Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXIV Signup: Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    should be ok now

Its been a couple of days now, I waited a while before mentioning this, hoping that a reindex job would be scheduled overnight or something, but the thread still isn't properly searchable after the move. Is there somewhere we need to post in to request that thread get indexed again?

Searching for * in the thread Werewolf XXIV Signup: Back to the Future gives 48 Results. this post is #272
    https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2057841171&query=*

if i do a specific site search to find one of those posts
    https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?query=Bingo+AND+Bango+AND+Digi

i see that the resulting post has no thread title.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

25th Feb
    Pter wrote: »
    In

Preference to end it on the Friday.

Preference for non anon.

Neither of the above is gonna stop me playing though.
    The majority could vote for and extension and the ones that voted for speed day could be all that’s left come munch on Thursday night haha.

I’d like anon please
    sKeith wrote: »
    IN...

1) Give me more time to think about that 1
    2) I need more time to think about this one too.
    3) ANON all the way.
    Barney92 wrote: »
    I'm in too. I'd prefer the 18th, but could probably make the 25th anyway.

I'd rather speed days than to wait.

Anon v non-anon. I'd rather non, but not too pushed.
    MrKingsley wrote: »
    Definitely in for this. Have only going for the 18th so it starts sooner!

Would be in favour of slowing the game down as well instead of speed days.

And would prefer non-anon
    tritium wrote: »
    Guess I’m in...... bet no one saw that coming :)

Either day works for me, with a slight pref for 18th

Preference for speed days and anon accounts
    Preference for non-anon, and slow down is good with me
    ardinn wrote: »
    Definitely in and definitely anon - those non anon games give too much away!!
    crosstownk wrote: »
    I'm in if it's the 25th. 18th is not possible for me.

Anon would probably suit better but I'm happy with either.

Anyway, 18th looks to be the preference so far..........
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Fast day and non anon for me
    Slow day and anon for me
    Necrominus wrote: »
    I'll get off the fence and go...

Preferences... Anon.

And Speed days.
    I vote
    A: non Anon
    B: slow days

I like non Anon

I can see see who i kill

Ah, seriously though. Dont mind. Either way.
    I vote...

Not anon

No speed days

Went through the thread there.

I count it (If you include Vale) as

8-6 to non-anon.

5-3 to Speed VS Slow. Could have missed a few on the speed/slow was focusing on anon/non-anon tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

quickbeam wrote: »
    Whoops, yeah.

Agreed, that's the advantage. But I also like the community aspect of non-anon where you feel like you're playing with a group of friends that you know, rather than just random names. Hence, torn.

Definition of a clique, you know you are playing with you’re friends but just don’t know who is who. The charter states meta is frowned upon but wanting to know who is who is totally meta .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

sullivlo wrote: »
    MOD

You are banned from WW and related discussions. Further discussions will result in revoking access to the entire forum games.

Any further clarification needed, PM me.
    Tigger wrote: »
    Definition of a clique, you know you are playing with you’re friends but just don’t know who is who. The charter states meta is frowned upon but wanting to know who is who is totally meta .

Mod

Seriously?! Take some time off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I like Anon. No pre conceived prejudice. There is only one player easy to find in anon for me!

Also is speed v slow purely to do with spending up game near the end? Would it not be better to sort that out maybe on the Thursday during the game? You might have a vote pre game for speed but end up with mostly players who want slow or vice versa?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

25th Feb
    Drumpot wrote:
    I like Anon. No pre conceived prejudice. There is only one player easy to find in anon for me!

Hey.... well... yep. I'm awful at concealing my identity :pac:

Hey.... well... yep. I'm awful at concealing my identity :pac:

I always presume you are dead if there's few Gifs in an anon game .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Drumpot wrote: »
    Also is speed v slow purely to do with spending up game near the end? Would it not be better to sort that out maybe on the Thursday during the game? You might have a vote pre game for speed but end up with mostly players who want slow or vice versa?

That's what we're doing, won't be taking the final call until later in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I have prepared a table for the anon/ non-anon results, as it stands, its 8-8, please feel free to change or add to it until signups are closed.

Regarding speed day, as mentioned, we will deal with it at the time.

1 QB
    2 Grumpy Non-anon
    3 Beaker Non-anon
    4 Pter Non-anon
    5 SM Anon
    6 TB
    7 Barney Non-anon
    8 Duffers
    9 sKeith Anon
    10 BH Anon
    11 Lord
    12 MrKingsley Non-anon
    13 Drumer Anon
    14 Trit Anon
    15 Ardinn Anon
    16 Cross Anon
    17 Pawwed Rig Non-anon
    18 Flushy
    19 Mack
    20 PJ
    21 Stu Non-anon
    22 Necro Anon
    23 Whoops
    24 Vale Non-anon
    25 Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

Either
    Anon for me

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    I have prepared a table for the anon/ non-anon results, as it stands, its 8-8, please feel free to change or add to it until signups are closed.

Regarding speed day, as mentioned, we will deal with it at the time.

1 QB
    2 Grumpy Non-anon
    3 Beaker Non-anon
    4 Pter Non-anon
    5 SM Anon
    6 TB
    7 Barney Non-anon
    8 Duffers
    9 sKeith Anon
    10 BH Anon
    11 Lord
    12 MrKingsley Non-anon
    13 Drumer Anon
    14 Trit Anon
    15 Ardinn Anon
    16 Cross Anon
    17 Pawwed Rig Non-anon
    18 Flushy
    19 Mack
    20 PJ
    21 Stu Non-anon
    22 Necro Anon
    23 Whoops
    24 Vale Non-anon
    25 Andy
    andy125 wrote: »
    Anon for me

If the game is non anon, can we agree before the game starts that the no meta rule is to be chucked out the window.

its in the forum charter, so not sure what power game mods have for doing that. in the game molly introduced to the board not too long ago, town of salem i think it was called, they understood why anonimity is needed in the game.

as micksjaguar said before, we can't unknow what we know, and it makes if very difficult to play non anon games as we know so much about each other.

a solution was found and the boards staff made us lovely anon accounts to play the game with anonimity.

some people prefer to use meta though, and fight for meta games to be played. in order for me to play by the rules that these people play by, even the field in a way, i would like that the no meta rule be removed from non anon games.

the community argument is bogus. the signup sheet says who is playing the game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

You know what, go anon. I'm beyond caring now. I'm out. Well done.

[/unsubscribe]

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

sKeith wrote: »
    If the game is non anon, can we agree before the game starts that the no meta rule is to be chucked out the window.

its in the forum charter, so not sure what power game mods have for doing that. in the game molly introduced to the board not too long ago, town of salem i think it was called, they understood why anonimity is needed in the game.

as micksjaguar said before, we can't unknow what we know, and it makes if very difficult to play non anon games as we know so much about each other.

a solution was found and the boards staff made us lovely anon accounts to play the game with anonimity.

some people prefer to use meta though, and fight for meta games to be played. in order for me to play by the rules that these people play by, even the field in a way, i would like that the no meta rule be removed from non anon games.

the community argument is bogus. the signup sheet says who is playing the game.

It's not bogus at all. Anon games are much less friendly and much more competitive that non anon imo. Sure we all have a laugh after in our regular accounts, but we have a laugh during in non anon games.

I agree the meta rule could and perhaps should be removed. Jayop and necro removed it from twd game and it was ok I think. Still requires everyone to obey the don't be a dick rule though.

25th Feb
    It's not bogus at all. Anon games are much less friendly and much more competitive that non anon imo. Sure we all have a laugh after in our regular accounts, but we have a laugh during in non anon games.

I agree the meta rule could and perhaps should be removed. Jayop and necro removed it from twd game and it was ok I think. Still requires everyone to obey the don't be a dick rule though.

TWD had no metagaming rules and ended up being voted as best game :)

TWD had no metagaming rules and ended up being voted as best game :)
    there was a wonderful dynamic to that game. the backrooms were played anon in fear of being turned and exposing your whole team while the main thread was played non anon. In the BR, we needed to have a voting system and vetos for kills in order prevent us from trying to kill our own team.
    plus, it shows there is precedence for removing the meta rule. with success.

Kolido wrote: »
    Message to new players,

You can request access to the werewolf sub forum here

https://www.boards.ie/vbuilletin/showthread.php?t=2057657618

and please create an account on COP for backroom access here using same username as you have on Boards

http://changeofplangames.com/wwforum/

Just a reminder to new players Mack and Whoops, please be sure you have neccassary accesses before the game starts next Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Either
    I was of the impression that the no meta gaming rule covered stuff like - oh well I see Pete is posting ovrr in the Russian forum but he's not answering my line of questioning here.
    "Hey Pter I see you have time to post about your cossak dance lessons but you're not in the game thread -you shady f-ing wolf"
    Or looking at stuff like "who's online" and pointing it out on thread.
    Or as happened before, two posters posting about an ongoing game in another thread.

Afaik it doesn't only cover things like let's kill ctk cos he's the most prolific serial killer of all time (also love that the name is similar to Denis Rader).

