Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Some of them are rain!!! :(

All snow according to Netweather Radar :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

irishfeen wrote: »
    Met Office in UK forecasting front turning to rain over the southern half of the country on Friday :(

And that's definitely a possibility.
    But still only a possibility.

And it would still mean an ungodly event for those north of the rain line.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,212 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Nothing about a thaw either, but fully correct about the blizzard tbf.

However, other users are just blatantly making up lies. It's getting really tiring at this stage and really taking from the enjoyment of the thread.

Sorry when I say thaw I mean slightly warmer over the weekend which they said is possible but far from guaranteed.
    I agree about the lies it's getting very very annoying. If you came on here for the first time you'd think there's nothing much coming

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

Light snow now in Dunshaughlin.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

pad199207 wrote: »
    All snow according to Netweather Radar :(

Shoeburyness (a couple of miles down the coast from Southend) reporting light rain at 1900.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

The problem is, the longer we don't have loads of snow, people are less inclined to believe there will be loads of snow, complacency sets in, the "see, what was all the fuss about" mentality will kick in until wham!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

Temps stuck at 1c, dont think there will be a frost here tonight if the cloud sticks around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The dynamic is changing in here now...becoming a lot more negative in terms of the likelihood of a good snow event and it’s making me sad :-( I think I’m just gonna see what unfolds and take a break from here - it’s not good for my heart :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭thomasj

DOCARCH wrote:
    Some of them are rain!!!

Netweather are reporting lightening strike off the south east coast

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

....get hurt going out to stockpile foods....

:confused: Riots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Ballymun dublin 07/01/82
    IMAG11000_zpszgmmo5hw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

m17 wrote: »
    Ballymun dublin 07/01/82

Ooh, where did you find this picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

So it's rain for Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ballymun dublin 07/01/82

Looks like somewhere behind the Iron Curtain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭squarecircles

• Registered Users Posts: 30 newinvestor

:confused: Riots?

or just making unnecessary journey's .

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Light snow currently in swords co dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

jasper100 wrote: »
    How is it enjoyment at this stage?

Its all starting to implode. We might get a blizzard for a few hours on Thursday night / Friday but a thaw will sweep in behind it. A bit of chaos that won't last much longer than it took me to write this post.

If it was projected to last on the ground for a few days then people might knock a bit of craic out of it.

The forecast hasn't changed at all, Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday will have widespread snow showers with proper ice days on Wednesday and Thursday. Yet this is completely been ignored, people are making up blatant lies and all the focus is on a highly volatile system on Friday.

The only thing that's going to implode is myself.

Current GFS has it passing over the country with no rain or next to none. Why is this being ignored?

And rest assured, air temperatures often don't rise too quick when you've 20 of snow on the ground.

I feel for the mods here and thank them for their great job. It's likely extremely fustrating to have to deal with such poor contributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

Ballymun dublin 07/01/82
    Great photo. I've vague memories of that snowfall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Or you could make a reasoned argument why he's talking nonsense & not resort to censorship.

I have been.

You just missed them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Yep agree with JCX BXC this thread is becoming very annoying for posters who are actually interested in the upcoming severe cold spell and there is those little few trolls that come in and ruin it for everyone. Safe to say tomorrow night is looking very nice, for me in anyways

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Think i'll take my mat in now that 2cm's of snow are unlikely and just a bit of rain , hate to say I told you's so , forget looking at charts the reason we are not getting buried in snow is the same reason it doesn't happen every other year at this time, you can look at charts till the cows come home .

How do you explain what happened in 1947 then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

Some of them are rain!!! :(

Is that the dreaded downgrade?

So it's rain for Friday?

You've genuinely picked the negatives from the positive in every few pages over the last few days. I again urge you to actually read the forecasts and what people post.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

No.

No it is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭squarecircles

saffron22 wrote: »
    Great photo. I've vague memories of that snowfall

Looks like Soviet Russia or 80s rock band album cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Ah for god sake, stop mentioning the word downgrade. You'll start world war 3 in here by doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭policy75

Sorry when I say thaw I mean slightly warmer over the weekend which they said is possible but far from guaranteed.
    I agree about the lies it's getting very very annoying. If you came on here for the first time you'd think there's nothing much coming
    what has been said on the technical thread time and again is that you simply can see only so far into the future and at the moment that would seem to be upto Friday. Who is likely to win the Storm Emma vs Siberian Tiger fight cannot be determined until closer to the weigh-in. It could be the case that when the hit each other we get an absolute snowmageddon as they fight it out. As to who wins, that can't be determined as of now. Maybe the Siberian sticks he claws in or maybe she whimpers her long way back to Siberia. All will unfold. What are assured of is a decent snowfest that has the potential of becoming a serious snowmageddon. And to be honest, while I like snow as much as the next man, I'm not sure I would like the end results if Siberia knocks out our poor little Emma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

Ballymun dublin 07/01/82

Looks like only a couple of inches there. My experience of the major snowfall of 1982 is of 2 - 3 feet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement