Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Worldwide Handicap System

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

prawnsambo wrote: »
    The problem is that HM also sticks NR beside a strokeplay return where a hole isn't completed or scratched. The correct procedure is to override that when closing the comp and making it a DQ under rule 3.3c. It seems that the data transfer is dropping NRs where they should have been DQs and the missing hole(s) entered at NDB. It's an error a lot of H/Secs make and really should be corrected.

Agreed, in HM there is very simply function to DQ somebody with a note. I'd blame the Comp Sec tough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I see a change on masterscoreboard today.

I can no longer see my handicap history.

Also clicking "Handicap List" gives "Sorry! Regulation prevents this information being displayed"

I think this is a transition thing. But is there some new regulation which prevents me from looking up other players handicaps?

This is not a transition thing. Master Scoreboard (and other similar approved vendors) will be used to process results / enter scores but will not be displaying anyones handicap from here on. WHS now own this data and it will be available on your Golf Ireland page only. So I've been told anyway.

This is not a transition thing. Master Scoreboard (and other similar approved vendors) will be used to process results / enter scores but will not be displaying anyones handicap from here on. WHS now own this data and it will be available on your Golf Ireland page only. So I've been told anyway.

This is correct. Golf Ireland under WHS pretty much own your handicap, they have forbidden any 3rd party access to show this. This inlcudes our ClubNet product, Masterscoreboard and Howdidido.

This is not the case in the other Union areas, in England you can still see all your data in your club app or where ever your club posts it.

We have 68,000 club golfers on ClubNet and our support over the past 4 days has been mainly, "where is my handicap history gone ?". Some very unhappy Club Managers.

I think what makes this a little hard to swallow is that Golf Ireland have levied every club via their software provider an additional yearly fee to connect to Golf Ireland. So clubs are esentialy paying extra to NOT see their own data !!!

J

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Shame.

I always enjoyed having a nosy on MastersScoreboard at other peoples handicaps and how they'd been playing recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

gypsy79 wrote: »
    But I still think I stand by the fact that this happen three times in 20 rounds (if all were strokes) is careless at best. I dont think I have never had this happen. One round where I definitely made the buffer I had a 10, 11 and a 13. I may even have got a small cut

There is nothing wrong And nothing careless with this at all. Do you really think people need to try and scramble a 10, 11 or 13 on the 17th or must they head back to the tee to play another ball when they can’t find their ball but are already way out of it in both situations. I think you need to be realistic, this might not be something that happens with a lot of good golfers, but get into Handicaps in the teens and up and it is quite likely it happens in a high percentage of rounds. Unlike yourself, the majority of golfers don’t finish out for their 13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I think what makes this a little hard to swallow is that Golf Ireland have levied every club via their software provider an additional yearly fee to connect to Golf Ireland. So clubs are esentialy paying extra to NOT see their own data !!!

J

That’s shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jp101

Folks
    A little help for a confused golfer if possible. I have spent some time trying to understand the calculation of the score differential and I have to admit I’m lost. The first score the system shows me is the following.
    Cr 72.1
    Slope 125
    Adj gross 87
    PCC 1
    I thought the calculation was (adj gross -pcc - cr) x (113/125) which would be 12.56 but it returns 11.6.
    Any clarity would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭padmcv

jp101 wrote: »
    Folks
    A little help for a confused golfer if possible. I have spent some time trying to understand the calculation of the score differential and I have to admit I’m lost. The first score the system shows me is the following.
    Cr 72.1
    Slope 125
    Adj gross 87
    PCC 1
    I thought the calculation was (adj gross -pcc - cr) x (113/125) which would be 12.56 but it returns 11.6.
    Any clarity would be appreciated.

Check if your last 20 scores are like this (if you have that many) & then if score #21 is right? If so, it is an adjustment (of -1.0) applied by the club.

I have the same issue but mine is -2.0.
    I got an email back from Golf Ireland to say that's what it was and it is the club that apply that adjustment.

Contacted the HC secretary to ask about it but he hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Oh, I didn't know that.

But in order to print the stickers and calculate results it will need to query WHS to get our handicaps.

