Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

inforfun wrote:
    Dont think he was serious with that speeding remark.....

You can only hope!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

dickwod1 wrote: »
    My channel's videos featured on RTE's Prime Time last week.

Did they use any more clips that weren't yours?

I notice the one at the entrance to Artane Castle was shown twice, that was my neck of the woods!! (and 20-25 years ago, I was probably pulling the same manoeuvre daily!!)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

one from yesterday, Crash on the M50 yesterday morning (took the actual crash out of the footage)
    But Emergency services trying to get through and some selfish **** in a red van can't be bothered to get out of the way and blocks them. No excuse as both the garda car and the ambulance had the blues and twos on loudly and everyone else manages to get out of the way.

Can't see in the vid but the driver of the Garda car was blowing the horn at them like nobody's business and gesturing wildly - not sure why they didn't get out and have a word afterwards.

Asinine behaviour IMO, even if it was only for a few seconds.

https://youtu.be/-oR0WSIw0LM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Kamili wrote: »
    one from yesterday, Crash on the M50 yesterday morning (took the actual crash out of the footage)
    But Emergency services trying to get through and some selfish **** in a red van can't be bothered to get out of the way and blocks them. No excuse as both the garda car and the ambulance had the blues and twos on loudly and everyone else manages to get out of the way.

Can't see in the vid but the driver of the Garda car was blowing the horn at them like nobody's business and gesturing wildly - not sure why they didn't get out and have a word afterwards.

Asinine behaviour IMO, even if it was only for a few seconds.

https://youtu.be/-oR0WSIw0LM

From what I can tell you've completely misinterpreted that. He tried to get out of the way almost immediately, but moved to the right to give them the hard shoulder space, it was the wrong decision for the situation but he did move.

• Advertisement

accensi0n wrote: »
    From what I can tell you've completely misinterpreted that. He tried to get out of the way almost immediately, but moved to the right to give them the hard shoulder space, it was the wrong decision for the situation but he did move.

Not at all, the garda car had to blow the horn repeatedly and solidly to get them even to make a decision move at all, from sitting watching the garda car and hearing the angry horn blowing, it was very clear the driver of the van had no intention to move out of the way. May not be clear at all from the vid but the garda was exceptionally frustrated.

The van driver tried to merge into the motorway, which was blocked, so had no space to move into, when they could have gone into the hard shoulder which was free.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Sure the red car should've moved but I'm curious as to why the emergency services weren't using the hard shoulder lane?

humberklog wrote: »
    Sure the red car should've moved but I'm curious as to why the emergency services weren't using the hard shoulder lane?

It was right at the slip road on to the motorway and the cars behind had all moved into the start of the hard shoulder behind to allow the emergency services through - they took the path of least resistance till they got blocked by the red van who sat in their way. They could not go into the hard shoulder as the red van didn't move over and there was not enough room for the Garda car to fit between the white van and red van into the hard shoulder.

Yep, emergency service take the hard shoulder en no one needs to move.

The way they try now creates a mess, some try to get out of their way by moving into the hard shoulder which is logic.
    But logic isnt for all of us so there will be people trying to get out of their wat by going to try to move into the lane at the right of them.

inforfun wrote: »
    Yep, emergency service take the hard shoulder en no one needs to move.

The way they try now creates a mess, some try to get out of their way by moving into the hard shoulder which is logic.
    But logic isnt for all of us so there will be people trying to get out of their wat by going to try to move into the lane at the right of them.

Except this was right at the slip road on at J11, so there was no hard shoulder wide enough for them to take yet, the cars had to move out of the way.

• Advertisement

Ok, but did they come all the way like this or moved in from the hard shoulder to avoid the exit?

Ok, but did they come all the way like this or moved in from the hard shoulder to avoid the exit?

The slip is split into two lanes, a shorter merge lane and a longer lane, they came down the longer lane as the shorter one was blocked with people trying to merge.

The red van was oblivious to the emergency services and tried to merge right, into a lane which was solid with traffic. thus blocking them. They were clearly not paying attention to what was going on behind and didn't see the rest of the cars behind them pull in left.

Sorry to Clarify, the emergency services had only just come on at the junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

humberklog wrote: »

Thought the same but given it’s just at/after a merge/junction, perhaps everyone behind cammer had moved left instead to save the gardai having to cut across the line of merging cars?

Thought the same but given it’s just at/after a merge/junction, perhaps everyone behind cammer had moved left instead to save the gardai having to cut across the line of merging cars?

nail on the head, the emergency services had only joined the motorway at the junction themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Kamili wrote: »
    nail on the head, the emergency services had only joined the motorway at the junction themselves.

Ah, I thought they were already on the motorway and attempting to get passed the merging traffic and a sea of cars had parted, even more confused that they didnt push their way in on the left from the beginning of the slip. But sure these lads do this every day, I'm sure they know more than me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Mod edit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Nothing exciting, but a truck fell in a ditch local to me. Story goes he overtook a tractor and trailer beforehand, then realised he was going too fast and muled it into the ditch. No warning to say the road was closed, no diversion, just in on top of the fun before you know it. The second bit is daylight approaching from the other direction

Please ignore the squeaky brakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

Nothing exciting, but a truck fell in a ditch local to me. Story goes he overtook a tractor and trailer beforehand, then realised he was going too fast and muled it into the ditch. No warning to say the road was closed, no diversion, just in on top of the fun before you know it. The second bit is daylight approaching from the other direction

There could have been a UFO on screen for all I could see :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,887 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Damien360 wrote: »
    The brakes sounded like the X-Files theme at one point aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Tell the truth - you were on the way home from the pub and you saw the flashing blue lights and with no NCT, driving licence, insurance or tax you decided to do a quick U turn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Well, if anything the EU has accomplished with their open border policies, it is that it turned The Netherlands into an Eastern European country as it comes to dashcam footage.

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7370017/37a26f16/dashcam_compilasie_uit_hollandistan.html

Are you suggesting that most drivers causing that mayhem are immigrants to Netherland and Dutch roads weren't like that before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Who here made it into the compilation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

fritzelly wrote: »
    Tell the truth - you were on the way home from the pub and you saw the flashing blue lights and with no NCT, driving licence, insurance or tax you decided to do a quick U turn

Didn't I bump into you in the pub earlier, you had the 35 with one working light yes?! :p
    Damien360 wrote: »

It was pretty shonkadelic alright, even from a distance you couldn't see much... It was moreso trialing a different video editor and seeing what quality the output was, so far so good... The 2nd half of the clip anyway!

Next edited video will be better, I hope :D

CiniO wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that most drivers causing that mayhem are immigrants to Netherland and Dutch roads weren't like that before?

No Cathy, i am saying that the dashcam footage starts to look the same.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Shane_ef wrote:
    Who here made it into the compilation

I think you have to send the footage to Welsh drive. Think it's made up of four cammers. Awesome job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Stupid overtaking maneuvers on mountain roads are unfortunately common here, as are tour bus accidents and also drinking driving. Perfect storm in this one, truck driver was later found to be over the limit...at 7.40am. Full story at http://taiwanenglishnews.com/4-injured-after-tour-bus-crashes-during-illegal-overtake/

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Stupid overtaking maneuvers on mountain roads are unfortunately common here, as are tour bus accidents and also drinking driving. Perfect storm in this one, truck driver was later found to be over the limit...at 7.40am. Full story at http://taiwanenglishnews.com/4-injured-after-tour-bus-crashes-during-illegal-overtake/

No mention of any sanction for the bus driver who caused the crash in the first place!.

No Cathy, i am saying that the dashcam footage starts to look the same.
    I think that it's a simple case that as the number of vehicles fitted with cameras increases, the chances of catching "Russian style" crashes also increases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

There are no words but maybe there is.. https://youtu.be/keP3e7-HjuY?t=4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement