Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TopProspect

I have heard of many people doing preparation courses for the prison service. I have choose not to do one because it is €160 and I don’t have the money. Do many people not do the course and still get through the interview stage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 seanog3

I have heard of many people doing preparation courses for the prison service. I have choose not to do one because it is €160 and I don’t have the money. Do many people not do the course and still get through the interview stage ?

I personally didnt but i had done the garda interview one the month previous so it had prepared me well for it . If you havent done an interview in a while its probably well worth doing it . Make sure in ur compentesies that you have two examples of each one of your work life and one of your everyday life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

I found them very helpful with the preparation for the aptitude tests. I daresay I would not have achieved the results I did had I not done the course. I'm going to do the interview course too. I borrowed the money for it as I'm trying to look on it as an investment (hopefully). Best of luck with your interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Pip108

Anybody know when we should get the familiarisation material for stage 3. Interview is mid june. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

Did anyone get a date yet for their interview in June?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Paddy 42 wrote: »
    Did anyone get a date yet for their interview in June?

You had to book your date and time from your Publicjobs account Paddy. Thats how I did it!

Ahh right Pro candidate cheers so it's the same as stage two basically.
    Just open the dates and times and pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 1990siobhan

Hi,
    Just heard from someone today who has gotten over the 178 offered a interview for June has anyone else been offered a interview yet who got over the 178???

Thanks

This is possible alright I would say but they must be just outside the 178 places .
    Some candidates may have pulled out and decided not to pursue their application any further for what ever reason.
    Then they would move down the panel accordingly and call the next candidate or candidates forward for interview based on OOM on the panel.

Hi,
    Just heard from someone today who has gotten over the 178 offered a interview for June has anyone else been offered a interview yet who got over the 178???

Thanks

Not an unusual development at all. There may be candidates within the 178 who dropped out of the campaign. A deadline was set as to when the first batch of interviewees could self book their slot, that deadline has now passed. It stands to reason that they may now be working through the other candidates who are next in line on the OOM.

• Advertisement

Apologies, Siobhan. I have pretty much repeated what Paddy 42 already stated. I didn't see your post before posting mine, Paddy, sorry about that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 f_98

Does anybody know when will we receive the familiarization material for stage 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Julygirl105

f_98 wrote: »
    Does anybody know when will we receive the familiarization material for stage 3?

I was wondering this myself. Thought we would have it at this stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 thomasefc3

I was wondering this myself. Thought we would have it at this stage....

Just got it, check your message board

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TopProspect

I have 2 questions. Is the form B that we have to bring in the day of our interview the Garda clearance form ?. Also if there is no space in the form for all your relations what do you do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MissMcAttack

Hi,

do we put cousins on the clearance form, does anyone know?

thanks!

Hi,

do we put cousins on the clearance form, does anyone know?

thanks!

I don't think so, it's up to and including aunts and uncles. Cousins are next in line after that, so no, I don't think it's necessary to include them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 S00100668

This may have been mentioned already i haven't checked in a while.... I see the documentation needed for interview is
    clearance form
    Passport
    Leaving cert or college results
    And finally the form B what is the form B? If seen no mention of it in the familiarisation material

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aor04

Hi everyone it says on the clearance form that we have to put out passport numbers on it, mine is out of date should I still put the number on it?

Anybody from Dublin going to the career services preparation course on in Cork this saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Tanker88

Hey all

I have 2 questions. First of all. I am not overly confident of passing the shuttle run test. Does anyone know when you get to repeat it? Are you tested on the same day again or are you asked back on a later date?

Secondly. Does anyone know how long the wait usually is from the time of interview until physical? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tanker88

@TopProspect I was told by a friend that if there is not enough space that you mark out another blank sheet of paper like it is done in the form or just photocopy that page again and staple it in with completed application form.

Tanker88 wrote: »
    Hey all

I have 2 questions. First of all. I am not overly confident of passing the shuttle run test. Does anyone know when you get to repeat it? Are you tested on the same day again or are you asked back on a later date?

Secondly. Does anyone know how long the wait usually is from the time of interview until physical? Thanks

I don’t think you are retested on the same day, I would imagine they will say go and work on it and come back in a few weeks maybe??
    I’ve been practicing the shuttles and I’m finding them really difficult aswell. I’d say they will lose a few people at this stage of the competition.

Can anyone confirm if it's one week or two weeks of interviews?
    which are starting next week.

Can anyone confirm if it's one week or two weeks of interviews?
    which are starting next week.

I think if I remember correctly it was 2 weeks...

Next training course is due to start in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ilikecake90

Next training course is due to start in August.

Is that for the 2018 candidates aswell? Can't imagine security clearance would be done in time if there is still 2016 candidates waiting.

Well I suppose the class could be made up of a mix of 2016 and 2018 candidates.
    It will depend on how quickly candidates are called forward to do the PCT and the medical.
    Then the Garda vetting would commence.
    So it probably will be a long shot to expect to have completed all those stages and be ready to start the course in time for August course.

I am filling out form B and about 10 years ago I was arrested for a public order offence and received an adult caution. I am declaring this on the form but does anybody know if it would actually prevent me from getting the job

• Advertisement

thomasefc3 wrote: »
    I am filling out form B and about 10 years ago I was arrested for a public order offence and received an adult caution. I am declaring this on the form but does anybody know if it would actually prevent me from getting the job

I saw someone asking a similar question early on in the 2016 campaign thread and someone answered and said no it wouldnt be a reason for you to be refused employment.. If you have a look through the first few pages you should find it..

Advertisement