And when displaying results will we still see the handicap indicated like:
    PabloAndRoy 36pts (24).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

J
    Are you sure? I spoke to someone on our committee and he told me they had view to all the clubs handicap data via Golf Ireland

I was under the understanding that they would have better access to members info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jr90

I only got my handicap back in Sept which was 18. Played in about 8 competition since and never shot under par. Handicap has gone down to 14.5 which seems a bit much?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jp101

padmcv wrote: »
    Check if your last 20 scores are like this (if you have that many) & then if score #21 is right? If so, it is an adjustment (of -1.0) applied by the club.

I have the same issue but mine is -2.0.
    I got an email back from Golf Ireland to say that's what it was and it is the club that apply that adjustment.

Contacted the HC secretary to ask about it but he hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

Thanks for that. It’s the same issue then as looking at my other scores they are all 1 off. I’ll check with the club then.

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Are you sure? I spoke to someone on our committee and he told me they had view to all the clubs handicap data via Golf Ireland

I was under the understanding that they would have better access to members info

What I mean, that as a member you can longer see your Handicap or Handicap history, anywhere else other than Golf Ireland. Where up to last week it was more than likely on your website, in your clubs app (if they have one) and in Masterscoreboard or Howdidido.

This is not the case elsewhere, my own opinion is that the club are paying an additional fee to Golf Ireland to link to WHS, they should be able to give access to members in their own platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

What I mean, that as a member you can longer see your Handicap or Handicap history, anywhere else other than Golf Ireland. Where up to last week it was more than likely on your website, in your clubs app (if they have one) and in Masterscoreboard or Howdidido.

This is not the case elsewhere, my own opinion is that the club are paying an additional fee to Golf Ireland to link to WHS, they should be able to give access to members in their own platforms.

I think its ridiculous that you cant see other members handicap indexes. What is the problem with that which inspired them to take that away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

jr90 wrote: »
    I only got my handicap back in Sept which was 18. Played in about 8 competition since and never shot under par. Handicap has gone down to 14.5 which seems a bit much?

You would need to give a little bit more information. Your courses rating, slope and your scores would be a good starting point (stableford probably easiest)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Not sure if his has been posted already, but the Golf Ireland app is now available on the Google Play store. Haven't looked at Apple, because... Apple ;)

slingerz wrote: »
    I think its ridiculous that you cant see other members handicap indexes. What is the problem with that which inspired them to take that away.

Its worse than that, you cant see your own, you have to go to Golf Ireland

Not sure if his has been posted already, but the Golf Ireland app is now available on the Google Play store. Haven't looked at Apple, because... Apple ;)

It is indeed ...

You can search your club members there and see their handicaps.

Edit: you can also seardch other clubs and see members' HIs but not their history.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭paulos53

I downloaded the app and it looks good. The course handicap calculator is handy as it just requires a course selection instead of inputting slope ratings

The downside is that my round history does not display the score differential. Only the adjusted gross.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Its worse than that, you cant see your own, you have to go to Golf Ireland

We can see our own and others on club website and own via IG app. Can’t see history, but otherwise, pretty much same as before.

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    We can see our own and others on club website and own via IG app. Can’t see history, but otherwise, pretty much same as before.

Can you tell me what club ? IG took legal action in the UK and won i believe. I know of at least 1 IG Club here that have already complained to the GUI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Can you tell me what club ? IG took legal action in the UK and won i believe. I know of at least 1 IG Club here that have already complained to the GUI.

Who’s IG?

etxp wrote: »
    Who’s IG?

Intelligent Golf. One of the licensed software suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Shame.

I always enjoyed having a nosy on MastersScoreboard at other peoples handicaps and how they'd been playing recently.

Me too.. Helps when you are managing club teams and you can keep up with players scores and performances

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

So we are saying the golf Ireland app is out now on Google Play but not on Apple, correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,794 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Does the app apply the 95%?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Does the app apply the 95%?

No, it calculates your Course Handicap for all tees in Ireland, 18 hole and 9 hole.

You apply the 95% for singles stroke/Stableford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

what app?

Anyone having any trouble getting into the App this morning? Thought it was a password issue but still have the same problem 'an unknown error occurred' is the message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

What is it called in the Play Store please?

Advertisement