Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

pad199207 wrote: »
    Ya mean hardcore gob****es :D

Snowys, Gob****es all the same :P

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Very heavy snowfall now in Drimnagh with graupel, visibility is low too. Maybe to the end of the block. I can no longer make out the footpath edge too which means its close to a half foot.

Edit: half foot not foot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

South Cork. Deep snow. Surprised only a yellow for there. Been snowing lots there all evening/night.

It was probably difficult to predict. South and West Cork seem to be getting lots of snow from streamers that are skimming along the South coast under Waterford. All have complete missed the city. Looks like Carrigaline is getting a big hit where as the city 10 miles north hasn't seen anything since 8PM. Very localized.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

I remember in 2010 at the beginning of the snow someone made a snow map and mapped out all the places that people posted as having snow.  Can't remember did he do the depth too.  

I'm supposed to drop my son to the bus in a bit over two hours in KK town heading to central Dublin and from there he goes to Rathgar for work and then back again in the evening to catch the bus from the quays home to Kilkenny.  What are the chances of him being stranded in Dublin?  Should he miss the day's wages and stay put in bed?  

Thoughts, please? :)

Stay in bed man... going to get crazy as the night progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Proper blizzard in D24 now!!! Howling wind graupel and snow being lashed around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Monasterevin getting bombarded right now and it's deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

Just got a glimpse of a Rare Arctic Fox Tallaght Dublin :)
    cant link a youtube vid been a long time since i posted here i tried heres the link :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU-Qzl9PCd8

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

lightning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

THUNDERSNOW IN D14! :D heaviest I've seen all night, adding a cm every 10 mins I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Could swear I saw a flash of lightning just there in south Dublin but not completely sure.

Edit:
    Looks like I wasn't the only one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Whiteout again in D5! Heavy snow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Rumble of thunder in Ringsend. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

It was probably difficult to predict. South and West Cork seem to be getting lots of snow from streamers that are skimming along the South coast under Waterford. All have complete missed the city. Looks like Carrigaline is getting a big hit where as the city 10 miles north hasn't seen anything since 8PM. Very localized.

Yes but it's been ongoing ever since early evening so wouldn't be hard to update it. Anyway not complaining just saying I'm surprised they didn't update to orange for the southern tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Bucketing down again, this is insane how incessant it is.
    Complete whiteout again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Ah Memories. Haven't seen BrayHead on a moonless cloudy night at 3am since 2010. ie. With the snow cover and reflected light from the Town of Bray, BrayHead is lit up and visible.

Anyway. 75 minutes of high intensity snow there for Bray ended about 15 minutes ago leaving about 5cm.

If Windy.com is correct I'll be in the Wales shadow fropm now till about 5am because the wind veers Easterly but should be back in the game from 5am till 10am as the wind swings back ENE. Then for the next 12 hours till 10pm Wednesday Night back into the Wales Shadow. As long as theres no thaw, I can definitely see Bray Seafront with at least 6 inches by Thursday Night/Friday Morning and we'll see if Emma adds anything to that total

If the snow is expected to blow around surely a red warning will be issued? Lightning now too!

Edit: another flash at 3:08am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Visibility 20-50m, never seen anything like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

Woke up to go to the jacks, looked out the window expecting nothing in the city centre. It's only beautiful outside :) I feel like a big kid haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Heavy snow here in south laois. I warned people. They didnt listen and now they'll wake up to some sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Feel sorry for whoever has to drive this road first this morning:

443282.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Calibos wrote: »
    Ah Memories. Haven't seen BrayHead on a moonless cloudy night at 3am since 2010. ie. With the snow cover and reflected light from the Town of Bray, BrayHead is lit up and visible.

Anyway. 75 minutes of high intensity snow there for Bray ended about 15 minutes ago leaving about 5cm.

If Windy.com is correct I'll be in the Wales shadow fropm now till about 5am because the wind veers Easterly but should be back in the game from 5am till 10am as the wind swings back ENE. Then for the next 12 hours till 10pm Wednesday Night back into the Wales Shadow. As long as theres no thaw, I can definitely see Bray Seafront with at least 6 inches by Thursday Night/Friday Morning and we'll see if Emma adds anything to that total

Haha how is bray getting it amd wicklow hasn't seen a flake all night. Don't we deserve snow? Do we not bleed?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Visibility 20-50m, never seen anything like this!

Same here now. Insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

jds0ur wrote: »
    From the sounds of things in this thread I won't be landing in Dublin tomorrow afternoon. ��
    I'm getting seriously worried now

Never say never, flights were landing all evening/night during the snow, they're a lot more equipped than 2010
    I hope your right dude. And I hope the pilot has some serious skills to deal with the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This is the heaviest snow I have ever seen in this country. Far worse than any in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Haha this is great craic isnt it, all us guys in bed drinking strong cider and no jobs. Eh guys??? Hahah G-guys????????????

Thunder, lightning, blizzard and blowing snow in D5. Perfect. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

This is the heaviest snow I have ever seen in this country. Far worse than any in 2010.

will be a snow day in dublin methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Any drifting? If so any pics of it ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Bout 4 to 5 cm give or take here in dalkey. Great event so far. This is pure powder guys. Heavy snizzle now

• Advertisement

On my road, there is so much snow that if it keeps on going for a few more minutes, you won't be able to make out the road anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement