Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Capel Street looking like Zurich right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

tiegan wrote: »
    This thread is brill at this time of night, only the hardcore snow enthusiasts left, not a troll in sight, and a blizzard on the horizon - one of the advantages of working nights, even if I work outdoors freezing my ***s off !!

Or insomniacs life me who were brought to the thread by the sight from their window! ;-)

More than I was expecting here in Grand Canal Dock and the night is not over. It looks nice but will paradise the road network!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Double post... I'll just say very low visibility to give this post a meaningful purpose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Wexford wicklow boarder and I see the snow is on the way here according to met radar. We have about 2cm lying here since early this evening but it has since frozen and the road outside is like glass. And now have a sick 2 year old. Thought I was all prepared but hoping to be able to get out in the morning for doctors trip. The joys of rural living where there's no such thing as road gritters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Cabra, D7 @ 3am:

39633075405_6fb3000932_h.jpgDSC_0816

Let's play "Spot the Road":

25657793297_8ed56acca6_h.jpgDSC_0818

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

will be a snow day in dublin methinks

Relentless and it's piling up. Hard to differentiate the snowfall from the drifting at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

This is the heaviest snow I have ever seen in this country. Far worse than any in 2010.

This is insane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Footprints getting covered quite quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Chrongen wrote: »
    Capel Street looking like Zurich right now.

Didn't realise Zurich had become so run down and tatty,shAme it was a beautiful city in its day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

So jealous. ****ing bastard wicklow town is crystal clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Car just drove up the road, no sign of the tracks, thats when ye know its settling

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

All these trains heading for Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Daz9716

This is insane

I agree it's mental , easily 8 cm now here in rathfarnham, hope the power doesn't go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Rougies

A couple of live Dublin cams for anyone not in the snowzone layer right now.

Knocklyon, Dublin 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BOQP8Lked8

Clondalkin, Dublin 22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx1nLUEP6-I

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I don't know what the situation is in other parts of Dublin but the situation here near Santry is going downhill fast.

No way schools open.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭mallards

Wicklow gap will be impassable in the morning. I've around seven inches of snow here at the minute and it's still piling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

Is this forecast to keep falling like this till the morning or will it get heavier before than in the city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

3:20am and the sky looks like daytime over Dublin, never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

8cm + here in D14 now, still relentless. This is a great week already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Do people think we are getting enough for a red warning when the met service wakes up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

I don't know what the situation is in other parts of Dublin but the situation here near Santry is going downhill fast.

No way schools open.

Swords in the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I'd say there's close to 10cm here in Dublin 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Just got an update from near Kill Village = 4-5cm now on the ground with just about one lane on the nearby M7 passable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭bassy

Not the heaviest snow I've seen here in north kk and it's no where near 2010 yet.couple of cms here now and it's lightly snowing as I speak.but could be a different kettle of fish come the morning and the next day or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ben36

Belting down in Finglas.The kids will be so happy when they wake in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Given the reports on here for Dublin and commuter belt areas surely any commute by early morning is going to be chaotic at this stage.

Can definitely see a Red warning by lunchtime

Those who have to travel stay safe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Rumble of thunder in Ringsend. :eek:

I work there. Can you tell me what it's like there please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

There will actually be a foot down by morning if this keeps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭starburst87

Not a flake in Wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

No let up at all and more to come. Intensity at insane level.
    This is on a par with Jan 1987 and that was epic.

Edit: now a massive shower of hail in the mix. Thought the windows bout to implode.

How can one miss out on all this fun

Temp -1.7C
    Dp only deadly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement