Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

temple bar cam seems to be down

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Beginning to clear a little now after intense showers for nearly 3 hours now. No good at guessing this sort of stuff but I’d say it’s more than 5cm, very happy with that.

The best snow I’ve seen in years, makes the northwesterlies look like drizzle. Pure white gold. Please god it won’t melt in the spring sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Looking out the window you'd swear we were in Norway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,697 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Thought I saw another flash of lightning there a minute ago but it was just the neighbour directly across the road taking a photo of the snow on his phone from the top bedroom window!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Kerbs have all but disappeared in d24!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Carrigaline, nearer southern coast, is getting lots of snow over night. However it looks like cork city further inland is getting none. Last time city got snow was around 8pm.

It seems carrigaline is under the edge of sno clouds skirting the southern coast and coming from the east.

So extremely localised falls which might need extremely localised differing alert colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Heavy snow here in south laois. I warned people. They didnt listen and now they'll wake up to some sight.

Yeah it's bad in Mevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭glack

Still nothing major in Drogheda but looking at the radar you’d swear we were after getting pelted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Blizzard-ish in Cabra, D7:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Heavy in d15 again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Just got a glimpse of a Rare Arctic Fox Tallaght Dublin :)
    cant link a youtube vid been a long time since i posted here i tried heres the link :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU-Qzl9PCd8

He definitely heard you and was curious...
    cool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Ahhh lads will ya stop. I'm crying into my margarita here... tis watering it down summat terrible ;-)

Glad the dubs are finally getting ya fix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Just back from a walk in D16.

Was real Tom Crean stuff. Main roads are as bad as back roads.
    M50 somehow still running.

There's about 12 cm here and still bucketing down.

Day one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭squarecircles

I love the way snow makes everything look sterile and crisp,in the same way that continental atmosphere makes things look prettier...takes away that manky,depressing grey mouldy aesthetic I associate with irish urban areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

Rougies wrote: »
    A couple of live Dublin cams for anyone not in the snowzone layer right now.

Knocklyon, Dublin 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BOQP8Lked8

Clondalkin, Dublin 22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx1nLUEP6-I

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Wind has died down and visibility is improving. Kerbs almost gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Another reasonably heavy shower now in Bray that I wasn't expecting. BrayHead invisible again. I think me not expecting it was a combination of the Wales Radar seemingly going on the blink on and off meaning the showers only visibly popup when in range of the Dublin Airport Radar and the following:

MAnFN2b.jpg

Seems like the fact that the ENE has arrived again near Wales upstream is giving me the sea fetch from Liverpool to Anglesey and then Anglesey itself isn't presenting much of a Shadow as the streamers pass over it and take their Easterly course across the Irish Sea to me. ie. a Pure Easterly without that bend would have half the sea fetch.

I definitely lose the streamers come 11am tomorrow though when Windy.com says I have an Easterly with a small southerly component.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

D4
    P7eTDCC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

glack wrote: »
    Still nothing major in Drogheda but looking at the radar you’d swear we were after getting pelted!!

Dundalk got it GOOD.
    But remember this is only THE START

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I JUST LOOKED OUTSIDE

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Not a flake in Wexford

Where bouts are u ive had quite a bit in the new ross area

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

Lads an expat for 16 years living in florida and i'm Jelous of all you ****s back home, been following this for a few days, wonderful, a lot of snow on the way and a lot of folks are going to wake up in the am and be like WTF.

I'ts 9:33pm my side, keeping an eye on things, enjoy all, missing home big time right now, I'm watching every webcam I can right now, stay warm and safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Is. Wicklow town due anything before the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dublinlady1513

Oh my days!
    This is the best day of my life already! I want to smash a big pie in the faces of all people who doubted this weather yesterday.
    Dublin 11 and bucketing down, can't see the footpaths anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Lads an expat for 16 years living in florida and i'm Jelous of all you ****s back home, been following this for a few days, wonderful, a lot of snow on the way and a lot of folks are going to wake up in the am and be like WTF.

I'ts 9:33pm my side, keeping an eye on things, enjoy all, missing home big time right now, I'm watching every webcam I can right now, stay warm and safe.

This ones for you, Downpatrick Road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭bassy

D.Q wrote: »
    Is. Wicklow town due anything before the morning?

Ye Miley and biddy

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

Snow is on par with my neighbours roof racks on their car! Blizzard conditions D14

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Off topic but that is some commute! Fair play
    abacus120 wrote: »
    Was just thinking the same!

It's a crazy commute day after day but it's a job.
    sdanseo wrote: »
    I'm surprised there isn't a Dublin Coach special up the Sally Gap this week the way they drive on the N7. Horrific driving. You'd think they'd stolen them.

I always think that and the same about JJ Kavanagh drivers - I think they watch too much Ice Road Truckers and programmes like that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I don't think most businesses in Dublin were expecting Wednesday to be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Vxlks wrote: »
    Snow is on par with my neighbours roof racks on their car! Blizzard conditions D14

Yep no let up here at all! Looks like a slight shift more North east again in wind based on latest radar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement