Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TopProspect

Is form B that everyone is talking about the Clearance form that we are filling out?. Someone please reply as my interview is in a week

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭noker

Is form B that everyone is talking about the Clearance form that we are filling out?. Someone please reply as my interview is in a week

Yes it is the Clearance Form

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Pip108

Qucik question but may also be a stupid one, filling out the form b and seemed to run out of space, is it okay to reprint page 5 and stick it in? I have a lot of aunts and uncles, a lot of them deceased but I am pretty sure they still need to be included. Same with regards to current employment, I am working between two jobs at the minute so I guess I print this sheet of twice too? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

Best of luck to those going for their interview today. As a matter of interest, does anyone know what their policy is on bringing cue cards to the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 QueenC93

Hi all, just had my interview today. Felt it didn’t go well at all. How did everyone else get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Julygirl105

QueenC93 wrote: »
    Hi all, just had my interview today. Felt it didn’t go well at all. How did everyone else get on?

Oh no! In what way did you think it didn’t go well?? I’m in tomo...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Allo1976

Anyone know what oom they are calling now ? Anyone any tips on training for these dreaded shuttle runs ? Best o luck to those with interviews this week

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

I'm having trouble getting D.O.Bs for deceased uncles all on my Dads side. My Dad and his surviving siblings can't recall the dates and months. Is there anywhere else I could get this information would anyone know?

Best of luck for those up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

Candidates up to and including OMO 178 are now having their interviews.
    I believe they are taking place over a period of two weeks starting today.
    I would say just practice them excatly as you would if you were doing them on the day.
    Time your self and run between 2 points of 15 meters apart, until you have achieved what is expected of you to pass the PCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

How did anyone doing their interview get on today? Also how long was your interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Tanker88

Hey all. Just wondering what did people wear to interviews? Did people go formal or informal?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 thomasefc3

Tanker88 wrote: »
    Hey all. Just wondering what did people wear to interviews? Did people go formal or informal?
    Formal for sure, went for DFB few years ago and all lads were suited up for interviews

Could someone that had interviews today let me know what time they finished the group work and report writing please? I know it’s starting at 11.15 but curious to know how long it goes on for??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jenni_495

I'm also having trouble with birth dates, nightmare trying to find them! I just want to confirm is it only blood relative uncles and aunts? I have 13 blood relative aunts and uncles so I am assuming (and hoping) I don't also have to include their spouses?...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MissMcAttack

I'm only doing blood relatives and they haven't asked for brothers/sister spouses. Also I am handwriting my forms...are other people doing this or typing the form then printing it?
    jenni_495 wrote: »
    I'm also having trouble with birth dates, nightmare trying to find them! I just want to confirm is it only blood relative uncles and aunts? I have 13 blood relative aunts and uncles so I am assuming (and hoping) I don't also have to include their spouses?...

I'm only doing blood relatives and they haven't asked for brothers/sister spouses. Also I am handwriting my forms...are other people doing this or typing the form then printing it?

I'm typing and printing. I am only doing blood relatives too. I have three uncles deceased for sometime and sadly my dad or surviving brothers/sister can't remember their birthdays, just the year they were born! None of them had Children or spouses! I believe a staff member of IPS will review the form anyway so il just explain to them and hope its grand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Has to be typed and printed as far as I know. They don’t accept hand written copies for the guards anyway so I’d say it’s the same for this.

When are results out from the interview stage?
    How long after this will candidates be called for the PCT ?

Paddy 42 wrote: »
    When are results out from the interview stage?
    How long after this will candidates be called for the PCT ?

They said about a month to hear back about the interview...
    And they just said you will get plenty of notice for medical and physical.. so I would say another 2 months at least for physical.....

Sounds like it will be at least September so before anyone from this campaign is called forward for training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

How did people find their interviews today? 🙂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MCBRENNAN

any idea if they have called many past the 178 so far? are they up in the 200s ?

Could anyone who has had their interview already let me know if they brought in any prompt cards or an A4 page with bullet points for compentencies and did anyone bring a copy of Section A of their application form(education and work history) I'd like to bring these if I could but unsure whether its allowed. I know it but in the throws of an interview its easy to lose track of dates etc. Cheers

Just a heads up, they are sending a lot of people home with clearance forms to type them up.. so if you haven’t filled it out yet maybe print it to save you an extra job..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

Just a heads up, they are sending a lot of people home with clearance forms to type them up.. so if you haven’t filled it out yet maybe print it to save you an extra job..

Hi Julygirl,

Are you saying that they want the clearance forms typed as opposed to written?

Kyle More wrote: »
    Hi Julygirl,

Are you saying that they want the clearance forms typed as opposed to written?

Exactly, if there is any letter or number they are unsure of they will not take it and get you to type the details on the form and then post it into HR..
    So unless your handwriting is perfect type it up to save yourself the hassle..

If you have the form hand written already don’t worry about it, they will let you know whether they will accept it or not.. don’t panic over it!!!

July Girl,
    Can you give us a breakdown of the day's events.
    Which is first interview or group excercise and report writing?
    How long does each last?
    What did they ask you at the interview was it explain a time when you showed the competencies? and what other sort of stuff did they ask?
    Cheers in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Paddy 42 wrote:
    July Girl, Can you give us a breakdown of the day's events. Which is first interview or group excercise and report writing? How long does each last? What did they ask you at the interview was it explain a time when you showed the competencies? and what other sort of stuff did they ask? Cheers in advance.

Jaysus Pat, take it easy. These people are competing with you and they'd do well to remember it. Helping each other out is fair enough but a blow by blow account of the interview is hardly fair on other candidates. There are several threads on boards with plenty of useful and relevant information. Best of luck to everyone in this competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ilikecake90

Few silly questions. But still will save me over thinking.

1. Do you wait to sit untill they say have a seat.
    2. When you meet the interviewers do you shake there hand?
    3. Do they ask everyone for a second example on one competency.?
    4. Is it 3 on the Pannell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Few silly questions. But still will save me over thinking.

1. Do you wait to sit untill they say have a seat.
    2. When you meet the interviewers do you shake there hand?
    3. Do they ask everyone for a second example on one competency.?
    4. Is it 3 on the Pannell?

You will be met by a staff member and any questions you have before you go in can be asked.

Look if you read up on the documents you were given you should be fine.

Don't over think and they will explain each question for you so even if there are big words you will be able to get it(understand)

Best of luck.

Yes shake hands and greet them all.

Eye contact is a good thing too.

Advertisement