Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,116 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

tedpan wrote: »
    A little compilation from the past month.

I tried to cut it down as much as possible!

@1:10 you give out about a guy blazing through a stop sign
    Very next clip you do the same thing and nearly hit a car turning right across you? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

......and we're off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭honda boi

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Compilation ...

I think its funny how kids thinks its funny strolling and walking in front of the cars to be cool.
    My father taught me if I think its cool playing Russian roulette with 2 tons of metal go ahead,but don't cry when you get hit. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Dublin city centre is like the walking dead except with less intelligence demonstrated by the zombies.

I think it's gotten so much worse over the last 12 months or so. Lots of people on phones strolling across roads without paying attention, especially at junctions like the bottom of Fishamble Street in the video.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

GreeBo wrote:
    @1:10 you give out about a guy blazing through a stop sign Very next clip you do the same thing and nearly hit a car turning right across you?

No, of course I was stopping. It was highlighting the idiot driving across the junction. Maybe you're one of those oblivious people??

• Advertisement

No, of course I was stopping. It was highlighting the idiot driving across the junction. Maybe you're one of those oblivious people??

Your GPS speedo, even accounting for latency, would suggest otherwise...

Maybe I'm oblivious to what? That sentence makes no sense.:confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Tedpan was stopping.

4aa1d79925ecd02caaa39d6b3dfe3719.png

But since road markings are only applied once in this country, it is pretty difficult to see where the line exactly is. Still has a few meters to at the time of my screenshot. And clip cuts before a full standstill.

Muppet in grey car however is following the "racing line"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

the stop line (if you could see it) would be at the junction not 10 metres before it. It's pretty obvious he was slowing to stop

GreeBo wrote:
    Maybe I'm oblivious to what? That sentence makes no sense.

Oblivious to when you're driving on the wrong side of the road, like the Clio..

Oblivious to when you're driving on the wrong side of the road, like the Clio..

Huh? What makes you think I drive on the wrong side of the road?

I'm not sure even you know where you are going with this one Ted. :confused:

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote:
    Huh? What makes you think I drive on the wrong side of the road?

GreeBo wrote:
    I'm not sure even you know where you are going with this one Ted.
    GreeBo wrote:
    @1:10 you give out about a guy blazing through a stop sign Very next clip you do the same thing and nearly hit a car turning right across you?

I don't want to argue! You said I nearly hit a car turning across me. I hadn't reached the end of the road, the lady took the corner far too fast and on my side of the road and you think I'm wrong. I don't know what else to say! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I don't want to argue! You said I nearly hit a car turning across me. I hadn't reached the end of the road, the lady took the corner far too fast and on my side of the road and you think I'm wrong. I don't know what else to say! :D

You stop at the sign, not the end of the road.
    The sign is telling you that you must stop, it is not a warning of an upcoming stop. You stop because you are joining a major road.

There was no stop line, so you so at the sign. In any case, the line would be with the sign.
    statute wrote:
    20. (1) A driver of a vehicle shall stop the vehicle in advance of traffic sign number RRM 017 [stop line] or traffic sign number RUS 027 [stop sign].

(2) Where both traffic signs referred to in sub-article (1) are provided, a driver of a vehicle shall stop the vehicle in advance of traffic sign number RRM 017 [stop line].

Stop signs are often back from a junction where HGVs would need to make a wide turn, proceeding past the the sign means you are in their way.

GreeBo wrote:
    There was no stop line, so you so at the sign. In any case, the line would be with the sign.

GreeBo wrote:
    Stop signs are often back from a junction where HGVs would need to make a wide turn, proceeding past the the sign means you are in their way.

This is not one of those cases. The line has simply worn away and definitely needs to be replaced. I've lived in Drogheda for years. Thanks for your in depth investigation, got any clips to upload??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

GreeBo wrote: »
    You stop at the sign, not the end of the road.
    The sign is telling you that you must stop, it is not a warning of an upcoming stop. You stop because you are joining a major road.

To paraphrase the law - Main road ahead. Traffic on the main road has right of way. Stop before entering

This is not one of those cases. The line has simply worn away and definitely needs to be replaced. I've lived in Drogheda for years. Thanks for your in depth investigation, got any clips to upload??

Apologies, looks like I am 100% wrong in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

See how far the STOP sign is away from the painted line!.....

https://goo.gl/maps/G2ZYWkiEwU92

GreeBo wrote:

Cool! On to the next video!
    See how far the STOP sign is away from the painted line!.....

Thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

GreeBo wrote: »
    F'ksake!!! Don't ever post anything like that again! You'll break the feckin' internet!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I was sent this clip ...

chewed wrote: »

nmg9lOv.gif

It would have taken more self control than i have to not do exactly that if i had been a witness of that.
    What a tool.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I was sent this clip ...

Wow, I hope she caught the reg and reported it.

I'd hazard a guess though that only 1 of the parties has insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Easily seen on the vid at 0:45 seconds.

01d17233
    Reg matches car model.

Good thing the dashcam has a decent resolution

Well, if anything the EU has accomplished with their open border policies, it is that it turned The Netherlands into an Eastern European country as it comes to dashcam footage.

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7370017/37a26f16/dashcam_compilasie_uit_hollandistan.html

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

couple from Friday/Monday commutes...

Car driving in bus lane for no apparent reason:

Might be hard to see the trailer in vid, but it was really wobbling badly...just as the cops were passing him. The 206, just in front of the Red Ford pulling into Lane-1 after overtaking the trucks:

Caliden wrote: »
    01d17233
    Reg matches car model.

Yeah the cammer told me that after the rear end the other driver fled the scene,
    The Garda were called and it was an uninsured driver
    The cammer and her sis had a pains in their necks and sore backs but nothing serious thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭skibum

Caliden wrote: »

01d17233
    Reg matches car model.

According to the nct website: "Vehicle Records indicate that this Vehicle is Scrapped."

skibum wrote:
    According to the nct website: "Vehicle Records indicate that this Vehicle is Scrapped."

Shouldn't the scrapper be in trouble for releasing the car back onto the road?

• Advertisement

Shouldn't the scrapper be in trouble for releasing the car back onto the road?

The video could be two years old if the date on the original is correct. (Jan 2016)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement