Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part One - New Arrivals

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander goes back to Lydia, cogs in his head turning.

He uses his teeth to open a small cut on his arm.

One drop of Vitae falls onto Lydia's mouth...

Then another.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Lydia shoots awake, eyes wide and pupils dilated. Her heart begins to beat rapidly as the Vitae hits her system. Lysander can see the thick black substance run beneath her skin, strengthening her muscles. Then the sensation as she is bound to him, he can feel her emotions slightly, the supernatural effects have started, beyond just being the best drug in the world, he can hear her metabolism slow as the aging process stops.

She looks up.

"Woooohooooo.....fuk was I asleep for a day, I feel....."

She looks around.

"Steve 's gone?.....this is really wrong, but.....want to head somewhere....Steve won't know"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander smiles.

'Yes, my dear. I will travel ahead and make our arrangements... suitable.

Pack up your worldly items, and bring them to meet me... here.'

He gives her his address.

'Oh... leave no note for Steve.. he does not need to know where you are.

But he will be hungry when he returns. Light some candles and place them by the curtains. Heat the oven for his dinner and leave it on. Then come find me.'

He vanishes, heading as quickly as possible for his new apartment.

OOC: So heading for the night. That's 3XP for a mission well done. Assume Lydia came back with you and you get to feed.

The Apartment:

Lysander rises from a compartment in the floorboards of his Santa Monica apartment.

Lydia sleeps in the double bed.

There is a kitchen, bedroom and sitting room. A delivery lies on the floor next to the door, a largish square package.

• Advertisement

Lysander moves to Lydia first, again opening a vein for her. He lets her feed from him again before doing anything else.

'Bound to me for all time, Lydia my sweet. Now I shall feed.'

Lysander waits for a reaction from her before feeding himself to regain his full strength.

The Vitae courses through her. Lysander can see the tendrils reaching the brain stem this time.

She convulses briefly. Then starts crying.

"I didn't....I didn't know where you were all day....please don't ever run off again like that" she bawls crying while holding Lysander.

Lysander takes a quick drink from her and is fully replenished, the Lasombra bite can cause severe drowsiness in humans and Lydia is knocked out as Lysander lets go.

Lysander covers Lydia again with a blanket. He then goes to inspect the package on the floor.

The package on the floor is addressed to Larry Carson, it's heavy enough and the labels imply computer goods of some kind.

Lysander carries the package to the kitchen and places it on the counter, then opens it.

• Advertisement

It's a laptop and quite a powerful one as well. A card inside says:

"A gift from us Malkavians, remember you are a guest here in our territory

- TV"

Fourier wrote: »
    It's a laptop and quite a powerful one as well. A card inside says:

"A gift from us Malkavians, remember you are a guest here in our territory

- TV"

Lysander turns on the laptop before reaching for the phone.

'Jeff Irons - Bella sends her love.'

"I'm sure she does" the voice on the other end replies.

"How would she like me to....show 'my affection' today?"

'Nothing too complicated. I need the name of the hospital in Santa Monica that may have had an interesting arrival recently. Also, if you have one on a retainer... a good hacker or someone versed in computers. A contact number for them if you have it.

Oh. One more thing and we are done for today. I need an address for the man who owns this cell phone.'

Lysander gives Irons the number of the taxi driver last night.

'I trust last night's activities caused you no trouble?'

"No trouble at all.

That phone number belongs to a Jonathan Fox, address....731 Cedar St. Santa Monica.

Regarding the hacking, I think I know a guy.

Your hospital is definitely the Santa Monica Medical Clinic"

'Excellent. Anything interesting about Fox?

Send me on the details for the guy. I can pay.'

Lysander turns on the laptop.

"Not really, his wife has a high paying job in the movie business is about the only interesting thing. Three kids.

Ring me in two days regarding the hacking guy. Now, I have to go."

He hangs up.

The laptop boots a customised version of Linux. It comes with a copy of the book of Nod on the desktop and an application for accessing the Camarilla mail server.

Lysander logs into the Camarilla server using his password and checks for any news or messages.

Lysander scrolls through the messages and susses out a few facts about the city.

OOC: Static Resolution based on politics skill

The Camarilla are relatively weak, though they have people declaring for them throughout the city. Though LaCroix proved weak in the end, there were those who saw the benefit of increased stability compared to Anarch rule. Many of the former Anarch Barons have declared support for the Camarilla.

Therese Voerman, former Anarch Baron of Santa Monica continues to support the Camarilla as she did under LaCroix, she hopes to have Santa Monica recognised as a separate domain from LA proper and be made Prince. For now the Camarilla has recognised her by making her Malkavian Primogen.

The Anarchs are led by Nines Rodriguez, who continues to defend himself against charges that he aided "the fledgling" in taking down LaCroix. This figure seems to have been a neonate (only a few months sired) with the power of a vampire centuries older. One who changed the entire political landscape of the city.

OOC: "The fledgling" is the player character in "Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines" that came out for the PC in 2004. Later books for the RPG take it as canon that they sided with Nines rather than LaCroix.

Jacky Smith was brought in by the Camarilla from San Francisco and is a former Anarch. Lysander notices a mention that she almost single handedly stopped a Werewolf incursion into the city, something that possibly implies colossal strength and hints that she at least possesses Potency as a power.

He scans through the emails and though there are many job postings, only a few apply to somebody confined to Santa Monica like him, he reads....

Something in the Nosferatu sewers, not risking my own clan members going after the thing. Found three ghouls ripped to shreds. Will reward with freedom to feed from patrons at the Breakers Restaurant up from the beach. These people are well fed, good quality blood.

Some Nos.

Mr. Carson, I am inordinately pleased that you removed that possible embarrassment to my mortal persona. Please come see me at your earliest convenience. I live in the old bookstore on South Flower St in downtown. Your confinement to SM prevents coming here obviously. Hopefully you can see a way around that.

MS

Anybody able to found out what prick keeps leaving priceless paintings in Toreador territory in East SM? Obvious exploitation of our weakness by parties snubbed in previous Cam meeting. Need proof though. To the party concerned I know it is you, I hope this has you sweating.

Melissa.

• Advertisement

OOC: Lysander is confined to SM as previously mentioned. However he only has feeding rights in Malkavian territory (a subset of SM) as a favour from Therese Voerman to Jacky.

Something in the Nosferatu sewers, not risking my own clan members going after
    the thing. Found three ghouls ripped to shreds. Will reward with freedom to feed
    from patrons at the Breakers Restaurant up from the beach. These people are well
    fed, good quality blood.

Some Nos.

Lysander writes back to the above address:

'Need more info. Sewer location, info on how the ghouls were torn up. Might be interested if you give me some more details.'

LC.

Mr.
    Carson, I am inordinately pleased that you removed that possible embarrassment
    to my mortal persona. Please come see me at your earliest convenience. I live in
    the old bookstore on South Flower St in downtown. Your confinement to SM
    prevents coming here obviously. Hopefully you can see a way around that.

MS

To the above he writes:

'Pleasure was mine. Garnered myself a present as well. I have the info to make sure this doesn't see the light of day again. Hope to see you soon.'

LC.

He ignores the third one, not exactly looking for assistance yet and he has enough on his plate.

He shuts down the laptop, making sure to log out of the server first. Then he calls up the taxi man from last night.

'Jonathon, Larry Carson here. Are you on duty? I was wondering about getting a ride to the Santa Monica Medical Clinic.'

He leaves a short note for Lydia, explaining he had to go out, but not where - that might cause problems. Then he opens the envelope he was handed by the Prince last night and checks the contents of it, mainly the amount of cash available.

He adds an addendum to the note to Lydia.

'Do not worry, my sweet. But I find myself low on funds. If you could travel to downtown for me and withdraw any and all money you have saved away, then return here it would be extremely appreciated. I shall in return show my love when I get home.'

He puts on his jacket and waits for his taxi.

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Jonathon, Larry Carson here. Are you on duty? I was wondering about getting a ride to the Santa Monica Medical Clinic.'
    "Wow, you calling me personally.....you know I couldn't find your act on the web..."

Fourier wrote: »
    "Wow, you calling me personally.....you know I couldn't find your act on the web..."

'New act, my friend. I'm only starting up and was looking for pointers at the convention from my fellow magicians... What time can I expect you? I haven't forgotten about the show I promised, I've just been busy.'

"I'll be out as quick as I can pal, just dropping off a fare"

John arrives at 01.15, dropping Lysander off at the Medical Clinic.

From the outside it seems the queue at the desk isn't too long, two or three patients. With an elderly man on a stretcher. Corridors lead left and right.

OOC: Lysander has $4,400

Lysander enters the clinic and takes note of all those within the reception room and their whereabouts.

One of the patients has a leg injury, the blood coming off has a pleasant scent (athlete perhaps?) but Lysander is quite full tonight, so no temptation.

The old man has heart problems, easily heard from where Lysander is standing. The other two are both middle aged women, here for medication.

The nurse is a woman in her 40s, elevated heart rate is typical of coffee consumption.

Lysander takes his place in the queue and waits to be seen.

OOC: When he gets to the front of the queue it'll be a 'Mesmerise'

• Advertisement

He speaks quietly and directly to the nurse whilst holding her gaze.

'I need you to bring me to an empty office. There you will log into the computer using your ID. Then you will leave you ID badge beside the computer for me. You will then find your supervisor and attack them.'

Advertisement