Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Worldwide Handicap System

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Brusna

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Not finding that on page 34 or anywhere nearby. :confused:

Sorry it’s page 35

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

gypsy79 wrote: »
    But the ones he is talking about were processed and and are now not processed/ I have some too. Only one would be in my 20
    I haven't read back, but what I outlined is how they go from unprocessed to processed. I'm also assuming this is on GolfNet. They can go back to unprocessed if the away club re-opens and then closes the competition again.

Brusna wrote: »
    Sorry it’s page 35
    I looked there too. I'll have another look, but there was just an example comp there iirc.

Edit: Found it:
    Note: Playing Handicap calculations may use either the rounded integer CH, or the full value of the CH at machine precision, in GB&I England, Wales and Ireland direct that the rounded Course Handicap be used, whilst Scotland direct that the full value of the Course Handicap be used.The examples that follow will use the rounded Course Handicap.

That document is dated September 2020. Something must have changed because the HM screenshot shows a full value CH and Golfgraffix was told (I assume) by HM that only Ireland are going with the rounded integer CH.

The plot thickens...

I looked there too. I'll have another look, but there was just an example comp there iirc.

I also got it the wrong way around, I’ve edited my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tobello

Thanks for the responses. Thing is that it was processed and was showing as processed on master scoreboard along with golfnet until sunday night...

Ill contact the HC Sec next week to upload.

• Advertisement

Edit: Found it:

That document is dated September 2020. Something must have changed because the HM screenshot shows a full value CH and Golfgraffix was told (I assume) by HM that only Ireland are going with the rounded integer CH.

The plot thickens...

At the end of the day it’s not important at the moment as it can only have an affect on the results of a competition of which there are none.

I’m sure it will be sorted by the time we get back playing.

Brusna wrote: »
    At the end of the day it’s not important at the moment as it can only have an affect on the results of a competition of which there are none.

I’m sure it will be sorted by the time we get back playing.
    Ah yeah, it's just us being pointy pencils about it. There will be little or no interest in it when we start playing again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Spoke with my contact at GUI and it is the intiger for Ireland. I am not 100% sure about the other unions.

Spoke with my contact at GUI and it is the intiger for Ireland. I am not 100% sure about the other unions.

That’s fair enough but I suspect until we see it documented in an official GUI document it could be subject to change.

It’s fair to say I’m hoping it’s the calculated value as I’d find that easier to use but I accept that’s other’s will be happier with the double rounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭CFG92

Having unions make their own adjustments to the system surely defeats the purpose somewhat of having a one Global Handicap System. Between the rounding issue and having two different ways to calculate the course handicap (with/without course rating minus par), it isn't really the true unified handicap system that we all thought it would be. If the USGA/R&A insisted that all countries apply exactly the same rules to handicapping it would be better overall I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 chef89

Hi
    I logged on to the Golf Ireland website on Saturday. Put in my GUI no and pin, got the verification e-mail, created my own password, logged in no problem.
    i tried to log in today. " We don't recognise the membership number you entered." So i entered my e-mail and it said that there is already an account registered to this e-mail address.

Does anyone know what my problem is?

thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

CFG92 wrote: »
    Having unions make their own adjustments to the system surely defeats the purpose somewhat of having a one Global Handicap System. Between the rounding issue and having two different ways to calculate the course handicap (with/without course rating minus par), it isn't really the true unified handicap system that we all thought it would be. If the USGA/R&A insisted that all countries apply exactly the same rules to handicapping it would be better overall I think.

You could say that the "handicapping system" IS the same across the unions, as it uses adjusted gross, slope and course rating to calculate HI. So your HI is portable to any country that uses WHS.

The Course Handicap and Playing Handicap are ways of determining how to run competitions and use the WHS HI as an input.

So while each union decides how it uses the HI to run competitions, they all calculate the HI in the same way.

But yeah, its a bit daft.

chef89 wrote: »
    Hi
    I logged on to the Golf Ireland website on Saturday. Put in my GUI no and pin, got the verification e-mail, created my own password, logged in no problem.
    i tried to log in today. " We don't recognise the membership number you entered." So i entered my e-mail and it said that there is already an account registered to this e-mail address.

Does anyone know what my problem is?

thank you.
    Try in a different browser or clear all cookies for Golf Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chef89

Try in a different browser or clear all cookies for Golf Ireland.

