold to hang on through the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭kingshankly

odyboody wrote: »
    you are on a site for fans of the weather

Not necessarily so the heatwave we had a few years ago had about 30/40 pages snow gers that a week before it hits land😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

The radar on NW is not correct. That streamer is a bit further north than it suggest. In Santry is just to my north.

A strange one Kermit. ME radar also suggests it would be over us in D9. I'm Whitehall and the southern edge of the streamer is literally over my house cloud wise, more broken cloud to my south. We've been in a very unlucky location in D9 thus far, skimmed by everything. Looks better out to sea with more developments south of the current band.

EDIT: snowing now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Is that not very cruel?
    Can't tell whether you're joking or not! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

What are the chances for Southside and Wicklow tonight Kermit ?

Was sick with the disappointment in Wicklow last night, so while things were calm this morning I hopped in the car and headed to the grandparents in Sandyford! Brought enough socks and jocks for a few days, so hopefully the snow won't let me down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Am I wasting my time looking our for any snow in waterford tonight or will it be hit and miss ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement