Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 f_98

Just wondering if it is just the Verbal reasoning and Verify Calculation in stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Julygirl105

f_98 wrote: »
    Just wondering if it is just the Verbal reasoning and Verify Calculation in stage 2?

Ye, just those 2 again..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LDWIRL

Just wondering is there many others out there going for stage 2 who live far from Dublin. Only wondering as I will soon be moving to back to Kerry from cork. I'm not sure wheather I am mad to even consider working in Dublin . I would be commuting to Dublin for the days I would be working. Then traveling home for my days off. The rota isn't scheduled as I would have hoped for with regards to rest days not being huddled together. The little extra I would earn compared to my current job would surly be wasted on flights,fuel and accomodation. Is anyone else In a simular position to myself with distance from Dublin? Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimmythedivil

LDWIRL wrote: »
    Just wondering is there many others out there going for stage 2 who live far from Dublin. Only wondering as I will soon be moving to back to Kerry from cork. I'm not sure wheather I am mad to even consider working in Dublin . I would be commuting to Dublin for the days I would be working. Then traveling home for my days off. The rota isn't scheduled as I would have hoped for with regards to rest days not being huddled together. The little extra I would earn compared to my current job would surly be wasted on flights,fuel and accomodation. Is anyone else In a simular position to myself with distance from Dublin? Thanks guys.

Are you saying you are planning on staying in Dublin a couple of nights a week and then heading home? Or flying from Farranfore to Dublin as a commute?!

I know there are plenty who are from outside Dublin but they all live up there and go home on their days off. Many of them simply end up relocating entirely to Dublin. The waiting list to get to Cork is simply too long. Could be over ten years at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Adzy911

Hi people.

Does anyone know what dress code is suitable for stage 2. Should guys be wearing suit pants and shirt or would jeans be fine?

Best of luck to everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Best of luck to everyone doing the assessment today

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Adzy911 wrote: »
    Hi people.

Does anyone know what dress code is suitable for stage 2. Should guys be wearing suit pants and shirt or would jeans be fine?

No dress code really for it. If you do get through this though and are offered an interview, don’t turn up in a full Barcelona tracksuit like someone did when I did mine.

Hi people.

The dress code today was pretty casual. Plenty of jeans and shirts/jumpers and a few in tracksuits surprisingly....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 suremaybe

Hi people.

Just smart casual lad that's what most people wore today

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LDWIRL

I know there are plenty who are from outside Dublin but they all live up there and go home on their days off. Many of them simply end up relocating entirely to Dublin. The waiting list to get to Cork is simply too long. Could be over ten years at least...

Are you saying you are planning on staying in Dublin a couple of nights a week and then heading home? Or flying from Farranfore to Dublin as a commute?!

I would stay in Dublin on work nights and fly home then to Kerry for the days off. The more I think about it I feel as though its not a viable option. Doing it from ten years would have a serious impact in my family life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Yayu02

How long does the orientation part of stage 2 last? I have a job interview the same day and I'm cutting it close. Would like to still go to stage 2 to keep my options open though.

Yayu02 wrote: »
    How long does the orientation part of stage 2 last? I have a job interview the same day and I'm cutting it close. Would like to still go to stage 2 to keep my options open though.

I was in yesterday with s start time of 10am, finished at about 12.30... orientation is done before the tests...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MPREDCAP1988

how did people get on with the tests lads?felt alot happier this time around compared to the unsupervised tests

how did people get on with the tests lads?felt alot happier this time around compared to the unsupervised tests

I thought the calculations one was easier but the verbal reasoning was hard to tell..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kels71

I thought the calculations one was easier but the verbal reasoning was hard to tell..

Was is the same type of question for the calculations i.e , equations with multiplication, division, subtracting and a ? in the one sum?

I'm finding them hard to get my head around them. The examples in the practice test are no help as I can do all the easy ones lol it's when they get longer I go blank!
    Did anyone find any YouTube's etc that help explain it 😣 Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Anybody got any other websites to practise verbal reasoning on other than the one public service sent us?

Kels71 wrote: »
    Was is the same type of question for the calculations i.e , equations with multiplication, division, subtracting and a ? in the one sum?

I'm finding them hard to get my head around them. The examples in the practice test are no help as I can do all the easy ones lol it's when they get longer I go blank!
    Did anyone find any YouTube's etc that help explain it 😣 Thanks.

Yes, the same type of questions as in the first assesment.. u need to use BOMDAS for the longer equations.. if u google it, u should find somewhere explaining it..

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

The last day of the stage two assessments are on Monday the 30th April.
    Did any of you guys who have already been and completed the stage two assessments in Dublin ask when the results are to be sent out
    I'm assuming it will probably be second or third week in May?

Paddy 42 wrote: »
    Did any of you guys who have already been and completed the stage two assessments in Dublin ask when the results are to be sent out

They said stage 2 results will be out the end of May and stage 3 interviews will begin mid June...

[qote="Julygirl105;106817452"]They said stage 2 results will be out the end of May and stage 3 interviews will begin mid June...[/quote]

• Advertisement

Ahh right I guessed it would be late May alright before results were out
    Is the verbal reasoning the same as the one we did in stage one 17 minutes for 30 questions?

Ahh right I guessed it would be late May alright before results were out
    Is the verbal reasoning the same as the one we did in stage one 17 minutes for 30 questions?

Yes, and I’m sure some of the passages were the exact same as in stage 1, I def recognized some of them.

Ahh right well it's just a matter of repeating the stage one proformance under little bit more pressure.so.

So the journey home has begun.
    Completed the stage two assessments this morning.
    Cant do anything now only wait for the results end of May.

Question guys.
    How do they work out the pass(percentile) mark for each assessment?
    Does anyone know how this is calculated?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

I have stage two 2/05/2018 which is the last day. I believe results will be out at the start of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

How did everyone get on today?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Hi everyone just wondering does the number your listed as mean how many people are ahead of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Abbey127 wrote: »
    Hi everyone just wondering does the number your listed as mean how many people are ahead of you?

What you mean like if you were 800 in results???

If that then there would be 799 ahead of you in results.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

What you mean like if you were 800 in results???

If that then there would be 799 ahead of you in results.

Hi yes so would there be a good chance of not getting through to stage 3?

Advertisement