Thanks. I tried that but no joy. Not that there's any panic on me just curious i'm sure it will sort itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

So my record does not match my golfnet in that I had one result from my home course not included and 4 unprocessed away scores missing.

Who do I contact to rectify, is it the club?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

slingerz wrote: »
    So my record does not match my golfnet in that I had one result from my home course not included and 4 unprocessed away scores missing.

Who do I contact to rectify, is it the club?

Were any of them NR in a strokes comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Seve OB wrote: »
    Were any of them NR in a strokes comp?

Yea a couple of them were, that make a difference?

slingerz wrote: »
    Yea a couple of them were, that make a difference?

I know of a few people who have the same across a few golf clubs, here and personally.
    I’ve yet to hear of anyone who has a score like this being included in their golf Ireland list of scores.
    So it seems to be a problem across the board

I know of a few people who have the same across a few golf clubs, here and personally.
    I’ve yet to hear of anyone who has a score like this being included in their golf Ireland list of scores.
    So it seems to be a problem across the board

I have 3 NR's missing from my most recent 20 scores as well so it seems to be a general problem. I thought they would have it factored in like stableford where the hole you NR on is calculated as a Nett Double Bogey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I have 3 NR's missing from my most recent 20 scores as well so it seems to be a general problem. I thought they would have it factored in like stableford where the hole you NR on is calculated as a Nett Double Bogey.

You didn’t enter cards. They shouldn’t be included and you will need explain your reason under new system

I never NR. 3 in last 20 rounds is an abuse

• Advertisement

You didn’t enter cards. They shouldn’t be included and you will need explain your reason under new system

Where did I say that I didn't enter cards? My cards were submitted and complete with an NR on a single hole each time for various reasons.

Thanks for your feedback though.

What a stupid statement.

What a stupid statement.

It is not. I know tonnes of people who NR all the time to keep their handicap artificially low. It also hugely effects the PCC calculation if it is regularly happening especially if the culprits are low handicappers

It is not. I know tonnes of people who NR all the time to keep their handicap artificially low. It also hugely effects the PCC calculation if it is regularly happening especially if the culprits are low handicappers

Are you confusing a NR with a no score recorded ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I see a change on masterscoreboard today.

I can no longer see my handicap history.

Also clicking "Handicap List" gives "Sorry! Regulation prevents this information being displayed"

I think this is a transition thing. But is there some new regulation which prevents me from looking up other players handicaps?

Are you confusing a NR with a no score recorded ?

Assume NR is no return which is not entering a score?

Assume NR is no return which is not entering a score?

A NR is most often comes up in medal play, where a player has not entered a score on a hole or holes but has returned a card.

A no score recorded is where a a player has signed in but not returned a card. This is how handicapmaster identifies it

In my club if you have not returned a card you cannot win or place in your next competition, do it twice and it increases to the next 3 comps.

A NR is most often comes up in medal play, where a player has not entered a score on a hole or holes but has returned a card.

A no score recorded is where a a player has signed in but not returned a card. This is how handicapmaster identifies it

In my club if you have not returned a card you cannot win or place in your next competition, do it twice and it increases to the next 3 comps.
    The problem is that HM also sticks NR beside a strokeplay return where a hole isn't completed or scratched. The correct procedure is to override that when closing the comp and making it a DQ under rule 3.3c. It seems that the data transfer is dropping NRs where they should have been DQs and the missing hole(s) entered at NDB. It's an error a lot of H/Secs make and really should be corrected.

That is a great idea. I have agreed to go on our committee next year looking after all our teams. This is something I will be stealing immediately

I want to punish people who dont turn up too and this might be good option compared to my previous club where you were banned from playing for a week in the corresponding comp

Right I didnt get the difference. But I still think I stand by the fact that this happen three times in 20 rounds (if all were strokes) is careless at best. I dont think I have never had this happen. One round where I definitely made the buffer I had a 10, 11 and a 13. I may even have got a small cut

• Advertisement

I want to punish people who dont turn up too and this might be good option compared to my previous club where you were banned from playing for a week in the corresponding comp

Most clubs on our system address that with the purse. If you dont cancel before a certain time, you dont get your money back. BRS have the same functionality.

Advertisement