Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXIV Signup: Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Just my two cents on the anon/non anon and metagaming.

I think giving the players the choice is fairest way to go, if it's a tie, we can decide between the 3 mods. Personally, I prefer anon games. I think knowing who everyone is, can, if ever so slightly, judge how you view them in the game, whether alignment is good or bad, especially when you are a villager yourself.
    Metagaming, I wouldn't be comfortable with changing any rules, I think all regular players know what's acceptable. I'm fine with the "in a dream I had" when talking about something general in games, but not something specific in a particular game. I would be against discussing who players are if you think you know who they, best keep it off thread. The worst thing about anon games though, is the accidental posting, can be an advantage/disadvantage if you out your identity.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

25th Feb
    Anyone for a surprise one week early start? :P

Haha...Im all for mod secrets and that would have worked brillantly given the time travel theme.

Probably would have been a bit unfair though :pac:

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    With regard to anonymous games, while I can see the benefit for the regular players I would think you are going to limit new joiners as they don't know any of you and once an anonymous game is over they still won't know any of you.

This was my reason for choosing non-anon. I'm still relatively new with 2 games under my belt, still trying to get to know the community. Non-anon seemed like a no-brainer. Also, having played one anon game, it was a great game but having to log in and out of my anon/Stu accounts in order to post elsewhere on Boards was a pain in the hole.

However, having read the last few pages and having thought about it a bit more, I think I'm starting to come around to the anon side of things.

So, I'm easy, don't mind what way we do it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Either
    Sign in on a different browser as your anon account. Firefox = werewolf for me

That way you avoid having to keep logging in and out to use both accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sign in on a different browser as your anon account. Firefox = werewolf for me

That way you avoid having to keep logging in and out to use both accounts.

i do the same. chrome = anon ww for me. ff for everything elses.

only ever made one mistake and thats caz i used a tablet when i just woke up. and it was signed in as skeith. :( from then on used two browsers on tablet too and never made mistake again.

Good idea also to not follow the game thread on your private acc.

I’m getting excited! This week better go quick.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

25th Feb
    sKeith wrote:
    i do the same. chrome = anon ww for me. ff for everything elses.

Usually I just discard the Necro account for the week but if I want to log in and check my usual threads...

Normal Chrome for anon

Seperate tab for normal account (Incognito mode)

Usually have 4/6 tabs open at any given time anyways. Yet to post from wrong account:D

On the phone then it's app for Anon account, browser for normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I think it's safe to say I'm class at the anon accounts and never have issues with posting in my normal account.

If the game is anon, would it be possible to send the welcome email to both accounts (non anon & anon)?

For some reason on touch, I can’t forward the PM so have to copy n paste it. Then the links don’t work either.

If the game is anon, would it be possible to send the welcome email to both accounts (non anon & anon)?

For some reason on touch, I can’t forward the PM so have to copy n paste it. Then the links don’t work either.

Oh god no.

25th Feb
    Speaking as someone who has modded, it's possible but massively time consuming.

Boards has a limit on PMs (5 every 10 mins, 1 per min) which slows up the process. So 25 pms among 3 people say takes about 20 mins at the bare minimum to send out.

Double that then for the anon accounts so 50 PMs. I'd lose my mind trying to send 50 PMs even divvied out amongst 3!

Could we get that restriction lifted for the WW GM account i wonder....

25th Feb
    We'd have to be able to get into it first :pac: iirc the WW GM account hasn't worked since possibly the Buffy game

Really? Whats the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Necrominus wrote: »
    We'd have to be able to get into it first :pac: iirc the WW GM account hasn't worked since possibly the Buffy game
    Hello Necro.

That was me. Ill send the WW GM details to sully and the upcoming game mods, if they need to use them.

25th Feb
    Nothing apparently :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah it’s no biggie. Least I solved the WWGM issue for y’all though :p

Speaking as someone who has modded, it's possible but massively time consuming.

Boards has a limit on PMs (5 every 10 mins, 1 per min) which slows up the process. So 25 pms among 3 people say takes about 20 mins at the bare minimum to send out.

Double that then for the anon accounts so 50 PMs. I'd lose my mind trying to send 50 PMs even divvied out amongst 3!

if you just add the other account to the TO: field, then this restriction does not apply. (well, the restrictions still apply, but you don't have any extra burden, except adding the name. one mail "to: necro; fred ww" )

The only downside is that people have old account passwords from previous games, so if there browser accidentally logged into wrong account, they could happen upon game info they shouldn't have.

Anyone know who has the list of anon accs and pws?

Necro?

You should find the list in Werewolf XXI › Mod Forum > Anon accounts.

25th Feb
    I also have them on a spreadsheet Kolido if you need em just send me a PM.

25th Feb
    Meh, I'm at nothing, so PMed all three mods with the info. I even put it in a table for ye :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Meh, I'm at nothing, so PMed all three mods with the info. I even put it in a table for ye :D

Thank you! :)

GET BACK TO WORK ON THE MARCH GAME YOU DOG.

• Advertisement

25th Feb
    Pter wrote: »
    GET BACK TO WORK ON THE MARCH GAME YOU DOG.

Oh yeah, that... I accidentally deleted everything. Don't tell Molly though :o:o

Advertisement