Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I filter on my bike but not at those speeds .. thats mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Wailin wrote: »
    You're in San Diego?

Nope that was in Brooklyn NY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

Roadworks occurring on the n59, here we have a very important individual overtaking a tourist in a construction zone as the worker beckons the tourist on after stopping traffic to allow the digger scoop up a load. See the camper van? He features in the next clip!

This lad in the camper van, French I think, had been tailgating me something awful for about 25 miles since just West of Galway city. I was leaving a lot of space between me and the car in front so he'd overtake (not a hope of him doing so despite some opportunities today), and in case I got rear ended I didn't want to rear end some other sod. He eventually overtook in the roadworks zone (ffs) along with the VIP bmw. I don't mind saying I had a good laugh at his expense a few miles later, he busted his passenger wing mirror on some timber railings beside the greenway. Serves him right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

badtoro wrote: »
    This lad in the camper van, French I think, had been tailgating me something awful for about 25 miles since just West of Galway city. I was leaving a lot of space between me and the car in front so he'd overtake (not a hope of him doing so despite some opportunities today), and in case I got rear ended I didn't want to rear end some other sod. He eventually overtook in the roadworks zone (ffs) along with the VIP bmw. I don't mind saying I had a good laugh at his expense a few miles later, he busted his passenger wing mirror on some timber railings beside the greenway. Serves him right.

Who's idea was it to put a fence up in the middle of the road?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Pretzill wrote: »

The local politician, because the local politicians brother got the contract for the fences!! and the politicians brother buys all his timber from the politicians timber yard!

probably a true story!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

eyesore isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Isambard wrote: »
    eyesore isn't it

Deadly eyesore. Never seen anything like this and doubt it is a recommended solution by road engineers these days. More like cheap alternative.

Fantastic isn't it, a claim waiting to happen imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

wonski wrote: »
    Deadly eyesore. Never seen anything like this and doubt it is a recommended solution by road engineers these days. More like cheap alternative.

Eyesore and an accident waiting to happen - did someone think if we corral the walkers and cyclists they'd be safe behind that wooden fence, particularly when someone (as they invariably do) crosses the white line oncoming.

Eyesore and an accident waiting to happen - did someone think if we corral the walkers and cyclists they'd be safe behind that wooden fence, particularly when someone (as they invariably do) crosses the white line oncoming.
    That is until someone runs into it and then the pedestrians and cyclists have the dodge the spears as well as the out of control vehicle. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Met this lad who sees me, passes a layby (well house entrance) and keeps on coming. To be fair, he was significantly closer to that layby than I was to the next in distance....... time was another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Met this lad who sees me, passes a layby (well house entrance) and keeps on coming. To be fair, he was significantly closer to that layby than I was to the next in distance....... time was another story.

Actually said out loud "stop f**king steering your car!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I think that fella wasn't in school the day they were doing the how to reverse your car lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I know motorways in Ireland are not that great but that takes the piss and never seen anyone reverse so badly

Oh believe me I've met significantly worse than him on that road. Pity I didn't have the cam then, I'd have one 15 minute video covering a similar distance!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

Looks like this guy was flat out!!

200kmph?

Organ donor racing to his own funeral.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Looks like this guy was flat out!!

Doubt he was flat out, definitely over 200km/h though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Unfair. Organ donors need to be in reasonably good shape in the hospital.

If that guy has an accident they'll be scraping him off the road with a shovel.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭Pretzeluck

Do you say that about everyone speeding on autobahn? Good thing we have Google maps street view so you can compare unrestricted autobahn with Irish 3 lane motorway. Waiting for the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I drive an Artic for a living a use roads like that and the amount of dickheads I meet like that is unreal, a lot of times it's easier for me to reverse as they just cannot drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Pretzeluck wrote: »
    Do you say that about everyone speeding on autobahn? Good thing we have Google maps street view so you can compare unrestricted autobahn with Irish 3 lane motorway. Waiting for the difference.
    Drivers on the Autobahn are used to faster vehicles and check their mirrors better before changing lanes.
    If you're driving on a speed limited road at or slightly over the speed limit, you're less likely to expect something to fly up behind you, so may not look so carefully before changing lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

looks like the N7 to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

M50 this morning. Incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Looks like the end of a chase to me, that black Mondeo is an unmarked Garda car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Looks like the end of a chase to me, that black Mondeo is an unmarked Garda car

There was a red car involved all banged in, you can't see it in the clip I don't think. That black Mondeo had damage to. Maybe it was a chase?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement