Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

User2206 wrote: »
    Hoping results will be out today but it’s looking more likely that it will be the end of next week :(

Could be tomorrow with t being the last Friday in the Month ?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

lfcsean101 wrote: »
    Could be tomorrow with t being the last Friday in the Month ?

Yeah probably actually! Longest month ever haha

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

I rang PAS today, they just said results will be out in the next few days. Sounded more like next week and not tomorrow. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Results are out

• Registered Users Posts: 17 suremaybe

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    Results are out

?? How did you do

• Advertisement

suremaybe wrote: »
    ?? How did you do

Passed thank god! Gone down about 120 places but I thought I’d failed it so I’m happy enough!
    How did u get on yourself?

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    Passed thank god! Gone down about 120 places but I thought I’d failed it so I’m happy enough!
    How did u get on yourself?

Haven't got a message . Musnt have got it

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

Jumped up a large amount but didnt make the 178 cut for interview so feel abit strange

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Matk

On 2 it says not qualified 3rd pass.... My English must be bad. Do they put results of failed. I wonder how must I failed on

Any one else still waiting to hear ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Julygirl105

Any one else still waiting to hear ??

Hey, yes I am. I phoned and they said they are sending them out in batches. And some will be today and others early next week.. I wonder are the first batch the ones who are going to interview first?? Or maybe they are just by ur PAS number..

Hey, yes I am. I phoned and they said they are sending them out in batches. And some will be today and others early next week.. I wonder are the first batch the ones who are going to interview first?? Or maybe they are just by ur PAS number..

Aw nice one cheers for that at least I know what's happening now .
    Id say it's by pas number .
    One of the people above got a message to say they didn't pass

Just cause you didn’t rank in the first 180 doesn’t mean you don’t get an interview it just means you won’t be in the first batch of interviews happening mid June.. you will be mid July or later :) well done to all who passed! I’m delighted :D:D

Aw nice one cheers for that at least I know what's happening now .
    Id say it's by pas number .
    One of the people above got a message to say they didn't pass

I just got my results so check again...

I just got my results so check again...

Yeah got mine there im delighted .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dan6ft7

If your outside 178 will you still be called for sure ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dan6ft7

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Dan6ft7 wrote: »

It depends on your order of merit. If your within a couple of hundred of 178 then pretty sure you'll be called. The further down in OOM you are the less likely but I suspect they'll call alot. I hear alot of stories about how much staff is needed and how many will retire so I would be very hopefully If I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Dan6ft7 wrote: »

It depends on your order of merit. If your within a couple of hundred of 178 then pretty sure you'll be called. The further down in OOM you are the less likely but I suspect they'll call alot. I hear alot of stories about how much staff is needed and how many will retire so I would be very hopefully If I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

So after a long couple of weeks waiting finally received the good news that I am through to stage 3.
    Comeserations to any one who did not get through and congratulations to those who have passed.
    I know what the disappointment feels like as I fell at stage two in the 2016 campaign.
    Do don't give up guys keep trying on word and up words because when you succeed the feeling of joy will far out way the feeling of disappointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

So after a long couple of weeks waiting finally received the good news that I am through to stage 3.
    Comeserations to any one who did not get through and congratulations to those who have passed.
    I know what the disappointment feels like as I fell at stage two in the 2016 campaign.
    Do don't give up guys keep trying on word and up words because when you succeed the feeling of joy will far out way the feeling of disappointment.

Paddy 42 wrote: »

Well done!! I’m thru too and am delighted.. on to the next challenge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy2018

Delighted to be through to the next round. Although I think my age (in the middle bracket)will probably count against me - one way or another. I wonder why, unlike new Guards, there doesn't seem to be a upper age limit on new Prison Officer recruits.

Paddy2018 wrote: »
    Delighted to be through to the next round. Although I think my age (in the middle bracket)will probably count against me - one way or another. I wonder why, unlike new Guards, there doesn't seem to be a upper age limit on new Prison Officer recruits.

I’m mid 30’s and thought the same at the start. But I have a feeling that our extra life experience will be of benefit to the job. So I’m now hopeful it will go in my favor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 1990siobhan

Hi, i got placed 567.. devastated.. i dont think ive any hope of getting called. Does anyone know how many ppl they sre taking on???
    Thanks

Hi, i got placed 567.. devastated.. i dont think ive any hope of getting called. Does anyone know how many ppl they sre taking on???
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TopProspect

I got my results this evening and I am very happy. Well done to anyone who has made it through to stage three. Now the pressure is on for everyone to impress the interview panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TopProspect

Hi Siobhan.
    As far as I know they are taking on 288 full time staff. I am not sure the exact number of recruits. Correct me if I am wrong 😂. I wouldn’t lose hope yet. Many people don’t suit the job and fail the interview stage

Hi Siobhan.
    As far as I know they are taking on 288 full time staff. I am not sure the exact number of recruits. Correct me if I am wrong 😂. I wouldn’t lose hope yet. Many people don’t suit the job and fail the interview stage

Thanks very much. Really want it. Praying i even get an interview!!!

• Advertisement

Well done!! I’m thru too and am delighted.. on to the next challenge!!

Well done :D now to start prepping for interviews

Advertisement