Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Pretty sure the condescending ones are those belittling anyone who might dare venture into an Irish pub abroad.

Irish pubs can be fun and tend to have plenty of locals in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Pretty sure the condescending ones are those belittling anyone who might dare venture into an Irish pub abroad.

Irish pubs can be fun and tend to have plenty of locals in them.

Exactly, sorry I should have been clearer

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭petrf

Hi guys,
    Anyone have an idea what time they put up the resale tickets on RWC site. I know they are ahead 8 hours in Japan. Quite frustrating logging in trying to add tickets to the basket that are available, but not available. Trying to get Japan v Ireland (1 ticket) , I have the other 3 first round matches just not the Japan match.Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Just got a text from DHL to say that my tickets will be delivered next Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Kevski wrote: »

Ya same as. I still am waiting on an e-ticket for semi but they won't be sent for another while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Ya same as. I still am waiting on an e-ticket for semi but they won't be sent for another while

Same for stickers for qf and semi. Think they said early September for etickets. Just over 3 months to first match! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Kevski wrote: »

Good stuff. Did you get an email as well or just the text?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Good stuff. Did you get an email as well or just the text?

Yeah, got an email too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I will be in Croatia for part of the RWC. Any advice on tv availability would be welcome. Italy? Croatia? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'm not trying to be rude, but why on earth would you fly halfway across the world to Japan, to sit in an Irish bar and spend 8/9 euro a pint?[/QUOT
    I'll go there, and to similar pubs because that's where the craic will be. Something that you probably aren't into. I know from experience. Between Rugby and Football I have been to 11 World Cups. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭finbarrk

E mail from DHL this morning. Delivery on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

Looks like a blast of tickets went up. Managed to get one of the sat q/f.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Is anyone entertaining a quick 4 night trip for the Scotland game?

Just back from a 3 week holiday with the over half so can’t do another one.

Can get flights for 900- cheap hotel and that’s it! Tempting..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Seems a bit pointless when you'll have a day travelling to get there and another day to get home

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Anyone have a detailed seating plan of the stadium? Got my tickets and trying to find out where they are.

EDIT: Found this.
    https://www.livehis.com/seat/seat2_ajinomoto.html

Do all your tickets arrive today or what is the story? I just received two today.

Edit: If all else fails read the letter, multiple purchases are sent out separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

SF2 tickets arrived, they are truly a thing of beauty!

Expecting four more pairs of tickets, seems mad that they don't come together. Two of those pairs are going back as part of the resale. Maybe they just won't post them at all?

Has ANYONE had any luck picking up a final ticket?

I haven't received any tickets yet - should be in 3 batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Tickets received.

Mine were bought in three separate batches also. Got one today. Was hoping all would arrive together what we having to have someone at home to sign for them.

• Advertisement

Mine were bought in three separate batches also. Got one today. Was hoping all would arrive together what we having to have someone at home to sign for them.

When you get the pre-delivery notice from DHL, there's an opportunity to have the delivery address changed, perhaps you could redirect them to your workplace? It worked for me.

When you get the pre-delivery notice from DHL, there's an opportunity to have the delivery address changed, perhaps you could redirect them to your workplace? It worked for me.

Perfect, I actually didn't delve too much into options as today was sound for me.

That's great, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 aahern

The stadium maps on the ticketing site will give you a good guide as to where exactly they are.

I'm looking to swap my extra tickets for SW2 with QF4 if there are any going or anyone knows of any going?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Don’t forget to pack binoculars!

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Don’t forget to pack binoculars!

And budgie smugglers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

I haven't had any notification from DHL.

I checked for my seats though. Have to say, I'm pretty pissed off. I have Cat B for the SF2 and it looks like they're right on the edge of the zone. I'll probably be sitting right next to some Cat C seats that were far less expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

troyzer wrote: »

I checked for my seats though. Have to say, I'm pretty pissed off. I have Cat B for the SF2 and it looks like they're right on the edge of the zone. I'll probably be sitting right next to some Cat C seats that were far less expensive.

Ah bollocks, might be the same. Must have a look. Bit of a joke if that's the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

troyzer wrote: »

Mine aren't great either. My best ones are for the Scotland game and i'm not even going to that anymore.

Havent heard anything form DHL either, glad I'm not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Text received from DHL this morning for a Thursday delivery of my SF tickets.

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    Ah bollocks, might be the same. Must have a look. Bit of a joke if that's the case!

+3 - my SF2 tickets are CATB and look like they're in the upper tier, in the corner, toward the back. 400 quid a pop. Not impressed. When there's more on the resale site closer to the time we may trade down.

Advertisement