Either
    sKeith wrote:

people are hardly FIGHTING for non anon games, the mods give us a choice occasionally, and the decision is made democratically. We all accept that sometimes the game isn't played in our preferred format and those of us that don't want to play in that chosen format either suck it up or bow out.
    I for one don't play non anon, to allow me to meta game. I like non anon games, because I generally find them more craic, I like anon games because they challenge me in a different way. I get different enjoyment out of both formats and its nothing to do with metagame.

I was of the impression that the no meta gaming rule covered stuff like - oh well I see Pete is posting ovrr in the Russian forum but he's not answering my line of questioning here.
    "Hey Pter I see you have time to post about your cossak dance lessons but you're not in the game thread -you shady f-ing wolf"
    Or looking at stuff like "who's online" and pointing it out on thread.
    Or as happened before, two posters posting about an ongoing game in another thread.

Afaik it doesn't only cover things like let's kill ctk cos he's the most prolific serial killer of all time (also love that the name is similar to Denis Rader).

What I do in the Russian forum is my business. And Mr Putin's.

Either
    Pter wrote:
    What I do in the Russian forum is my business. And Mr Putin's.

But you don't deny the cossak dancing...

• Advertisement

But you don't deny the cossak dancing...

*Cossack dancing lessons

Either
    Pter wrote:
    *Cossack dancing lessons

Next meetup we need somewhere with a stage

Next meetup we need somewhere with a stage

I did some for qb and uri at the escape room. It cracked the case for us actually.

25th Feb
    I did some for qb and uri at the escape room. It cracked the case for us actually.

Going to an escape room on March 3rd myself actually in Galway. Finally convinced some of the lads to go. Really looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Spoiler alert: Everyone else escapes. Necro is discovered by a cleaner several days later, locked in a cupboard. Nobody knows how he got in there.

Escape rooms, Russians, Dancing.....what must Marty McFly be thinking!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

With regard to anonymous games, while I can see the benefit for the regular players I would think you are going to limit new joiners as they don't know any of you and once an anonymous game is over they still won't know any of you.

25th Feb
    Pawwed Rig wrote:
    With regard to anonymous games, while I can see the benefit for the regular players I would think you are going to limit new joiners as they don't know any of you and once an anonymous game is over they still won't know any of you.

Agreed on that front tbh. Both have merits as many have outlined.

A healthy combination of the two throughout the year is the best for all concerned imo.

It's obviously a game mods decision at the end of the day re: anon/non anon but I always like to have a looksee what the last few games were played under.

For example the last game (controversy aside) I looked at the previous 3/4 games which were all anon and although I gave the players the option, wanted a non anon personally to change things up...

Lol. In fact I haven't played a non anon game since the Star Trek one iirc. Either modded the games or played when it was anon.

It’s funny cause I feel anon games even things out a bit for me. I don’t play any other of these games and it does sometimes feel a little cliquey and hard to get some people to engage with you at times. While it could be complete paranoia on my part, it sort of feels like some people pair off or ignore certain posters.

While Anon games don’t necessarily sort this out it does feel at least, for a day or so, that everybody is in the same boat. I also feel it gives you an opportunity to play a bit more cause you can change your posting style to hide.

Also, you can’t edit posts by accident (at least I don’t think you can?!). Biggest downside is accidentally posting in your own account.

I took meta gaming to be pretty much anything outside of the game but still amnt completely clear. Usually you can get around this with a “in another village” or “in a dream” and if you think a person is a certain poster you can insinuate it on some level. (Eg - Gif of Nelson giving fingers for Valeyard). Can somebody give a clarification and severity of consequences? Didn’t Pter do up some comprehensive list outlining rules somewhere?

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    It’s funny cause I feel anon games even things out a bit for me. I don’t play any other of these games and it does sometimes feel a little cliquey and hard to get some people to engage with you at times. While it could be complete paranoia on my part, it sort of feels like some people pair off or ignore certain posters.

While Anon games don’t necessarily sort this out it does feel at least, for a day or so, that everybody is in the same boat. I also feel it gives you an opportunity to play a bit more cause you can change your posting style to hide.

Also, you can’t edit posts by accident (at least I don’t think you can?!). Biggest downside is accidentally posting in your own account.

I took meta gaming to be pretty much anything outside of the game but still amnt completely clear. Usually you can get around this with a “in another village” or “in a dream” and if you think a person is a certain poster you can insinuate it on some level. (Eg - Gif of Nelson giving fingers for Valeyard). Can somebody give a clarification and severity of consequences? Didn’t Pter do up some comprehensive list outlining rules somewhere?

He didn't. He did up a list of some of the common rules and said the actual rules vary depending on the game mods.

Advertisement