Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

My 3 batches of tickets have arrived.

Does anyone else have to send paper tickets back (due to resale)? Dreading this process and trying to ensure they get to the right place!

Yeah, I'm confused on this. My gf has 4 QF that were resold but she received paper tickets in the post. I presume they're cancelled obviously, but again, not sure what the expectation is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah, I'm confused on this. My gf has 4 QF that were resold but she received paper tickets in the post. I presume they're cancelled obviously, but again, not sure what the expectation is.

The expectation is that you post them back to be destroyed. You won't get paid until you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭arrowman

I have 2 tickets secured for the SF that I hope Ireland will make. And have accommodation, flights etc sorted for the period covering this SF and the Final but despite multiple attempts with late night and early morning logins and many login to the ticket site since, I cant get a sniff of any tickets for the final.
    The only ones left to buy were those Sport Hospitality ones at crazy money

Did anyone here manage to get final tickets?

I am still hoping that I will be able to turn up something as we get closer to the tournament but it would be one less thing to have to worry about if I could get them sorted at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

troyzer wrote: »
    Is anyone else still waiting for any news on tickets?

If you'e talking about delivery then yes. I've bought tics in 3/4 different batches and havent heard a word on any yet.
    Was due a refund for delivery fees too and havent received or heard anything about that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,518 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone got payment for resale yet?
    still waiting and were sold way before 1st of july

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Final batch of tickets through the door. Will try and pick up extra out there if needs be. Cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Kinda regret not paying extra now to have them posted. Design on ticket is meant to be cool too. Have to wait til September, ah well sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

My 3 batches of tickets have arrived.

Does anyone else have to send paper tickets back (due to resale)? Dreading this process and trying to ensure they get to the right place!

You are asked to post them back and you will receive the refund within 16 days of them receiving it.

If you do not post them back you will receive the refund within 16 days of the match being played.

That's what the email of resold tickets says

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mrkeviev

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Anyone got payment for resale yet?
    still waiting and were sold way before 1st of july

I received payment yesterday for tickets sold on resale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,518 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Mrkeviev wrote: »
    I received payment yesterday for tickets sold on resale

mind me asking when your tickets were sold?
    before i get back on to them.

cheers!

• Advertisement

errlloyd wrote: »
    The expectation is that you post them back to be destroyed. You won't get paid until you do.

Ah. I thought there might be something like that afoot. Cheers.

gizmo23 wrote: »
    You are asked to post them back and you will receive the refund within 16 days of them receiving it.

If you do not post them back you will receive the refund within 16 days of the match being played.

That's what the email of resold tickets says
    I didn't resell but the gf did so I never read any email. I'll get onto her later about it. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Received QF tickets today, and awaiting another batch that DHL said were sent to wrong address and they are now redirecting :confused:

The design of the tickets is pretty special and will be attempting to keep them in as pristine condition as possible for the post WC framing.

bigslick wrote: »
    Received QF tickets today, and awaiting another batch that DHL said were sent to wrong address and they are now redirecting :confused:

The design of the tickets is pretty special and will be attempting to keep them in as pristine condition as possible for the post WC framing.

They look class I have to say, really nice design.

Completely agree. They're much nicer than 2015 and 2011.

Yeah my 2015 ticket has Martin Johnson big head on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Anyone who can’t get tickets for the games in Kamaishi. Grab a bag of cans and climb a hill.
    https://twitter.com/freemanrugbyjpn/status/1155024197577351171?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mrkeviev

bennyl10 wrote: »
    mind me asking when your tickets were sold?
    before i get back on to them.

cheers!

Sold on 6th June!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Has anyone had any good deals on flights recently? Planning to book this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sjlc

Got a text from DHL re delivery but supposedly looking for €40 import fee off me. Anyone else get that? How can they justify that when the tickets are essentialy worthless in Ireland

• Advertisement

sjlc wrote: »
    Got a text from DHL re delivery but supposedly looking for €40 import fee off me. Anyone else get that? How can they justify that when the tickets are essentialy worthless in Ireland

What? That is bizarre, didn't have that. Def not right. I would get onto DHL, I have contacted them via twitter before and found them useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

sjlc wrote: »

Yup I'm after getting the same! I think it's very cheeky. They've given me the option to pay online but they are also saying my tickets are being delivered today so I'm waiting to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Yup I'm after getting the same! I think it's very cheeky. They've given me the option to pay online but they are also saying my tickets are being delivered today so I'm waiting to see what happens.

What? This doesn't sound right at all! (I had 3 deliveries and none had an import fee.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

What? This doesn't sound right at all! (I had 3 deliveries and none had an import fee.)

Same here, 2 DHL deliveries, no additional charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

I know,it's ridiculous. We have group package tickets so maybe it's because they went over a specific value? Still ridiculous though, as product won't be used in Ireland so why charge the custom?

Anyway delivery driver has arrived and won't hand over tickets until it's paid.
    So I think I will pay it but definitely making a complaint to dhl/revenue. Its not necessarily the cost but the principal of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

I had over a thousand euro of tickets delivered last week without issue. 2 more batches due soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sjlc

Rang DHL there. Absolutely no use. Not sure what to do now. Dont want to pay the duty out of principal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

You'll have to pay the duty and appeal it to Revenue. Otherwise, your tickets get returned to Tokyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

You'll have to pay the duty and appeal it to Revenue. Otherwise, your tickets get returned to Tokyo.

here is how to do it

https://www.revenue.ie/en/customs-traders-and-agents/customs-appeals/index.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

are DHL looking for the money or are revenue ?

Advertisement