Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Drivers on the Autobahn are used to faster vehicles and check their mirrors better before changing lanes.
    If you're driving on a speed limited road at or slightly over the speed limit, you're less likely to expect something to fly up behind you, so may not look so carefully before changing lanes.

If you are doing that speed on motorbike I think other drivers are irrelevant tbh.
    It wouldnt take very much to turn you into a smudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

There was a red car involved all banged in, you can't see it in the clip I don't think. That black Mondeo had damage to. Maybe it was a chase?

Can just about make out the blue in the light here:

JmejyOv.png

Maybe the Mondeo rammed the other car off the road? That was my first thought watching the video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

Truckermal wrote: »
    I drive an Artic for a living a use roads like that and the amount of dickheads I meet like that is unreal, a lot of times it's easier for me to reverse as they just cannot drive.

9 times out of 10 I'll reverse like you say, regardless of layby location. But, he's the 10th guy that keeps on coming, I let them do the work!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,353 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Pretzeluck wrote: »
    Do you say that about everyone speeding on autobahn? Good thing we have Google maps street view so you can compare unrestricted autobahn with Irish 3 lane motorway. Waiting for the difference.

1) That clip is in Ireland - we don't have autobahn :rolleyes:
    2) It's not even a motorway
    3) See differences in points 1 & 2

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Well they both have white paint on the road in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7483811/0ad0f90c/weer_wielrenners_op_de_autoweg.html

Has whole road to over take, but only tries when traffic coming, looking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Damien360

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7483811/0ad0f90c/weer_wielrenners_op_de_autoweg.html

Has whole road to over take, but only tries when traffic coming, looking for trouble.

Don't think that's his argument. It looks and sounds like Holland. Their is highly likely to be a cycle path seperate from the road and the driver is complaining that they are not using it.

Having used similar cycle paths in Holland on holidays, the racers are too fast for the usual rider on the cycle paths and it is safer for everyone that they go to the road. You do get people on mopeds on cycle paths regularly but at least you can hear them coming from behind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭Pretzeluck

fullstop wrote: »
    1) That clip is in Ireland - we don't have autobahn :rolleyes:
    2) It's not even a motorway
    3) See differences in points 1 & 2

Call it whatever you want, it doesn't change the facts. The road has 3 big lanes while some autobahn parts only have 2.
    It's like saying you can't murder animals but you can slaughter them. Wow what a difference with different outcomes.

Call it whatever you want, it doesn't change the facts. The road has 3 big lanes while some autobahn parts only have 2.
    It's like saying you can't murder animals but you can slaughter them. Wow what a difference with different outcomes.
    You're correct, it doesn't change the fact that it is a multi lane road and that one has an upper speed limit while the other does not and that drivers on both roads know what is expected and what is unexpected.
    Someone flying along at 200kmh is unexpected on an Irish road.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Van driver being a dick in Ottawa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

I'm going to hell:-)

The facts are in my original post, have another read of it there and you might understand the difference the second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

I'm not understanding this argument at all.

You're (Pretzeluck) comparing a non speed restricted Motorway to a tri-lane speed restricted Non motorway which quite often is jammed with traffic.(hence why its a speed restricted road)
    The N7 is not a motorway. People would not expect anyone to be coming up the outside doing 200+.
    That biker will meet an awful end if he keeps doing ****e like that and I hope he doesn't hurt anyone else while going backwards in a ball of flame through the pearly gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Don't feed the trolls, they might start a revolt

I'm sure I'll be blamed for this, but Hyundai pulls out a bit sluggishly. At 28secs I swerve left as the car behind me nearly clatters into me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Wow, what a complete and absolutely dickhead. Fortunately many people have reported this incident and apparently it's a fineable offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

I'm sure I'll be blamed for this, but Hyundai pulls out a bit sluggishly. At 28secs I swerve left as the car behind me nearly clatters into me.

Blamed for what? Hyundai shouldn't have pulled out. You were lucky that the guy (sleeping) behind you didn't ram you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Do you actually have anything that resembles a point or are you just spewing random drivel cos nothing that you have said makes an ounce of sense..... Why are you even mentioning the autobahn, that was an Irish video, the Irish number plates and driving on the left kind of give that away...... And as Fullstop said, that isn't a motorway. So what exactly are these "facts" of yours?

I'm going to hell for laughing at that van vid just above.

Not exactly a dashcam but :D
    https://www.facebook.com/julie.ball.338/videos/10217572508171007/UzpfSTEwMDAwMTQyMzIyODM1Njo2NTA2NDg1ODg2NDU4Njc/

I've actually built something like that, I can do 50kmh on bog roads! :D:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dashcammer is asking them politely to start cycling on the cycle path (left of the road.
    But we have a guy in 2nd place in the Tour de France so everyone puts on his lycra and is a Tour de France participator now.

And oh... it might have been not so polite... :D

• Advertisement

You have heard about that new thing of recording getting out of the car, do some stupid dance and then post it on the internet for ... yeah for what really?

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7484047/1621ab35/even_stoer_doen_in_de_auto.html

WTF did I just see? :confused::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It never ceases to amaze me how many drivers of branded vehicles seem to forget that they are a living advertisement for the brand that is paying them. Did he really think no-one would complain to the employer, if not to the police?
    sugarman wrote: »
    Translation says theyre illegally cycling on an 80KM/H motorway (Again) with cycle paths nearby.

A single carriageway motorway? With no dividing barrier? And entrance/exits from adjacent houses? It doesn't look like a motorway to me.

inforfun wrote: »
    Dashcammer is asking them politely to start cycling on the cycle path (left of the road.
    But we have a guy in 2nd place in the Tour de France so everyone puts on his lycra and is a Tour de France participator now.

And oh... it might have been not so polite... :D
    Do you really think that intimidating vulnerable road users with a couple of tonnes of metal is :D ?

inforfun wrote: »
    You have heard about that new thing of recording getting out of the car, do some stupid dance and then post it on the internet for ... yeah for what really?

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7484047/1621ab35/even_stoer_doen_in_de_auto.html

Who is the guy who goes booting past in the field at 30s?!

Do you really think that intimidating vulnerable road users with a couple of tonnes of metal is :D ?

I was talking about the language used.

They make themselves vulnerable by cycling there. There is a perfect cycle path next to that road.
    You are not going to swim in shark infested waters when there is a swimming pool 10 meters away, are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So a guy pulls out and you decide to brake heavily , an all 150 feet away from car that pulled out . This distance that opens up between you and that car in that video is massive, two truck and trailer lengths, no wonder the guy behind you is nearly running into you, you just broke heavily in middle of road for a reason not there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Looks to me like you played it safe in case the vehicle pulling out did not pick up speed, which he did and now you're the slow moving hazard!
    In an alternative scenario, you could have naintained your speed and the car that pulled out didn't pickup speed quickly, you would have rammed him up the arse.

• Advertisement

So a guy pulls out and you decide to brake heavily , an all 150 feet away from car that pulled out . This distance that opens up between you and that car in that video is massive, two truck and trailer lengths, no wonder the guy behind you is nearly running into you, you just broke heavily in middle of road for a reason not there.

A guy pulls out in front of a guy doing 80, of course he is going to brake!

The puller out then accelerates away and a gap opens up...Im not sure what you expect from the OP in this scenario?

The fact that the guy behind wasnt paying attention and nearly rear-ends the op is irrelevant, if the OP wasnt there they probably would have just hit the puller outer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement