Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

They should follow the rules like everyone else!

They'll grow up one day and learn how to ride a bicycle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Some unusual junctions in that video, not sure if they're square roundabouts or four way "give way" junctions.

The bollard children weren't making that person's driving any better :o

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Some of those clips I've no idea what was going on/was wrong.
    First clip - bad layout if you were in the lane for straight ahead and your man should have been going left (like most road layouts in Ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,053 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

there are 3 lanes, left is left only, middle is straight only, right is straight and right.
    But people get very upset if you go straight from the right lane.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Here's a little compilation from the past few days. The thread was too quiet! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,279 ✭✭✭Damien360

tedpan wrote: »
    Here's a little compilation from the past few days. The thread was too quiet! :D

Nice one. I must be getting old, I liked your music.

Of all that, most I see regularly but the clip of the ambulance trying to get through infuriates me. It could be someone we know in the back and clowns think it is appropriate to block because they are in the fhaaast lane. He was flashing and full set of blue lights in the evening. It is not possible to miss that coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Saw a chap being done for being on the phone the other day, stationary in traffic with a Garda car right up behind him with blues on. Totally oblivious as the Garda went left into the hard shoulder aside his passenger window, still completely unaware of his date with destiny.

Only when she sounded the siren did he cop anything. There were a few good chuckles from other motorists around, i mean he was so engrossed in his phone call he shouldve had his own chauffer. Twat of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Damien360 wrote: »
    ...He was flashing and full set of blue lights in the evening. It is not possible to miss that coming....

Unless you were this guy https://tinyurl.com/ybpuk7uw or his like...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

inforfun wrote: »

Or Taiwan is the Netherlands of Asia as it comes to driving...... :confused:

Maybe the sheep was driving, emmmm that is a sheep who follows him out the door isn't???

I know I know I should have went to Specsavers :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

1st clip our wonderful neighbours the Roma gypsies..... That's a crash 4 cash big time and very lucky the cam car had a camera.

1st clip our wonderful neighbours the Roma gypsies..... That's a crash 4 cash big time and very lucky the cam car had a camera.
    Yeah, he even fakes a neck injury right at the start.

One of the comments was funny "surprised he didn't get whiplash getting outta the car so fast" lol
    One of the many reasons you need a dash cam these days

Yes they are extremely good at this. I deal with them a lot in work and it's something they all like to talk to you the way the girl does.

You f crazy etc etc but yet then they say..... I donta a speaka da englash....

One earlier gets on eating rasberry cream biscuits and throws in €2 there is no such fare and I know she is going much further as she always does this.

She going mad I donta speaka da englash etc and just stands there. She eventually came up with a 50cent.... That's still not enough and her wads of cash wouldn't work so she finds a €2 and very reluctantly throws it in. Then starts shouting in perfect English and giving out about me to everyone on board

The blue Audi chase in that clip. Is that gunshot damage to the car or did someone on driver side jump out ?

The blue Audi chase in that clip. Is that gunshot damage to the car or did someone on driver side jump out ?

Break glass hammer....

It's the red thing he is waving about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Break glass hammer....

It's the red thing he is waving about.

I've one mounted on the dash in my little 4x4 for knocking around slipways and near waterways. It's got a safeknife seatbelt industrial sharp cutter too. Wife insisted on it after the Donegal slipway and the North Cork Clancy family tragedies.. (We're involved in watersports which notably none of the above mentioned tragedies were). A €7 to €10 investment if any of you are knocking around beaches, slipways, harbours or inland waterways. Obviously we bought it for reasons other than the headcases that used it in that sick video.

*Mods - apologies for the off-topic, but important info.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I've one mounted on the dash in my little 4x4 for knocking around slipways and near waterways. It's got a safeknife seatbelt industrial sharp cutter too. Wife insisted on it after the Donegal slipway and the North Cork Clancy family tragedies.. (We're involved in watersports which notably none of the above mentioned tragedies were). A €7 to €10 investment if any of you are knocking around beaches, slipways, harbours or inland waterways. Obviously we bought it for reasons other than the headcases that used it in that sick video.

*Mods - apologies for the off-topic, but important info.
    Looking at the thugs driving that car, I doubt that they used it for escaping from being trapped in a vehicle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Looking at the thugs driving that car, I doubt that they used it for escaping from being trapped in a vehicle

Agreed of course. Obviously we bought it for reasons other than the headcases that used it in that sick video.

When I said "sick" I didn't mean cool. Scumbags in a car they don't deserve owning.

Edit.. Sorry mods, breaking the charter here, happy for my post to be redirected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Go full screen for this utter moron https://youtu.be/POQvIJReibc

• Registered Users Posts: 27,053 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

For the 'Roma Gypsies' one...looks to me like the car in front of them slammed on first?

In any case, cam car travelling too close to stop.

One from this morning. I was exiting at Finglas. Traffic relatively light. Guy in white got very close. I was aware of him next to me but didnt think he would push all the way across.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Ah the auld 3 lane crosser in 1 go.

Sure he can do whatever he likes.

GreeBo wrote: »
    For the 'Roma Gypsies' one...looks to me like the car in front of them slammed on first?

That's how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭josip

fritzelly wrote: »
    That's how it works

Yeah, often the pair will do a few laps of a roundabout until they can sucker in a victim too close.
    The 1st car will then do something unexpected like changing from exiting the roundabout to continuing around it, causing the 2nd car to slam on the brakes.
    And then jackpot with the victim car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

One from this morning. I was exiting at Finglas. Traffic relatively light. Guy in white got very close. I was aware of him next to me but didnt think he would push all the way across.

I really don't understand why people touch the brakes when they do this. I've been cut off a few times by people changing lanes coming off a roundabout when I'm in the left lane and I've to slam the brakes and they touch the brakes too. Last thing they should be doing when nearly going into someone approaching from behind is to slow down...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yesterday morning on M50 southbound, before Leopardstown exit - thought we were in for a messy crash:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Knob at longmile roadjunction today again.. https://youtu.be/VjpMSknrzmc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement