Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

A few from this have been repeated from other compilations posted in the original thread.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Don't you get a warm, fuzzy feeling when the police arrive at just the right time to give a dick like that a nasty surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

tedpan wrote: »
    Shouldn't the scrapper be in trouble for releasing the car back onto the road?

No insurance so who's to say it wasn't a ringer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

andy69 wrote: »
    Might be hard to see the trailer in vid, but it was really wobbling badly...just as the cops were passing him. The 206, just in front of the Red Ford pulling into Lane-1 after overtaking the trucks:

Two cop cars to stop him - getting as bad as the US, or maybe they were gonna tpac him then realised there was only 2 of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Isambard wrote: »
    No insurance so who's to say it wasn't a ringer.

I was just told the Garda called to the BMW drivers house and confiscated her car!

My channel's videos featured on RTE's Prime Time last week, No payment for the clips used on TV and didn't even credit my channel's name correctly!

dickwod1 wrote: »
    My channel's videos featured on RTE's Prime Time last week, No payment for the clips used on TV and didn't even credit my channel's name correctly!

People thinking everything on YT is free for the taking
    Hope you sent them a nice invoice and asked for a correction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

This was their show! (I edited in my start) They used 10 clips (shown 12 times), total over 1 minute of footage

• Advertisement

I'd love to get loads of clips and do a proper Irish compilation each week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,887 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Send them an invoice and see if you get anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

I was just told the Garda called to the BMW drivers house and confiscated her car!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

Continuous white line, speed ramps and an impatient gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

fritzelly wrote: »
    People thinking everything on YT is free for the taking
    Hope you sent them a nice invoice and asked for a correction
    And when the cheque arrives, he can send on a chunk to Simon & Garfunkel for the use of their song, and Disturbed for the use of their recording...?

Just a riff on the ‘but the dashcammer was in the wrong too’ trope.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Wailin wrote: »
    Continuous white line, speed ramps and an impatient

Lo0MVHH4kwc

If we play that back at 4x, we could call that a slow overtake.

endacl wrote: »
    And when the cheque arrives, he can send on a chunk to Simon & Garfunkel for the use of their song, and Disturbed for the use of their recording...?

Just a riff on the ‘but the dashcammer was in the wrong too’ trope.

:D

Prime Time was seen by millions (probably) my video of it with an aditional song has 350 views :pac:
    If Disturbed and S&G want all of the revenue (lol) they can have it :D
    Chasing Abbey copyrighted my time lapse video and Ryan Sheridan has my channel trailer, I knew that would be the case before I uploaded them as I blatantly used their songs :)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Current affairs or news programmes can generally use material like this from YouTube etc as a fair use under copyright law. It’s the same way they can put sports clips etc on the news without paying for or having the rights, or the way statire or review shows can show clips from other channels to slag them off etc.
    That’s assuming clips are credited appropriately of course.

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    Current affairs or news programmes can generally use material like this from YouTube etc as a fair use under copyright law. It’s the same way they can put sports clips etc on the news without paying for or having the rights, or the way statire or review shows can show clips from other channels to slag them off etc.
    That’s assuming clips are credited appropriately of course.

Fair use pertains to using a portion of a works not in it's entirety - they used more than a little bit to get their point across, plus they said they filmed it themselves
    The commercial side of it I wouldn't be too sure about - usually when a tv programme uses your video they pay you for it

Yeah its called fair dealing in Ireland, You'd normally expect either payment or as you've said credit (or both) I got neither :p

Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000. 51.—(1) Fair dealing with a work for the purposes of criticism or review of that or another work or of a performance of a work shall not infringe any copyright in the work where the criticism or review is accompanied by a sufficient acknowledgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Yeah its called fair dealing in Ireland, You'd normally expect either payment or as you've said credit (or both) I got neither :p
    Might fire them off an email, saying I want to use the clips for a project. Ask them who they got the permission from? Just because I want to get permission and credit them too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

Another one...usual ****e you see on M50/N7 every day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I was sent this clip ...

I was so relieved when voices started to appear written on the screen. listening without sound I thought she had slowed for dog, then ran over it purposely (the bump) and was going to drive off! At least only metal and plastic got damaged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Wailin wrote: »
    Another one...usual ****e you see on M50/N7 every day of the week.

You really criticising other drivers behaviour? you clearly break the 100km/h limit at 13sec into the video.

You really criticising other drivers behaviour? you clearly break the 100km/h limit at 13sec into the video.

He made up for that by doing a very slow 99 km\h and not a normal 99 a few secs later.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

The speedo can be out by up to 12%
    Patww79 wrote:

Well said. So many trolls these days Pat..

• Advertisement

Dont think he was serious with that speeding remark.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement