Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part One - New Arrivals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Well I like him, I don't want to attack him"

OOC: Some sort of persuasive reason needed to activate the full strength of dominate. Note that the reason can be completely insufficient like 'Look do this for me and you'll get the day off'.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'Do this for me, and you will be greatly rewarded. Meet me at midnight tomorrow at the Ebar for your reward.'

The shadows within the clinic seem to curve toward Lysander, he sounds deeper and more authoritative, a nearby radio is affected by slight static. All signs of Dominate coming into full affect. The nurse's mind is contorting to fit the instructions.

"A reward? Wow! That Dr. Alvarez has always looked down on me, I'll take you to her office, its empty now, she's with a patient. Glad to help with taking her out. She's obviously doing something illegal, no need to tell me, I've seen her messing with organ storage"

She walks Lysander to Alvarez's office, "a wealthy patient for Alvarez" she tells the only doctor they meet.

Opening the door, she logs Lysander in and leaves the pass card. "That'll get you in to the drug cabinets and the morgue"

She picks up a scissors.

"Time to teach that evil bitch a lesson" she says resolutely and runs from the room.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander searches the morgue records for any sign of the body the Prince was referring to.

Lysander scrolls through the records, it's pretty obvious which is the record he is looking for.
    Slab 5B:
    Victim shows bizarre wound to chest.
    Hand print with burns and deep indentation.
    Forensics has estimated the hand would have had to strike at 80 mph to do this.

Staff assigned:
    Dr. J. Crane
    Dr. T. Moss

Police Forensics:
    G. Brians

Lysander hears screaming and an alarm sounding.

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    Lysander scrolls through the records, it's pretty obvious which is the record he is looking for.
    Slab 5B:
    Victim shows bizarre wound to chest.
    Hand print with burns and deep indentation.
    Forensics has estimated the hand would have had to strike at 80 mph to do this.

Staff assigned:
    Dr. J. Crane
    Dr. T. Moss

Police Forensics:
    G. Brians

Lysander hears screaming and an alarm sounding.

Lysander prints a copy of the records. Then he tries to delete all trace of the same record before searching for both doctors information.

'Police Forensics my contact can help me with' he thinks to himself.

Lysander finds the interface confusing, though he eventually realises how to delete a record.

By the time he does so, sirens can be heard outside.

Lysander decides to leave the room and see what commotion is outside. He grabs the ID badge and looks for any sign for the morgue.

Lysander opens Alvarez's office door to see the police holding down the shocked looking nurse with blood all over her.

They have their backs toward him.

"Jesus, what would drive somebody to do something like that" one says shaking his head.

The guards are along a corridor to the exit, another corridor goes left from Alvarez's office.

Lysander takes the left corridor as quietly as he can.

OOC: Driving now, will roll for Stealth if needed when I get home.

• Advertisement

Lysander's shoe squeks against the laminate floor. One of the officers turns at the sound, noticing Lysander exit from Alvarez's room.

"Oy, pal. Who are you?" he says walking forward, hands near his hips.

Lysander smiles at the officer.

'Officer, I was waiting for Dr. Alvarez in her office. I had a private appointment. I came out when I heard the alarm. Is there something wrong?'

OOC: Static Resolution, Persuasion

"Okay buddy, look Dr. Alvarez has been stabbed, in the break room here. She's in critical condition, luckily she's here huh?" he begins to smile then realises it's inappropriate.

"Anyway, you may have been one of the last people to see her alive. Did she speak to you in her office before coming out here?"

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Static Resolution, Persuasion

"Okay buddy, look Dr. Alvarez has been stabbed, in the break room here. She's in critical condition, luckily she's here huh?" he begins to smile then realises it's inappropriate.

"Anyway, you may have been one of the last people to see her alive. Did she speak to you in her office before coming out here?"

Lysander shakes his head, feigning a look of worry.

'No. To tell you the truth I never met her. A Dr. Crane referred me to her, and a nurse... I think she was a nurse - brought me to her office but she was busy elsewhere at the time. Terrible thing to happen, does anyone know why she was stabbed?

Can you tell me where Dr. Crane's office is? I need to have my... problem seen to urgently.'

He folds his arms and leans against the wall.

'Medical issue, I'm sure you understand I wouldn't like to disclose it.'

"Of course Sir that's understandable. Unfortunately the good doctor was stabbed by a nurse."

He stands back.

"Would this happen to be the Nurse who directed you to Alvarez's office?"

The nurse is unconscious currently.

Lysander looks at the nurse.

'Why... yes it is! I spoke to her at reception - she seemed a little off.'

He slaps his head.

'Was Dr. Alvarez stabbed with scissors perchance? Because when I was seated in the office she grabbed them and said to me... time to teach her a lesson. Oh my God, I should have said something...'

Lysander switches his face to look shocked and upset, and quivers his lip a little.

OOC: Static Resolution, Manipulation

"Sir there is nothing you could have done. Sometimes these things just happen to fast.

Just name and ID and I'll let you on your way"

'Of course officer. Name is Larry Carson.'

He takes his ID out of his pocket and shows it to the officer.

'Now... I don't wish to press you but issues are... pressing. Can you point me in the direction of Dr. Crane's office?'

"I'm not sure myself Sir, but I'm the staff can help you at the desk"

Lysander returns to the desk and a panicked nurse tells him to continue to the stair down the left corridor.

Lysander reaches Cranes office door. Next to it is a reinforced glass door leading to a stairway going up and down. A keycard is required for the stairway door.

Lysander knocks on Dr. Crane's door.

'Dr. Crane? Are you in there?'

He gets ready to focus his gaze on Crane if he answers the door.

• Advertisement

A gruff grey-haired man in his sixties flings open the door.

"We are in the middle of an emerg......"

He just stares into Lysander's eyes.

'You will board a plane tonight, and leave for Europe for a new job. You will book the flight on the computer in your office, then leave the card and the pin number written on a piece of paper beside the computer with your ID badge..'

"Look Sir I'm sorry. I...I don't know why I am telling you this, but....I can't take LA anymore, the fakeness. I never realised it until now, but I want to see a real place, a historical place."

He heads to his desk and spends a few minutes typing.

"I'm off to Crete. That's it, not holding me back. In case the wife and children need support here is my card and the pin number"

He jots down the pin number and hands Lysander the card.

"Won't need this anymore"

He removes the ID badge and moves to the door before pausing.

"Should I tell my wife and children?"

Lysander shakes his head.

'No. They'll understand I'm sure.'

"You're right. I've needed this for years, why am I the only one to see it so late.

Good bye LA"

He hugs Lysander and walks out.

Lysander picks up the phone in Crane's office and dials a foreign number.

'It's L. A package will be arriving in Crete tomorrow. Crane is the name. Might make a good friend for someone. Seems a good sort. Make sure he doesn't come back... however you like.'

The voice on the other end is slightly creaky, the Nosferatu hacker from Duomo di Milano

"Wonderful, I can see he's a doctor, useful Ghoul possibly. If not, well you know...."

He hangs up.

Lysander pockets the credit card and the pin number.

He takes the nurse's ID from his other pocket, opens one of the drawers and hides it within.

'Two birds, one stone.' He muses to himself.

Then he takes Crane's ID, opens the office door to check no one is around.

The coast is clear.

• Advertisement

Lysander tries Crane's swipe card on the pad for the stairway door.

Advertisement