Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland Betting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Bray DnB @ 2.1 is a good price, adding Dundalk to that is 2.8 but I might take them -0.75 instead once the market goes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Little value this week - will post this evening our bets.

Stuck with Bray DnB and Dundalk win @ 2.33

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***
    Tough set of fixtures this week so we're just going with one bet. Bottom two face off in Galway this evening, Galway should be picking up more points that they have done while Wexford were always expected to be weak. Galway put up a good fight last week but two sending offs hampered there chances of leaving Dublin with a point. They'll be without both suspended players this evening including their captain at least but with pressure surely mounting on Alan Murphy they need a win here. Colin Kelly and Donal Higgins return to contention following international duty with the Irish Schools team which is a plus.

Galway -0.25 Asian @ 1.90 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small Stake

Stuck with Bray DnB and Dundalk win @ 2.33
    Seemed like a good idea at the time :D

• Advertisement

Tough set of fixtures this week so we're just going with one bet. Bottom two face off in Galway this evening, Galway should be picking up more points that they have done while Wexford were always expected to be weak. Galway put up a good fight last week but two sending offs hampered there chances of leaving Dublin with a point. They'll be without both suspended players this evening including their captain at least but with pressure surely mounting on Alan Murphy they need a win here. Colin Kelly and Donal Higgins return to contention following international duty with the Irish Schools team which is a plus.

Galway -0.25 Asian @ 1.90 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small Stake

An absolute landmine of a weekend for betting but Galway win 2-0. :cool:

Going to the FAI Junior and Intermediate Cup finals on Saturday, might take the draw in Sheriff and Michael's and Crumlin in 90 minutes @ 5.7
    I'm not that knowledgeable of Intermediate football so may change the second leg of the acca.

Two bets this weekend - tough set of fixtures. We talked about Cork -1 AH but omitted it from our bets - maybe worth a look in play. No time for write up this week but the 3 of us discussed the bets in detail today.

Derry -0.25 Asian @ 1.80 (Bet365/Asia) - Small/Med Stake

Shelbourne -1.25 Asian @ 1.85 (Bet365/Asia) - Small/Med Stake

Two bets this weekend - tough set of fixtures. We talked about Cork -1 AH but omitted it from our bets - maybe worth a look in play. No time for write up this week but the 3 of us discussed the bets in detail today.

Derry -0.25 Asian @ 1.80 (Bet365/Asia) - Small/Med Stake

Shelbourne -1.25 Asian @ 1.85 (Bet365/Asia) - Small/Med Stake

Two half losses... Lorcan Fitz misses a peno for us the second week running :o

Just the one bet this week as it's a decent sized stake - may be a bet on Saturday odds depending. Second from bottom UCD host second from top Shamrock Rovers. Rovers form has turned into very hit and miss lately but this is a game they'll want to get things back on track and to stay level on points with Dundalk while trying to close the goal difference gap. UCD on the other hand, come into this on the back of 6 loses, scoring just 1 goal and conceding a massive 15 goals including 3 against bottom placed Finn Harps 2 weeks ago. No team news at this moment.

Shamrock Rovers -1.25 @ 1.80 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Med/Large Stake

• Advertisement

Longford to nil @ 2.75

Longford to nil @ 2.75
    Balls

Cabo DnB and Cobh/Limerick & Sligo/Derry btts @ 5.7

Pike Rovers Vs St. Michael's in the Munster Junior Cup Final - the draw @ 3.6

Cabo DnB and Cobh/Limerick & Sligo/Derry btts @ 5.7

Pike Rovers Vs St. Michael's in the Munster Junior Cup Final - the draw @ 3.6
    First one flopped.

While in the second one, Colin Daly bundled the ball over the line for Pike with ten seconds left in additional time to level the scores. You beauty.

Just the one bet this week as it's a decent sized stake - may be a bet on Saturday odds depending. Second from bottom UCD host second from top Shamrock Rovers. Rovers form has turned into very hit and miss lately but this is a game they'll want to get things back on track and to stay level on points with Dundalk while trying to close the goal difference gap. UCD on the other hand, come into this on the back of 6 loses, scoring just 1 goal and conceding a massive 15 goals including 3 against bottom placed Finn Harps 2 weeks ago. No team news at this moment.

Shamrock Rovers -1.25 @ 1.80 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Med/Large Stake

Supposedly 1-0 was a ridiculous scoreline... Half loss :mad:

Pp with a good few specials for tonight:
    Dundalk, Cork & Rovers - 3.5
    Over 2.5 goals in all Premier Division games - 9
    Cork & Bohs - 13

I took Rovers, Cork and Dundalk to nil @ 4.92

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,426 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Overs in the 3 games at 9/1 will do me for interest tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0520/1050598-cobh-ramblers-request-fai-help-over-betting-claims/

Interesting.
    69k out of 73k staked on Betfair went on Limerick, 9/4 to 4/9 at kick off and they win.
    That was a good bet for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

okidoki987 wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0520/1050598-cobh-ramblers-request-fai-help-over-betting-claims/

Interesting.
    69k out of 73k staked on Betfair went on Limerick, 9/4 to 4/9 at kick off and they win.

Suspected Cobh player involved?

If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

keano25 wrote: »
    Suspected Cobh player involved?

There’s being rumors of a good few first division games so far this year . Not gonna go naming them but there was another game at weekend as well . I think what’s going to happen over next few weeks is bookies will stop pricing first division

I've heard it with the last while that Athlone have been throwing games.

I've heard it with the last while that Athlone have been throwing games.

Well let’s just say I don’t think they killed them selves last Friday with effort . Bray were 11 to 10 best price Friday morn . They were 4 to 9 at kick off

Pp with a good few specials for tonight:
    Dundalk, Cork & Rovers - 3.5
    Over 2.5 goals in all Premier Division games - 9
    Cork & Bohs - 13

Don’t like this bet to win to nil espicially a treble of it . Much prefer minus 1 or whatever . 5 to 2 was the treble for tonight was tempted but didn’t !

spurshero wrote: »
    Don’t like this bet to win to nil espicially a treble of it . Much prefer minus 1 or whatever . 5 to 2 was the treble for tonight was tempted but didn’t !
    It was just Dundalk to nil

okidoki987 wrote: »

Interesting.

I was tracking it - thee was 6 figures placed on the game by FT.... Seen screenshots of the odds crash in Asia. All very murky. Definitely 3 teams up to fixing this season, 1st Div won't be priced up sooner rather than later I'd say.

Oh

Oh ok I thought you done the 3 teams to nil .

Shamrock Rovers half loss last week and by all accounts 1-0 was very modest for them so unlucky. This week just one bet on the Friday, in the North West Derby
    Derry go into this in a bad run of form and will be looking to make amends against joint bottom team Finn Harps. Derry a much stronger team on paper and due to the U21 Irish callups this is Derrys last home League came for nearly 6 weeks.
    Harps injury list doesn't show signs of clearing up just yet with Harry Ascroft, Gareth Harkin, Mark Timlin, Ciaran Gallagher and Michael Gallagher remain on the injured list and they are now joined by John Kavanagh while Raffaele Cretaro is a doubt for tomorrow night’s game.

Derry City -1 Asian @ 1.80 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small/Med Stake

• Advertisement

Five home wins in the Premier @ 8.03

Other than that bit of a novelty bet, I don't strongly fancy anything.

Advertisement